This is a major fail in my book. Maybe it's an AT&T issue but I hate the voicemail on my Z10.

It's set up as visual voicemail so you see who's calling tap it and it plays. BUT there's no menu for repeating the message or skipping the message or deleting the message. Moreover, when I'm in my car and it's connected to my handfree the phone works perfectly but voicemail does not play over the handsfree. I have to handle the phone and listen to it on my ear. A REAL LET DOWN!

Am I doing something wrong? Any tips?
    03-25-13 10:38 AM
    I have the same issue with visual voicemail on my 9900 not playing over BT...
    03-25-13 10:41 AM
    My Torch worked perfectly every time. I'd dial voicemail and it came over my car speakers and I used the dialing pad on the dash (Volvo has an intergrated radio/phone dial pad right there in front of you) to skip, delete, etc. I'm in my car a lot and so far this feature on the Z10 is a fail grade for me.
    03-25-13 11:13 AM
    Correct. What i am saying is that you can dial 1 for voicemail and you can hear it over your speakers just fine. As i was saying on my 9900, i can dial 1 & get the VM over the speakers. For whatever reason "Visual Voice Mail" does not go over the speakers when you are connected to Bluetooth.
    03-25-13 11:56 AM
    Same here vvm won't work over blue tooth

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:18 PM
    you should be able to get to the dial pad and press 1 to dial the VM from the phone... that should allow you to check messages and use the BT Speakers...
    03-25-13 01:34 PM
    This is a major fail in my book. Maybe it's an AT&T issue but I hate the voicemail on my Z10.

It's set up as visual voicemail so you see who's calling tap it and it plays. BUT there's no menu for repeating the message or skipping the message or deleting the message.
    Is this a bug in the VV application or does it lack the features of previous VV applications? On my 9800 the message plays with full fast forward and rewind controls.
    03-25-13 01:40 PM
    You're right. It works fine when you dial 1 but touching the visual voicemail button goes to the handheld only. You also don't have any of the menu functions like fast forward, skip, delete etc. When dialing 1 you get the full menu.

Also, I noticed that emails are not like they used to be. On my Torch I could copy and past someone's email address. On the Z10 I can only add to contacts. There's no Select Text or Select tab or any copy, paste etc on the menu. I want one email address and don't want that person in my contacts. But it's impossible. On the old BB devices you could open the address and copy it and paste it anywhere you wanted - same as an iPhone. I hope BB corrects that.
    03-25-13 03:35 PM
    I wish someone would post up some screenshots of the VVM application. I can't believe there are no pause, rewind, etc.. controls.
    03-25-13 03:53 PM
    I know what you mean because on my Torch the functions were simple pushing digits. On the Z10 on have to dial 1 on the keypad and then you can do all the functions from there. And it will play on your handsfree too.
    03-25-13 06:19 PM
    I think we're thinking of different things.

On my 9800 there was no dialing out for voicemail. I tap the VVM application and I get a list of messages that looks identical to my email list.

When I tap a message, up comes a screen almost identical to the MP3/Music player. There's a media scrubber so I can move several seconds forwards/backwards in a message, etc...

If you're dialing or using the number pad then I don't think you're using VVM.
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-25-13 06:43 PM
    I know what you mean because on my Torch the functions were simple pushing digits. On the Z10 on have to dial 1 on the keypad and then you can do all the functions from there. And it will play on your handsfree too.
    I don't have to press any number for my VVM, it has the option to play/pause or handsfree and you can also rewind. Maybe you have not activated your Visual Voicemail yet.
    Last edited by pels_17; 03-25-13 at 07:29 PM.
    03-25-13 07:03 PM