Any body's phone who reboots, does it happen while your using the phone? Some mention that it happens while they sleep. I don't see a problem if it's while you sleep as the phone is most likely detecting a memory leak or something of the sort and restarting to fix the issue. Just my guess. Have had my Zader10 since day one and have only restarted it twice. Wife's Q10 is only a week old but no problems thus far.

I don't always comment on CrackBerry but when I do its on my Zader10 via CB10
    If it reboots to fix a memory leak I think BBRY should go back to the drawing board or just give up.
    Drew808 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:36 PM
    American carriers suck big time. It's really wierd, most of the threads on Crackberry were positive before the US launch of Z10. But after the US launch, there are mostly negative stories. Is it really the phone, networks, or plain old bashing from the biased media. I do think the reboot issue exists but how come it's such a big deal only in the states?
    I hear your Mama calling!!!! Waaa waaaaa
    05-13-13 07:38 PM
    @ ads72
    dude,
    Take off your BB lovin' fanboy tinfoil hat and wake up to reality.
    I have no shares or investment in RIM/BBRY (or any tech company for that matter) beyond the hard earned cash I forked out for the Z10 (and the Bold 9900 before that).
    The issue is real and the complaints about it are valid. I have STL100-2 in Australia (A-tick local unit) and have had multiple reboots since making it my daily driver.
    save your paranoid investment drivel for people who are actually going to believe it.
    zeteo, Harley Kid, mkye86 and 1 others like this.
    05-13-13 07:42 PM
    Only 2 posts too your name and you know it all?

Your short on something yourself.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    What do you have to post 1000 times to say something smells fish
    Maybe the short is you

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:42 PM
    Tmobile has no bloatware, i still think it's the best carrier to get a z10 on.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:44 PM
    It's a damn good thing it wasn't the other way around (your friend talking you into an iPhone).
    Wow, you think your upset now..... Ha!
    05-13-13 07:46 PM
    I have tried 4 X to like it. The phone doesn't work!! Between the restarting, side loading, and leaked OS's (what modern manufacturer does this) and the ignorant anti-Americanism and the young jerks who seem to have taken over this forum, I AM DONE!!!

I was born in Canada and I am ashamed!! It seems like even Kevin wants to come "to the States," I guess it must be frustrating for frozen brains to acknowledge without the U.S.A you would still be driving on dirt roads.

See ya, wouldn't want to beya!
    Admorris and Jamez Avila like this.
    05-13-13 07:51 PM
    I've had my Z10 since the end of March on ATT and my phone has rebooted twice without me telling it to. I can certainly live with that considering it is a completely new OS that I expected to have far more kinks than one reboot a month.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:52 PM
    settings>>>About>>>Category.....Hardware>>>scroll to the bottom >>>Boot Time

You can actually tell from the setting a menu itself. I can't remember right now but it's the second option to see what your battery life is at. If ur under that heading scroll down and it'll tell u the last time that the phone has rebooted.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:06 PM
    Never had a reboot issue... Verizon Z10....long bbry
    05-13-13 08:07 PM
    I guess that's why you are using HTC one, right? I am sure your HTC one is fool proof.
    Yep...in every respect

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-13-13 08:12 PM
    Kind of frustrating. I was really excited about him getting the phone. He was excited. He really actually liked the damn thing! BUT, it kept randomly restarting on him. Since the very first day it starting doing this. I read a few other people having these problems. But it doesn't seem that everyone does. He went to get it exchanged before his 14 day trial period and they gave him a brand new one. It was fine for a few days and on the 14th day it restarted again. On the 15th day it did it again. He is now going to fight to go back to the iPhone 5 which obviously does not have this issue.

Being the BB fan that I am I find this to be extremely frustrating and totally unacceptable. Not even my almost 2 year old 9900 does that. In fact the latest OS update I just installed made it an even more solid and stable OS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT, YES THE 9900 IS ACTUALLY STILL A GREAT DEVICE -minus the camera-).

I am mostly upset because now everyone at work is going to be like HAAAA see we told you BlackBerry Sucks! LOL.. And well to be honest I am going to find it really difficult to disagree with them. I honestly really hope that now that it is after the 14th day they let him get a different device. I would have preferred obviously that he had a better experience with the Z10 so that he would keep it.

Can anyone else shed some light this way? How common is this on the Z10? I have read some other threads that it might be an issue only with a certain model #. I told him that but when he went to get a new one they only had that same model. Is this something that can be fixed with an OS update? Or is it hardware specific? I really want to get the Q10 and was happy to finally have someone else on my BBM friends list. I am now back to 0 and honestly after this experience, I cannot recommend for anyone else to get a BB10 device. It truly makes me sad
    Only a anti-blackberry or paid by Apple user would make a big stink about this Z10 like this. It's a known fact that Samsung in the past has paid people get online and write crap posts like this about the iPhone to win customers over. I would suggest you remove your post as it makes you look bad!!
    05-13-13 08:13 PM
    You can actually tell from the setting a menu itself. I can't remember right now but it's the second option to see what your battery life is at. If ur under that heading scroll down and it'll tell u the last time that the phone has rebooted.

Posted via CB10
    Not on mine...

I converted an iPhone user to the Z10 and now he is returning it!!!-img_00000536.png

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    05-13-13 08:25 PM
    I am a loyal BlackBerry user in the USA on T-Mobile and I suffer auto reboots on my Z10. Didn't notice it the first couple of weeks with the white z10 on Verizon. I do have the problem on T Mobile. Definitely not a troll
    05-13-13 08:26 PM
    The post seems ligitament enough however, let this be a lesson learned the hard way. Never try and convert a person who is somewhat happy on whatever platform they're already accustom too.

If you had a Z10 to demo and solely spoke to all its great features as they apply to you and this situation still occurred, then you wouldn't have to worry about going into work and getting flamed. As your buddy would have made up his mind to purchase the phone of his own accord.

By the way, this issue of phones rebooting is really starting to get irritating. Seems to be all US carriers and really, I find it hard to believe with as many people claiming of frequent reboots that this isn't priority #1 on both the carriers and BlackBerry 's list. And for that reason I call BS! My Z10 has been solid since February 5th!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    mkye86 likes this.
    05-13-13 08:29 PM
    Hmm, I doubt if he was a true convert. If so, he'd still have it. My Z10 has auto started on me a couple of times,...so has my previous 9810. But! Wait, there's more. The Z10 does everything way better and faster than my 9810. Also, the only apps I really miss is SmartWiFi and RSS Reader,...the best out there if you ask me.

Oh! Did I mention that the browser and LTE speed is crazy fast! Oops! I just did.
    05-13-13 08:46 PM
    This is crazy I never had this issue...feel bad for the folks having issues with the Z10
    05-13-13 08:50 PM
    yes, it certainly is not them all. We now have 3 Z10s and 1 Q10 in the family and honesty we have had ZERO issues with any of them. I feel for you if you have though. as for Apps.. they will come in time. Its the future of this OS that is exciting, its not perfect but what is. It can only become better and day by day it is. I have no idea what Thorston and the teams vision is but......I am here.
    05-13-13 08:54 PM
    Hmm, I doubt if he was a true convert. If so, he'd still have it.
    Come again?
    05-13-13 08:55 PM
    Mine has never restarted but I have heard it is fairly common.

By the way, if you shake the device really hard, does it reboot? Could be a loose battery.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-13-13 09:01 PM
    how can you tell if the phone reboot by itself? unless you stare your Z10 24/7, you won't notice it reboot (unless if it's power off immediately, that's different.)

thx
    It rebooted while I was using it at times. Other times, I noticed the BlackBerry logo on the screen while it was sitting on my desk. Yet other times, I wondered why the screen orientation lock was off (I always leave it on) and there were no active apps tiles. I could always check my last boot time in the phone's settings to verify that I didn't reboot the phone at that time. There are many ways that a user will know that the phone has rebooted.
    05-13-13 09:11 PM
    LOL shorts are all over this board making up fake stories. Really pathetic. Funny I, 3 people in my family, and 2 friends and 2 friends of theirs all have the z and none of us have every had any problems with this yet out of nowhere right before blackberry live this bs starts. 100% lie by short sellers. Get a life man.
    If this makes you feel better, keep believing it but it's not the truth. Full disclosure: I sold my RIMM stock last year at a loss and never bought back in to BBRY stock.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-13 09:14 PM
    I, like a few others here know this "rebootgate" is simply not true. There are many gorilla marketers here spreading this lie for various reasons.
    05-13-13 09:19 PM
    Not on mine...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000536.png 
Views:	457 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	161291

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    I take it that you're running 10.1. The information is there on older versions of BB10.
    05-13-13 09:22 PM
    Also you notice the active frames you had up and running are closed randomly. The phone's reboot time is pretty fast so sometimes the inconvenience is fairly minor if you even notice at all. It just sucks when you're in the middle of something and then it decides to reboot.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:22 PM
211 12345 ...