i have no gmail account and it seems to loose contacts duplicate then find them no matter how many times i link them next day certain contacts again are duplicated and others not?most that are duplicated are ones that i have added as new contacts. one of many things that seem to all of a sudden pop up i also tried deleteing all sim card contacts only to find that next day it had lost some of contacts all toghether lucky for me i still had them on old samsung phone and could reinstall now i just put up with duplicates but i now am up to 5 of same contacts for certain numbers
    04-21-13 11:57 AM
    Will there be any resolution of this issue in the upcoming release? Some have down loaded an unofficial version, has anyone here done so and can provide an update on a possible fix?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:18 PM
    I think the thread had to me renamed to describe better the problem. An issue with duplicate contacts with GMAIL.

So please OP just change the thread so that it's more informative and people can come and help you.

Posted via CB10
    It isn't a gmail contact dupilcation issue anymore - I deleted all the contacts from gmail and the gmail contact account link as well.

It is a SIM vs. Local/BBM contact duplication issue

Anyway, I've deleted all my SIM contacts, which caused the local contacts to delete as well. So all I have left is BBM contacts.

Next step is to try and import my contacts from Outlook 2010. I think I'll use the BB Link option to import contacts. Hopefully it works.

04-21-13 12:23 PM
    You just don't know how to use the phone properly. Hence you suck!!

Posted via CB10
    People who use the word "Hence" in normal conversations shouldn't make fun of others.

Posted via CB10
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    04-21-13 12:41 PM
    i do not think the z 10 sucks but it does have some issues and no one seems to have answers too
    contacts is one and on mine protect can not find phone or if i get it to call phone it will not stop making sound unless you delete device in protect and pull battery even shutting off phone it starts again when i restart and no one has fix so to say he does not know how to use phone to these people i hope you never have these same kind of issues {p.s. my protect worked good since feb 8 and just started doing this }contacts has been issue from day one
    04-21-13 01:13 PM
    I'm getting to the point that everytime someone starts a thread with "don't get me wrong" I'm running the other way :/
    04-21-13 01:33 PM
    People who use the word "Hence" in normal conversations shouldn't make fun of others.

Posted via CB10
    I believe this would be classified as abnormal conversation .
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    04-21-13 01:46 PM
    Funny how it is ALWAYS the devices fault!!!!
    04-21-13 01:47 PM
    It is, just like it's the restaurants fault the coffee is too hot and the car companies fault that people drive drunk...
    04-21-13 01:55 PM
    Dude, just get an iPhone and save everyone the aggravation.
    04-21-13 02:02 PM
    The Z10 does not "Suck".

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:27 PM
    I believe this would be classified as abnormal conversation .
    Very true

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:01 PM
    FWIW... on T-mo usa. Came from an Android device. Contacts on Gmail. Touched nothing, Went on Z10, deleted duplicate contacts a week ago. They have never come back. Still synched with Gmail. Phones call. People suck.
    04-21-13 04:19 PM
    Haha this guy or girl or whoever is hilarious...

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    04-21-13 04:20 PM
    i do not think the z 10 sucks but it does have some issues and no one seems to have answers too
    contacts is one and on mine protect can not find phone or if i get it to call phone it will not stop making sound unless you delete device in protect and pull battery even shutting off phone it starts again when i restart and no one has fix so to say he does not know how to use phone to these people i hope you never have these same kind of issues {p.s. my protect worked good since feb 8 and just started doing this }contacts has been issue from day one
    To turn off the BlackBerry Protect locator beacon press either volume key on the device.
    04-21-13 05:02 PM
    The problem with people getting mad at the forums is because instead of asking for help in a respectful manner they start bashing the device and use "Z10 Sucks" as the subject line, and then they get the same backlash and don't like it, sucks for you, don't start out a thread by bashing the device when you're seeking for help, these people will eat you up and spit you back out for it.

Posted via CB10
    The_Big and russworman like this.
    04-21-13 05:05 PM
    Gmail sucks. Gmail contacts fail with every non-Google phone.

The sooner you ditch Gmail for Outlook.com or another provider, the better.

The whole point of Google services is to lock you into Google ecosystems like Android. Google makes it break on other platforms.

Incidentally, Outlook.com works great with multiple ecosystems, so when your contacts are there, you just sync your new device and VOILA -- your contacts are there. No need to futz around with SIMs or other nonsense.

Your problem isn't the Z10 -- its your Google addiction. Break it and life becomes much easier.
    04-21-13 05:20 PM
    Gmail sucks. Gmail contacts fail with every non-Google phone.

The sooner you ditch Gmail for Outlook.com or another provider, the better.

The whole point of Google services is to lock you into Google ecosystems like Android. Google makes it break on other platforms.
    The Gmail app on my nexus 7 is freaking trash, the emails don't go through, im emailing with someone and it won't show their reply unless I go to the actual website.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:21 PM
    Amazing.....SIMPLY AMAZING......thats all I have to say about that
    04-21-13 05:26 PM
    The Gmail app on my nexus 7 is freaking trash, the emails don't go through, im emailing with someone and it won't show their reply unless I go to the actual website.

Posted via CB10
    Well, yeah, the Nexus series devices in general are "frickin' trash" -- built to a price rather than to a specification.

That said, I'm SO FRIGGIN' TIRED of Google addicts complaining about how Google's hackneyed services don't work well on devices running BB10, Windows Phone or iOS. OF COURSE THEY DON'T WORK WELL -- the whole point of these services is to build lock-in on Google's platforms.

If someone doesn't like how Google services works on his phone, he has two choices:

1) Switch service providers to something better -- like Outlook.com, which works GREAT on iOS, Windows Phone, BB10 and Symbian;

2) Stick with his Google addiction, buy an Android device, and go to the Android forums and kvetch about all the Android malware, lag, crashes, etc. that he has to endure to get reasonably decent Google services performance.

It's WELL-KNOWN throughout the industry that Google doesn't give a fig about user experience for Google services on non-Google platforms. So to those folks who are complaining, nonstop, STOP whining about it and blaming the device OEM for Google's inability to provide a decent experience, mmmmkay?

Either switch to another services provider, or stick with Google and get an Android.
    04-21-13 05:30 PM
    Lol I agree bro, they are forcing you stick to their platforms, though the nexus 7 is a good tablet, but it's specifications are underwhelming compared to even the PlayBook. I use Outlook and it works great with my z10, forget Google and their data mining.

Posted via CB10
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    04-21-13 05:38 PM
    See...there's your problem right off the bat....you're using Gmail. I use Gmail for an email address that I can give to people I don't want to talk to. Gmail is the Fisher Price version of real @communications solutions.
    The Z10 doesn't suck...you suck! .....but don't get me wrong.
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    04-21-13 06:00 PM
    There's a lot to hate about Bb10 actually:

1. Contacts app not in-sync with phone app

2. Crappy phone app

3. Duplicate contacts (although was abke to fix this already, but still, this didnt happen on my iOS, so you definitely bec of Bb10)

4. Bb10 flooded my yahoo sent mail

5. Terrible batt life, even on. 85 OS

6. Lacking features from legacy BB.

7. Cant access my appword for a couple of days already. BB's one source of income, and yet still a mess up, BB need to beef up their quality control on their services if they want to make a serious come back.

These are my 'complains', and some others too. But all in all, I love my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-21-13 06:08 PM
    I just came in to post that with a title like yours OP, I don't bother anymore to read your or others concerns. If your intelligence level leads you to proclaim a title like that. There's no helping you IMO.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    04-21-13 06:10 PM
    You just don't know how to use the phone properly. Hence you suck!!

Posted via CB10
    Ok, take your kool aid and go to bed.
    04-21-13 06:11 PM
84 1234