I have been struggling with the Z10 and starting to get to grips with it. I give it until the end of the week end to decide if I go back to the 9900, but one thing that really annoys me, apart from the fact that BB Link is supposed to help you switch devices but simply does not, is the disappearance of the red blinking light for messages. I have checked 200 times the settings, rebooted many times, even security swiped the thing, but the blinking light works only whilst the phone is ringing! It does not tell you that a new mail has arrived!
    02-20-13 04:20 PM
    It works for me.

Settings>Proflies>LED:On (Note: Adjust this setting for each Profle)

Then: Messages>LED: On, Text>LED: On, etc

(Yes, I know you said you checked the settings 200 times, but this setting seems to work for everyone else)
    02-20-13 04:23 PM
    Uhh, It does have a blinking red light. Maybe yours is turned off. Go to settings/notifcations and LED on. If its not working then yours is defective and you should return it for a new one.
    02-20-13 04:23 PM
    Yes, it blinks if led notification is set.

ds

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-20-13 04:25 PM
    it cannot be defective if it works when the phone rings?
    02-20-13 04:27 PM
    it cannot be defective if it works when the phone rings?
    Did you do what we said?
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-20-13 04:28 PM
    If you did, then yes it is defective.

should look like this.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-20-13 04:30 PM
    It works for me.

Settings>Proflies>LED:On (Note: Adjust this setting for each Profle)

Then: Messages>LED: On, Text>LED: On, etc

(Yes, I know you said you checked the settings 200 times, but this setting seems to work for everyone else)
    I don't have Profiles in my System Settings. I have Notifications only.
    02-20-13 04:32 PM
    If you did, then yes it is defective.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nlym88.png

should look like this.
    Yes. But OP don't forget the second step:
    Attached Thumbnails I cannot believe there is no blinking red light!-img_00000032.jpg  
    02-20-13 04:33 PM
    Did you do what we said?
    Yes Sir!
    02-20-13 04:33 PM
    Yes. But OP don't forget the second step:
    Yes
    02-20-13 04:34 PM
    I don't have Profiles in my System Settings. I have Notifications only.
    Sorry I was using the old terminology. You are correct it is labelled Notifications. If you have all those settings correct it should flash when you get a message.
    02-20-13 04:35 PM
    It is just that the LED physically works, when powering up or when the phone rings, but not on messages, BBM or texts.
    02-20-13 04:38 PM
    It works flawlessly for me as well. Take it to your dealer and either get it swapped or fixed.
    02-20-13 04:40 PM
    U went into the BBM and text settings shown at the bottom of that screen shot and enabled the led there too right?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 04:43 PM
    It is just that the LED physically works, when powering up or when the phone rings, but not on messages, BBM or texts.
    Well if you have all the settings right there is something wrong with your phone.

You said you did a security wipe. Afte you did that did you test it before restoring everything to your device? The reason I ask is it is theoretically possible that an app or something is affecting your LED notifications. Do you have any notification apps installed, like Color ID, or something like that? (Not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with the app Color ID)
    02-20-13 04:44 PM
    The phone is 100% app free, i.e. I have not added anything to the standard set up.
    02-20-13 04:46 PM
    Change mode to normal. You have it set to phone calls only

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 04:47 PM
    U went into the BBM and text settings shown at the bottom of that screen shot and enabled the led there too right?

Posted via CB10
    yes
    02-20-13 04:47 PM
    Change mode to normal. You have it set to phone calls only

Posted via CB10
    Yes, normal mode.
    02-20-13 04:48 PM
    The phone is 100% app free, i.e. I have not added anything to the standard set up.
    Well then you should exchange the phone because there is something wrong with it. Or you could try plugging it into Link and reinstalling the entire OS.
    02-20-13 04:53 PM
    When I set my profile to Phone Calls Only, it does the exact same thing. even though all notifications are turned ON. No LED for BBM or texts. Drives me insane.

Might be a bug?
    02-20-13 04:55 PM
    When I set my profile to Phone Calls Only, it does the exact same thing. even though all notifications are turned ON. No LED for BBM or texts. Drives me insane.

Might be a bug?
    There is a reason why its called Phone Calls Only. Its only going to notify you if there is a phone call, otherwise you will have to manually look into your hub.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-20-13 05:00 PM

Might be a bug?
    Actually that is normal. Phone Calls Only notifies you for Phone Calls Only. I understand why you might still want the LED for the other items, but regardless that's not a bug, that's the way it's supposed to work.
    02-20-13 05:01 PM
    There is a reason why its called Phone Calls Only. Its only going to notify you if there is a phone call, otherwise you will have to manually look into your hub.
    All my berry's before this didn't have that issue. When you switch to phone calls only, LED still goes off for all notifications. Only the sounds get turned off.

What's the point of the additional settings underneath the profile sub-settings then? For fun?
    Phone calls only: Only want it to play a ringtone/sounds for when there is a phone call, nothing else.
    Why would I need to sacrifice LED functionality for the rest of my messages?

Doesn't make sense.
    02-20-13 05:03 PM
36 12