It's been almost a month now since I was robbed off my brand new(just 20 days old) Z10. I had bought my Z10 after having saved every single penny from my 6-7 months salary. It was one of my most priced possessions and I was completely in love with it. But,unfortunately, it was stolen one day. Now, I need to start saving again to buy another one and may take few more months.I am missing my Z10 a lot. So, guys please suggest ways to divert my mind and not to miss my Z10 so much...atleast till I get a new one

(Recently, after looking at a few pics of the soon to be launched Jakarta "Z3", I have started getting infatuated by it...atleast by its looks. But its specs don't impress me much. Seems like my Z10 was much better )
    02-28-14 10:12 AM
    If you can, buy another Z10. Same price point for a BNIB Z10 (if not even lower at the Z3s launch) , and also better spec'd.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    jagdik likes this.
    02-28-14 10:17 AM
    First, sorry about the theft and hope you can get another one soon.

Next, welcome to Crackberry. Maybe just reading the forums will provide useful information for when you do get another one.
    jagdik likes this.
    02-28-14 12:10 PM
    Very sorry to hear about what happened. Some people can be awful.

Try looking on Craigslist, eBay, and even the CB buy/sell board and other places like that. You might find a good deal on a used Z10 that you could get more quickly. Just make sure it is a legit seller.
    jagdik likes this.
    02-28-14 03:41 PM
    Did you try tracing it using protect? Login using your BlackBerry ID online and it gives you the device location.

May help you recover it. Wouldn't help to try.

Posted via CB10
    jagdik likes this.
    02-28-14 04:03 PM
    Also, if you report it stolen (or lost), BB or your carrier can deactivate it so that the thief cannot use it.
    jagdik likes this.
    02-28-14 06:56 PM
    Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. It's indeed heartening to know that you empathize with my situation. I am from India and here the devices are not bound to any carriers unlike in the US or UK. So, the carriers do not look into lost/stolen devices. Had lodged a complaint with the police as soon as my Z10 was stolen. They track the stolen devices using their IMEI numbers. Normally, the devices after being stolen are sold in the grey market by the thieves. Once sold, it's either switched off or not on any network.So it may take really long time before the device is actually switched on or active and back on network. So, no use trying to trace my Z10 through BB Protect.

Having said that, I still feel I share some kind of emotional connect with my Z10 and one day I will definitely get it back. Till then don't feel like buying/using any other phone.
    03-01-14 04:53 AM