I need help. I just recieved my new Z10 today and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get my contacts to the new phone (That is my biggest issue, not the only issue). I thought I was pretty tech-savvy but the new device is proving me wrong in so many ways. I was hoping that being a Blackberry, this would be an ok transition for me into the touchscreen world, but so far....its not great. First of all, I need a simple segway for my contacts to travel. Ive been reading forums all evening for advice and most of it has proven to be impossible. I read somewhere to send the contact list via bluetooth, which appeared to work (my old phone showed a transfer of over 200 contacts) however they did not appear in the new one. It is only showing 3 (outside of all the unecessary facebook contacts information). Not only did it not work, but when pushing the contacts button, the screen would turn black and bump back to homepag, very glitchy. Then my contacts button became un-pushable and faded out. I had to turn the phone off and back on to repair.
    I've used Outlook on my desktop computer forever, but when attempting to activate it on my semi-new laptop, it will not start, claiming I need a microsoft exchange something or other and that my outlook is not online therefore will not work. Outlook was another Ive been seeing as a great solution for transferring contacts...
    If anyone has any suggestions for me, please help me out.
    02-15-13 12:03 AM
    It may sound tedious and time consuming but you could always manually copy your contacts to your Z10. When BT didn't work for me, I manually typed each one of my contacts from my iphone 3GS to my Z10. Took about 90mins (I have a lot of contacts) .

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 12:22 AM
    02-15-13 12:52 AM
    02-15-13 12:52 AM
    02-15-13 12:55 AM
    Wish I'd seen those tips earlier. Not that I searched for them. I kind of wanted to sync with Gmail anyway, so I did 7.1 -> OS X Contacts -> Gmail Contacts -> Z10. Worked pretty well, and Contacts on my Mac helped clean up duplicates.

An aside: I also love how BB10 links all the contact sources, so people I have in my personal contacts list, Facebook, LinkedIn and my work email contacts list show up only once on the phone with the sources linked.
    02-15-13 02:16 AM