Hi there CB nation,
    Every other feature from 1055 works except for pic password. I turn it on, go through the set up close it only to find that it gets set back to off automatically!

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:49 AM
    Hi there CB nation,
    Every other feature from 1055 works except for pic password. I turn it on, go through the set up close it only to find that it gets set back to off automatically!

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Did you turn on simple password also? Simple password has to be turned on first then turn on picture password. That is how I got it to work.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-16-13 06:09 AM
    Exactly what the post above me says. Make sure simple password is off.

It's going to default to using that instead of pic password.

Posted with a flick of my thumb via CB10
    11-16-13 06:17 AM
    Yup, tried every possible combination and no matter what I do, when I leave settings and go back into it, it's set back to off.

Every other 1055 feature is working and I'd love this awesome one to as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:31 AM
    Yup, tried every possible combination and no matter what I do, when I leave settings and go back into it, it's set back to off.

Every other 1055 feature is working and I'd love this awesome one to as well.

Posted via CB10
    Do a hard reset? ( volume up and down)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:33 AM
    Didn't work either. Just don't get why it changes instantaneously. Oh well, may as well just enjoy the other features.

Appreciate the advice.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:44 AM
    Didn't work either. Just don't get why it changes instantaneously. Oh well, may as well just enjoy the other features.

Appreciate the advice.

Posted via CB10
    What stl device do you have?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:50 AM
    It works on mine. Are you sure you're finishing the setup?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:52 AM
    I am.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am on 4. In my case, I installed. 1055. Did a restore. I had my simple password turned off. Tried to turn on picture password on and the screen would dim then picture password would default back to off. So I tried turning on simple password then picture password and it worked .

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:04 AM
    I put 1055 back on but before I restored, I tried it out and it worked. I'll give it another shot once I restore and if it doesn't work, I'm going to have to assume it's a file that I am restoring back onto my phone that is preventing it from working.
    11-16-13 07:35 AM
    Simple password does not have to be on.

Picture password will not work if you have a work email that has an IT policy requiring you to have a password.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:37 AM
    good to know, thanks. I'm a teacher so that may explain it because I get my work email forwarded to my phone.
    11-16-13 07:53 AM
    Yeah I have a work email too. I could get the picture password option to show, then I could set up my password, but it just wouldn't set. I then deleted my work account, and it still wouldn't work.

The account was deleted, but the policy was still embedded in the phone. Had to do a security wipe. Once all was gone, I Only entered my personal email. Now I'm enjoying the picture password.

I installed an android email client to view my work emails. It sucks and it makes you appreciate the hub so much more.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:01 AM
    The picture password is tricky. I have a work email as well. It wouldn't work at first, but you have to move your password number to the space it was to move from. The password will say that is wrong. Then I moved the number from the proper start location to the end location and it worked. I don't think this is how it is supposed to work, but it worked for me. I just turned it off and went back to simple password.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-16-13 08:30 AM
    The picture password is tricky. I have a work email as well. It wouldn't work at first, but you have to move your password number to the space it was to move from. The password will say that is wrong. Then I moved the number from the proper start location to the end location and it worked. I don't think this is how it is supposed to work, but it worked for me. I just turned it off and went back to simple password.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    I don't know what you are trying to say.

All I know is its really simple than what others have been saying. Watch the video.

My IT has a policy that will not allow me to use picture password. I'm thinking it's because the policy requires me to have a password, and it's only set up for pin, or text passwords.

Anyway, just a tip when using the picture password. When you are in the screen to unlock it, if the secret number is already next to your secret location, you can't use that. Find another one that's not touching the secret area.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:43 AM
    I wasn't a huge fan of the PP ,it seems a bit gimmicky to me. IMO
    11-16-13 08:52 AM
    I wasn't a huge fan of the PP ,it seems a bit gimmicky to me. IMO
    Far from "gimmicky".

The whole point of the picture password is to be able to unlock the phone without people actually catching you and learning how to unlock your phone unlike pattern and pin lock.

Others, to the untrained eyes all just see a grid of numbers. Only you will know which number will go where. They can watch you do it, but will not know which one you are trying to line up. They can see how far you move your thumb, but that doesn't work because it will always change.

Is it hard? No.

What do you do?
    Step 1: Drag one number to one location.
    Step 2: seek counseling if unable to perform step 1.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:15 AM
    Far from "gimmicky".

The whole point of the picture password is to be able to unlock the phone without people actually catching you and learning how to unlock your phone unlike pattern and pin lock.

Others, to the untrained eyes all just see a grid of numbers. Only you will know which number will go where. They can watch you do it, but will not know which one you are trying to line up. They can see how far you move your thumb, but that doesn't work because it will always change.

Is it hard? No.

What do you do?
    Step 1: Drag one number to one location.
    Step 2: seek counseling if unable to perform step 1.

Posted via CB10
    Priceless!

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    11-16-13 10:30 AM
    I use a single password , but it really has a lot of lag. Anyone has a solution for that? Because it's quite annoying.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:22 PM
    Simple password does not have to be on.

Picture password will not work if you have a work email that has an IT policy requiring you to have a password.

I've got the same problem and I do have a work account that has an IT policy for a password so I guess I'm SOL for Picture Password.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:56 PM
    Mike, I found another way by downloading an android Microsoft Exchange email client to handle my work email.

It's nothing like the hub, but now I can use my picture password. If you want to do the same, but already have your work account in the hub, you'll have to do a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:22 PM
    Worked for me this way;

1- Setup a simple password,
    2- Reboot,
    3- Turn on PP, and follow it's simple setup. (select 1 number, and 1 picture)

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:05 PM
    Worked for me this way;

1- Setup a simple password,
    2- Reboot,
    3- Turn on PP, and follow it's simple setup. (select 1 number, and 1 picture)

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    The problem wasn't getting it turned on, it was getting it to stay turned on when an Active Sync account is present on the device and it doesn't look like there is a fix for that.

Mike
    11-16-13 08:20 PM
27 12