Didnt think I would, I like dedicated boxes for things and I like keeping things neat and tidy.

But I am using the Hub a lot more than I expected to, particularly if Im messaging heavy and switching between email, bbm and texts.

Honestly, the reason for posting this thread is that I really didnt think Id use the Hub all that much, but Im really liking it!!

Similar things happening with anyone else?
    BergerKing and stevepar like this.
    02-22-13 10:57 PM
    I know what you mean. I was skeptical until I got everything loaded up. Now it's so simple to go from FB to gmail to twitter to whatever. Lovin' it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-22-13 10:58 PM
    I, too, am finding myself using the hub a LOT more than I expected. It takes some getting used to with the way it interacts with the apps it displays messages for* but it has been very much a useful feature of the Z10.

*I notice that the hub just references the app it displays messages for but doesn't actually open the app when you open the message. You will notice that at the bottom of the opened message there is a back button instead of an app opening that you have to shut afterward. That's a little more convenient.
    02-22-13 11:11 PM
    Once you start using the hub, you can't go back. It's so convenient to have everything in one place and being able to check all of your notifications in one spot. The invocation in the hub is also addictive. I rarely open up the BBM app itself because I just reply to BBM messages within the hub. Really looking forward to more innovations in the hub!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-22-13 11:20 PM
    Ya, reviews don't do it justice when they say that it integrates everything.
    It is like the multi tasking, you don't get it until you use it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:50 PM
    I pretty much expected to be using the system were all my levels of communication are integrated quite regularly.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-23-13 12:00 AM
    Im the same way. Hub 95% of the time. The rest is when i am starting a new conversation

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:13 AM
    I thought that the hub was a cool idea but I really didn't appreciate it until I used my Z10 for a couple of days. Now I could never live without

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:14 AM
    The Hub is something that's hard to appreciate on video. It's something that you have to use and get addicted to. Once more apps build into the HUB (e.g. Whatsapp), it's going to be super awesome.
    02-23-13 12:39 AM
    It took me a few days to figure out that if I'm not having an ongoing conversation while multitasking, to make sure that when I'm leaving the hub, hit the back key and exit the hub on the hub table of contacts list. Much better when the next notification comes in.
    Also, when you want to get rid of the keyboard so you can hit the hub back key, just hit anywhere on the sceen once. Faster then pressing space bar for two seconds.
    The hub took a few days to get used to for sure, but it all makes sense really fast. I honestly wouldn't want to convert to any other kind of set up.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:42 AM
    It took me a few days to figure out that if I'm not having an ongoing conversation while multitasking, to make sure that when I'm leaving the hub, hit the back key and exit the hub on the hub table of contacts list. Much better when the next notification comes in.
    Also, when you want to get rid of the keyboard so you can hit the hub back key, just hit anywhere on the sceen once. Faster then pressing space bar for two seconds.
    The hub took a few days to get used to for sure, but it all makes sense really fast. I honestly wouldn't want to convert to any other kind of set up.

Posted via CB10
    To hide the keyboard you can also swipe down with 2 fingers on the keyboard, and swipe up from the bottom bezel with 2 fingers to display the keyboard.
    02-23-13 12:44 AM
    I agree with you all.

The hub with the swipe down for upcoming events that links to my contacts is one fantastic integrated experience! Combine it with this incredible keyboard and wow, now that is what communication is all about. I am really appreciating all the thought that went into this design. And the more you use it the better it gets.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:47 AM
    Yep, but I think tapping on the screen is a touch faster, depends how youre holding it of course
    02-23-13 01:03 AM
    Just tried the swipe down thing for up coming events. Perfect! Ty

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:54 AM
    Hub 100% of the time, even for starting conversations. BlackBerry has made a truly phenomenal product this time round.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:01 AM
    Yeah I didn't think I was gonna like it but the more I see the more I think I'll love it
    02-23-13 02:26 AM
    I think it's awesome, once people embrace it they will like it lol

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:29 AM
    When I first saw it announced, I thought ah, what's the big deal. Unified inbox...yeah yeah. But then realized that I had already started becoming accustomed to this concept having used the unified inbox concept on my playbook for so many months (email, linkedin etc...). The only reason it didn't seem a big deal is that I had already come to rely on the Playbook for this unified concept.

Now HUB takes it to a completely new level. I cannot imagine ever not having the HUB and having to jump in/out of apps to update inboxes, refresh data, check if new messages and also deal with different app implementation of messaging. Here, everything is consistent and there together.

Also, Blackberry has API's to enable app developers to also utilize apps to feed into the HUB....that will be awesome having other apps feed into HUB as it evolves.

I think that ultimately word of mouth will end up resulting in BB10 being a great success... you really have to use it for a while to appreciate it and then than results in people telling their friends how good it is....
    02-23-13 07:13 AM
    Welcome to the Hub Club
    02-23-13 07:25 AM