I have done everything I can think of to get the z10 to either freeze or reboot. It's been almost three months and still have not had a single reboot. What am I doing different then others who claim to have had a reboot after a few days?
    Hey I read that Samsung paid people to post fake reviews. Just saying

Posted via CB10
    IqWaN, SDTRMG, jay_men and 3 others like this.
    04-22-13 07:42 AM
    I have done everything I can think of to get the z10 to either freeze or reboot. It's been almost three months and still have not had a single reboot. What am I doing different then others who claim to have had a reboot after a few days?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've had mine since UK launch and not a single problem. I wish I had freezes, reboots and battery problems. I feel left out LOL. I do feel bad though for the people that are genuinely having reboots. Replace that device asap.
    Heard about that Samsung crap, you think that could be possible on here?

Posted via Galactus10
    IqWaN likes this.
    04-22-13 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you drop it a few times, perhaps then you will get the reboots

Ive had mine for over a mth and still rock solid, no reboots or any stupid behaviour. Thats not to say people arent suffering from issues. Seems like Verizon who released their Z10 to the public are still running an old OS so who knows whether its a software or hardware problem. But i genuinely feel bad for the people who are suffering from random reboots.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-22-13 07:49 AM
    Me too.
    Not a single reboot since March 21st.

I don't believe that others with the problems are fakes.
    I think the problem is mainly on STL100-3s and STL-100-4s.
    I own a STL100-2.

Still it is sad...
    04-22-13 08:04 AM
    I have a 3 and haven't had a single reboot since February 5th.

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    04-22-13 08:07 AM
    I have a 3 and haven't had a single reboot since February 5th.

Posted via CB10
    It seems to me you bought a defective one....
    Sorry, just kidding...
    nickdollimount likes this.
    04-22-13 08:09 AM
    Try trading it in for a STL100-4 running 10.0.9.422 on Verizon in the USA. I have two lines that are both Z10s and they both reboot randomly.

However, I don't see what the big deal about it is. It really doesn't affect my day to day that much, and I'm sure it will get fixed in the coming weeks/month.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry and OMGitworks like this.
    04-22-13 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Proof?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:17 AM
    Me either. I've had a lot of stuff open and it doesn't slow down or crash, nothing. It's too fast! :P

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-22-13 08:18 AM
    Never had a random reboot, but I've had apps just close silently, no error message etc. I would hope that future versions of BB10 would do something like Windows, and provide you more information about why an app closed and provide a consistent way to report it.
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    04-22-13 08:19 AM
    Me too.
    Not a single reboot since March 21st.

I don't believe that others with the problems are fakes.
    I think the problem is mainly on STL100-3s and STL-100-4s.
    I own a STL100-2.

Still it is sad...
    not STL 100-3 which is what I have and never notice reboots once here in Canada on telus. But my phone is turned off at night every night
    04-22-13 08:26 AM
    happy and never had any problems,companies hire bloggers to promote thier products and why not put down thier rivals as well.totally possible,how do you prove it?
    04-22-13 08:28 AM
    I remember having a freeze twice thou since Feb 5. That's about it
    04-22-13 08:28 AM
    its everywhere on the net
    04-22-13 08:36 AM
    Had mine since early Feb. One time wouldn't pick up a wifi network and I had to restart. Other than that, all good. Haven't heard any complaints from anyone else who I know that has one either. Although I suspect the problems with Verizon are real. Why can't they get their s*** together? Seems pretty clear that it is a bloatware problem, and not an issue with the phones themselves.
    04-22-13 08:41 AM
    3 and no reboots

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:42 AM
    Have my z10 since May and iits work perfect!!! No lag or reboots, i love this phone!!!
    Coming from iPhone 5

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:44 AM
    Same .. no reboots .. pretty freakin' solid phone if you ask me. Had since the 5th of Feb
    04-22-13 08:44 AM
    I have had a single reboot while in use. I was listening to music while chatting with someone on a side loaded steam app.

I've used steam on my phone since I got it a week after launch and it's only had that one reboot. I'd assume it was steam since it isn't really made for the phone. No problems since that one time either.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:04 AM
    You guys doing much android app sideloading? I only seem to notice the phone has rebooted (cause it doesn't go back into bedside mode at night) after I've been screwing around with sideloaded apps. All of which I've deleted because they just seem to junk up the phone and don't really work that well anyway. Why would I want to put some junky Android Gingerbread app on my sweet Z10!? It's the whole reason I avoided Android as a whole.
    04-22-13 09:06 AM
    What am I doing different then others who claim to have had a reboot after a few days?
    Nothing. Even though there are tons of theories, there's always an exception to them. Mine reboots, and I can rule out the SD card and sim card, as I have neither. Never sideloaded anything. It's not a matter of doing anything different I don't think.

Only BlackBerry knows the cause for sure, and they're not (officially) telling us what it is as far as I know.

Good to hear though that it IS possible for a Z10 to run without reboots, so in theory it can be fixed/replaced.
    04-22-13 09:15 AM
    lol trying to fight qnx BB were'nt lying.I had a lock up at some point but oddly after like 30-50 seconds then framed it.there was a pause and just kept doing what I wanted then after that everything just went back to normal.
    04-22-13 09:20 AM
    I have had my Z10 since February 16th and have had 3 reboots but didn't bother me cuz that works out to like once a month but, ya this phone is blazing fast, it's had a good almost three month run with me but next week I will be upgrading to the Q10 and selling my Z10..

But I'm happy I switched from my Galaxy Note to the Z10 to try bb10 instead of waiting till April 30th for the Q10, that wait would have been so much worse!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:21 AM
    Proof?

Posted via CB10
    BBC News - Samsung probed in Taiwan over 'fake web reviews'
    Mecca EL and wasabiGT like this.
    04-22-13 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't take the bait!

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 09:24 AM
52 123