The problem with people getting mad at the forums is because instead of asking for help in a respectful manner they start bashing the device and use "Z10 Sucks" as the subject line, and then they get the same backlash and don't like it, sucks for you, don't start out a thread by bashing the device when you're seeking for help, these people will eat you up and spit you back out for it.

Posted via CB10
    Could not say it better!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:17 PM
    Mine works fine, u must be high on cocaine

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10.
    Another childish response!
    04-21-13 06:25 PM
    Gmail issues

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:26 PM
    They need to create a header saying "if your Google Services aren't working on your device, it's not the OEM's problem. Please don't post complaints on the BB/Apple/Microsoft/Nokia/Samsung forum about it -- head to Google's support forums and post THERE."
    04-21-13 06:40 PM
    Going into Gmail and deleting your contacts will not sync down and delete the contacts off your phone from Gmail if you made the mistake of breaking the sync first! Which it sounds like you did. So it kept a copy on your local storage and the copies on your sd card. Makes sense to me, so chalk this up to user error not bb10.

Have a nice day!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:57 PM
    Like most things BlackBerry, the Z10 offers much greater flexibility and functionality than competitors. The downside is that users must learn to use their phone. The OP didn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:59 PM
    Factory reset in progress, will be trying to Sync with outlook for contacts next.
    04-21-13 07:28 PM
    Now check out all your contacts before restoring them. Either from the outlook program or Web outlook. I found that I had errors all through my contacts. When I redid all of them they synced perfectly! I went through 800 plus and made sure they were the way I wanted them. It was work but worth it.
    04-21-13 07:49 PM
    Like most things BlackBerry, the Z10 offers much greater flexibility and functionality than competitors. The downside is that users must learn to use their phone. The OP didn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    It does?... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-13 07:52 PM
    I had this same problem with my Android work phone. So I don't think it's unique to just the Z10... OR bb phones for that matter.
    04-21-13 09:44 PM
    Decent Phone!!!! Are you drunk? It's a Amazing Phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:46 PM
    Don't get me wrong, overall the Z10 is a pretty decent phone. There is a lot I like about it. However there is one major issue which has caused me no end of grief and needs to be fixed -- Contacts !!

For some reason the Z10 is unable to maintain links and keeps ******* up resulting in duplicate contacts and home numbers now tagged as work numbers.

I had issues trying to get my contacts from my old BB Storm 2 9950 and ended up using the gmail solution to transfer my contacts. That worked until the gmail duplication issues started.

So added all my contacts to my SIM and then went into gmail and deleted all my contacts that I had prev. imported into gmail.

Things were fine until I noticed that when I went to select a contact to text/email/etc... they would show up more than once in the selection list. So then I used the Gmail Duplication Blackberry posted fix and deleted those contacts.

That resolved the issue with the contacts showing up more than once in the selection list... but also caused a few contacts to vanish. No big deal, was able to put them in again.

Smooth sailing again it seem, till I noticed that my contact list started having duplicates again!! From what I can tell, the "LINK" option which would link your Gmail/SIM/Local/BBM etc... contacts all together so only one shows doesn't really work. The contacts keep becoming unlinked and in the process the number get messed up - a home number is now tagged as a work number etc...

I went though my list in detail and noticed that **** - email address' and other data is missing now too!! ****!!

So I went contact by contact, added back missing info, re-linked everything. What a wasted of time!

Next I backup my BB using link. As soon as the Back-up completed I checked my contacts again and guess what?!?

DUPLICATION AGAIN!! AND THEY ARE ALL MESSED UP!!

I'm so sick of this problem, I'm very tempted to just go out and by a HTC One and smash the z10 into little itty bitty pieces and post it on youtube.

If anyone has a permanent solution help would be appreciated. God knows Blackberry couldn't care less!

yep..after entering contact go to each contact that are not link and / or unlink them then delete form local and sim...like on mine I just keep them in Hotmail so no more duplicate...if you have too many well take some number of contact everyday till all done
    04-21-13 09:52 PM
    No one cares.

Posted via CB10
    RECOOL likes this.
    04-21-13 10:00 PM
    Now check out all your contacts before restoring them. Either from the outlook program or Web outlook. I found that I had errors all through my contacts. When I redid all of them they synced perfectly! I went through 800 plus and made sure they were the way I wanted them. It was work but worth it.
    Can you tell me what links you have? My contacts now show two links - Local Contacts & Shaw Webmail
    04-21-13 10:05 PM
    It's OFFICIAL OP IS USELESS

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:06 PM
    you still need to delete from local only keep them on your webmail only...even with outlook it will be duplicate..
    04-21-13 10:18 PM
    you still need to delete from local only keep them on your webmail only...even with outlook it will be duplicate..
    Thanks, so unlink and then delete the local one?
    04-21-13 10:33 PM
    How has this thread not had it's title changed yet? Shortly after posting my experiences at two big name stores, I had my title altered to specify it was my experience with the sales reps at those stores, and not the stores in general. Does each forum have its own mod, and each mod follow his or her own rules?
    04-21-13 10:53 PM
    Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com

this will fix your contact in a flash

Can't be wrong with a 99 cent app that does everything for you
    04-21-13 11:21 PM
    I think you will be doing well just to sync the HTC though a DTM.

I recommend the device switch function for BB ->BB, works perfectly. Who uses SIM card data, you can only store phone numbers??

When you merge multiple accounts and sync always back up and never delete until it has gone through correctly.

Sorry all this is probably too late.

Don't get rid of your Z10 until you are happy with your HTC...........
    04-22-13 02:56 AM
    To turn off the BlackBerry Protect locator beacon press either volume key on the device.
    have tried this but does not work only thing that stops sound is to delete device in protect it worked ok until i sent message to phone then started to not be able to find phone and sound not shuting off now i am going to do complete swipe and start over as it worked for two monthes then started to act up i wil post if this works
    04-22-13 04:07 AM
    Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com

this will fix your contact in a flash

Can't be wrong with a 99 cent app that does everything for you
    In a flash, if you can access your appworld! crapworld! Cant access.it for a couple days already . Sigh!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:49 AM
    In a flash, if you can access your appworld! crapworld! Cant access.it for a couple days already . Sigh!

Posted via CB10
    there many ways to access blackberry world that work through music, app games, app or VIDEO APP try these!! video app worked for me and now i can load from bb world app icon
    04-22-13 11:26 AM
    No problems with my contacts.
    04-22-13 01:54 PM
    I remember the duplicate issue with Google Sync back in the days....it used to occur when there was an error in syncing your contact list with Google Sync...for example, if you were in the middle of updating your contact list, and then you lost network connection or whatever for whatever reason, when you went to sync/update again, you had duplicates one way or another (meaning, your contacts in Gmail had duplicates or your contacts on your phone did)...so I only updated my contact list when I knew I had a good signal or knew the phone wasn't gonna get interrupted....

Ya know when you set up your email accounts, BB10 asks if you individually if you want to import emails/contacts/calendar/tasks, I wish they would do the same for all the social media apps
    04-22-13 04:27 PM
84 1234