All my berry's before this didn't have that issue.

Then what's the point of the additional settings underneath the profile? For fun?
    Phone calls only: Only want it to play a ringtone/sounds for when there is a phone call, nothing else.
    Why would I need to sacrifice LED functionality for the rest of my messages? Doesn't make sense.
    It's not obvious, but all those other settings are for ALL profiles (Or Modes as they are now called). Meaning if you change the Ring Tone Sound on Normal it also changes it for Phone Only, and if you change the Text Message LED status for Vibrate it also Changes it for Normal.

These are not so much Profiles like we are used to from legacy devices these are just Notification Modes.
    02-20-13 05:08 PM
    There is a reason why its called Phone Calls Only. Its only going to notify you if there is a phone call, otherwise you will have to manually look into your hub.

Haha, we keep saying the same things to each post, so I'll bow out, you can handle this thread
    02-20-13 05:09 PM
    It's not obvious, but all those other settings are for ALL profiles (Or Modes as they are now called). Meaning if you change the Ring Tone Sound on Normal it also changes it for Phone Only, and if you change the Text Message LED status for Vibrate it also Changes it for Normal.

These are not so much Profiles like we are used to from legacy devices these are just Notification Modes.
    Oh I see. Thanks for explaining and clearing that up.. I thought my phone was going bananas!
    That really sucks. I miss the older settings if that's the case
    02-20-13 05:13 PM
    Oh I see. Thanks for explaining and clearing that up.. I thought my phone was going bananas!
    That really sucks. I miss the older settings if that's the case
    You and everyone else
    02-20-13 05:32 PM
    Well then you should exchange the phone because there is something wrong with it. Or you could try plugging it into Link and reinstalling the entire OS.
    Yes, I am thinking that, because it has to be a software issue, not a hardware one as the light does work. So I should be able to sort it out eventually.
    02-20-13 10:56 PM
    The light goes off as soon one touches the screen?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:53 AM
    The light goes off as soon one touches the screen?

Posted via CB10
    It depends exactly where you are in the OS but if you are in not in an app, yes. Or as soon as you unlock it if the screen is off, yes.
    02-21-13 02:56 AM
    Works for me

Using Z10 posting on CB10
    02-21-13 03:52 AM
    I understand what you mean and logged it as a feature request with BlackBerry Development to have them revisit that profile setting.
    02-21-13 09:00 AM
    It looks like my trip to Geneva today has cleared its pipes. Nothing like a little bit of roaming apparently to put things in order. Blinking now works without any change to the settings.
    02-21-13 10:58 AM
    Was still behaving strangely. Did a full OS reload (worked like a charm with BB Link!...) and it is now perfect.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-23-13 07:16 AM
36 12