Don't get me wrong, overall the Z10 is a pretty decent phone. There is a lot I like about it. However there is one major issue which has caused me no end of grief and needs to be fixed -- Contacts !!

For some reason the Z10 is unable to maintain links and keeps ******* up resulting in duplicate contacts and home numbers now tagged as work numbers.

I had issues trying to get my contacts from my old BB Storm 2 9950 and ended up using the gmail solution to transfer my contacts. That worked until the gmail duplication issues started.

So added all my contacts to my SIM and then went into gmail and deleted all my contacts that I had prev. imported into gmail.

Things were fine until I noticed that when I went to select a contact to text/email/etc... they would show up more than once in the selection list. So then I used the Gmail Duplication Blackberry posted fix and deleted those contacts.

That resolved the issue with the contacts showing up more than once in the selection list... but also caused a few contacts to vanish. No big deal, was able to put them in again.

Smooth sailing again it seem, till I noticed that my contact list started having duplicates again!! From what I can tell, the "LINK" option which would link your Gmail/SIM/Local/BBM etc... contacts all together so only one shows doesn't really work. The contacts keep becoming unlinked and in the process the number get messed up - a home number is now tagged as a work number etc...

I went though my list in detail and noticed that **** - email address' and other data is missing now too!! ****!!

So I went contact by contact, added back missing info, re-linked everything. What a wasted of time!

Next I backup my BB using link. As soon as the Back-up completed I checked my contacts again and guess what?!?

DUPLICATION AGAIN!! AND THEY ARE ALL MESSED UP!!

I'm so sick of this problem, I'm very tempted to just go out and by a HTC One and smash the z10 into little itty bitty pieces and post it on youtube.

If anyone has a permanent solution help would be appreciated. God knows Blackberry couldn't care less!
    Last edited by Hellfire; 04-22-13 at 08:29 PM. Reason: better title
    cbzeduser, zeteo, Matt J and 1 others like this.
    04-21-13 01:43 AM
    *sigh* and how many times have you asked for help since getting this device?
    vespajet and chrisru like this.
    04-21-13 01:46 AM
    Maybe you should check this one out : http://m.crackberry.com/your-contact...-contact-x-try.

Your thread title doesn't do justice to your post even though the YouTube part kind of goes well with it...

Posted via CB10
    braty likes this.
    04-21-13 02:20 AM
    OP,
    I have just sorted this out on three Z10s. Here is my solution :
    Firstly delete or unlink your Gmail contacts from the device.
    Then the duplicate issue would not be there as you would only have the device contacts on your phone.
    Download Contact X from App World.
    Create a backup using Contact X and send the file to your Gmail.
    Delete all your Gmail contacts and then open the mail which you sent. On the vcf file you will get the option of importing to contacts. Import the contacts into Gmail.
    Now your Gmail will have a clean copy of contacts.
    Go back to your Z10, open contact X and use the option to delete all contacts from the device.
    Now setup a Cardav account. Go to settings >accounts> add new accounts > advanced.
    The server for Cardav account is Google.com.
    Set the sync for 24 hours otherwise it will bleed battery. You should see all you contacts. It would take 30 minutes for all of them to show up.

The duplication issue with Gmail is not there is you use a Cardav setup. I would also go to all the other devices you might have and delete Gmail contact sync and setup Cardav accounts on all devices.
    I did this for a friend on his Z10 but his iPhone was set to sync. All his contacts on the Z10 duplicated. So I deleted his contacts again and set his iPhone as a Cardav contact list too. Both his devices are now working perfectly. No duplicating.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:21 AM
    You just don't know how to use the phone properly. Hence you suck!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:41 AM
    Don't get me wrong, overall the Z10 is a pretty decent phone. There is a lot I like about it. However there is one major issue which has caused me no end of grief and needs to be fixed -- Contacts !!

For some reason the Z10 is unable to maintain links and keeps ******* up resulting in duplicate contacts and home numbers now tagged as work numbers.

I had issues trying to get my contacts from my old BB Storm 2 9950 and ended up using the gmail solution to transfer my contacts. That worked until the gmail duplication issues started.

So added all my contacts to my SIM and then went into gmail and deleted all my contacts that I had prev. imported into gmail.

Things were fine until I noticed that when I went to select a contact to text/email/etc... they would show up more than once in the selection list. So then I used the Gmail Duplication Blackberry posted fix and deleted those contacts.

That resolved the issue with the contacts showing up more than once in the selection list... but also caused a few contacts to vanish. No big deal, was able to put them in again.

Smooth sailing again it seem, till I noticed that my contact list started having duplicates again!! From what I can tell, the "LINK" option which would link your Gmail/SIM/Local/BBM etc... contacts all together so only one shows doesn't really work. The contacts keep becoming unlinked and in the process the number get messed up - a home number is now tagged as a work number etc...

I went though my list in detail and noticed that **** - email address' and other data is missing now too!! ****!!

So I went contact by contact, added back missing info, re-linked everything. What a wasted of time!

Next I backup my BB using link. As soon as the Back-up completed I checked my contacts again and guess what?!?

DUPLICATION AGAIN!! AND THEY ARE ALL MESSED UP!!

I'm so sick of this problem, I'm very tempted to just go out and by a HTC One and smash the z10 into little itty bitty pieces and post it on youtube.

If anyone has a permanent solution help would be appreciated. God knows Blackberry couldn't care less!
    Mine works fine, u must be high on cocaine

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10.
    04-21-13 02:42 AM
    Mine works fine, u must be high on cocaine

No he is not high on anything. The duplication issue is real and it exists. Lot of threads on that here on CB. The issue is with Gmail. No need to call the guy out on something which is real and exists. There is a solution, he just didn't know about it.

Posted via CB10
    93Aero, Matt J, RazzBerry and 6 others like this.
    04-21-13 03:29 AM
    The issue is Google based. The phone doesn't have to do anything with it, I even had this issue on the BlackBerry 8530 when using Google Sync

Posted via CB10
    amp323 likes this.
    04-21-13 03:38 AM
    Although it is messy, I never knew that a messy Contacts is a show stopper. This hasn't stopped me from loving my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:38 AM
    There is a solution, he just didn't know about it.

Posted via CB10
    Too busy trashing the phone to ask for help or use the search function
    04-21-13 03:39 AM
    One thing I have is a lot of contacts. Blackberry doesn't automatically combine the multiple contacts but then again neither does android or iOS.
    Some people use Contact X but I prefer to do it manually that way i know it's done right. It took some time but I never had a contact issue after doing it this way.
    I have over 500 contacts, be it mostly business related, and the list grows each month.
    I don't save contacts to my sim due to the fact that I have so many. I can't always take my phone everywhere I go sometimes so having my numbers saved to gmail is a bonus.
    04-21-13 04:11 AM
    Too busy trashing the phone to ask for help or use the search function
    Sadly this is true. The OP should have calmly asked for help when they were having this issue.
    04-21-13 04:21 AM
    One thing I have is a lot of contacts. Blackberry doesn't automatically combine the multiple contacts but then again neither does android or iOS.
    Some people use Contact X but I prefer to do it manually that way i know it's done right. It took some time but I never had a contact issue after doing it this way.
    I have over 500 contacts, be it mostly business related, and the list grows each month.
    I don't save contacts to my sim due to the fact that I have so many. I can't always take my phone everywhere I go sometimes so having my numbers saved to gmail is a bonus.
    I have 968 contacts. You can use ContactX to find the duplicates and sort them manually. Just don't select auto merge as an option. Would save you time.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:22 AM
    The thread title has a lot to be desired.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:30 AM
    Had the duplicates before, what i did was erased all my sim contacts, not sync the contacts from my email and then transfer contacts from my 9900. Done in a few minutes. The one who sucks are those who cannot find a way for such simple problems

Haven't had duplicates ever since.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:39 AM
    Lol @ ProjectBrett dude ur post so out of left field it caught me off guard and literally busted out laughing here at work. Dudes are looking at me funny..

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    04-21-13 04:54 AM
    Lol @ ProjectBrett dude ur post so out of left field it caught me off guard and literally busted out laughing here at work. Dudes are looking at me funny..

Posted via CB10
    LOL

04-21-13 11:02 AM
    This is not what I was expecting given the thread title. Mountain out of a mole hill? Just an FYI for the OP, although the it a frustrating issue, I believe more people would be able to offer you assistance if your title was specific to your issue. People who are browsing these forums and are in the fence about blackberry may not take the time to read everything. They just see negativity. So stay calm, ask for help and you will get it...which you already did from the nice folks above. your problem us solved and since that was you only issue, I guess the phone doesn't suck now does it?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:21 AM
    This is not what I was expecting given the thread title. Mountain out if a mole hill? Just an FYI for the OP, although the it a frustrating issue, I believe more people would be able to offer you assistance if your title was specific to your issue. People who are browsing these forums and are in the fence about blackberry may not take the time to read everything. They just see negativity. So stay calm, ask for help and you will get it...which you already did from the nice folks above. your problem us solved and since that was you only issue, I guess the phone doesn't suck now does it?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You just don't know how to use the phone properly. Hence you suck!!

Posted via CB10
    +1, also with + BIG TIME

WTH it supposed to do with such a provocative thread title you wrote.

Whoozaah

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    Had the duplicates before, what i did was erased all my sim contacts, not sync the contacts from my email and then transfer contacts from my 9900. Done in a few minutes. The one who sucks are those who cannot find a way for such simple problems

Haven't had duplicates ever since.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are correct - the issue lies with the SIM contacts. Any of my contacts that have more than name & phone number seem to be rejected and barfed up by the Z10 so I suddenly have a contact with just name and phone numbers & another contact with name, email, location, number etc...

I'm going to try deleting all my SIM card contacts which should leave the local & BBM contacts intact.
    04-21-13 11:28 AM
    Lameeee

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:42 AM
    I think the thread had to me renamed to describe better the problem. An issue with duplicate contacts with GMAIL.

So please OP just change the thread so that it's more informative and people can come and help you.

Posted via CB10
    q649 likes this.
    04-21-13 11:47 AM
    Weird. I have used the 9930, the torch, the iPhone 4 and 5, and theSamsung g3, the playbook, ipad 1, 2 and 3 and I haven't ever had enough energy to list all the crap on every forum i belonged about what I didn't like. I just went and got a different one. Especially when I was having issues that either everyone else had OR issues that NO one else was having.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-21-13 11:54 AM
    This is the mentality of the people we are attracting with a "Smart Phone". BBRY used to be business only and the type of threads and information on the boards proved that.
    Now you get to see what android and iphoney have been going through for years on their forums....

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:56 AM
84 123 ...