i recently purchased a BB Z10 in Dubai (UAE) with lot of anticipation and excitement, all to realize that i wasted my money and excitement over a dumb phone !!!! Yes you read it right, dumb phone ever since day one my BB has been acting weird when trying to connect to the WiFi at my office, my home or anywhere for that matter, it does not have tools to scan the network manually and it doesnt show the network at my home which i own, rather it shows networks which are in the neighbouring areas, if at all it shows my own wifi network it would not connect , initially i thought it was my wifi which was bad, but i tried all my other devices on the same network to findout they were working perfect.

Second issue is the phonebook, at times when you are searching for a contact and open it and then exit it it would not exit out of the phone book entry the phone does not hang but the phone book does !!! you exit the phone book and open again and it shows the same spot where you left...... this has happned more then 10 times, i had to swipe my data 3 times and reset the whole data to get a solution, but in vain.

One of my friend in India purchased a Z10 too and when he was set to use he got a upgrade notification, the moment he upgraded the phone his phone went dead, he then had to re-install the whole os from some service centre to use the phone yet he has issues far from being solved.

BIS/BLACKBERRY are you really running towards your end ???? Can someone help me out solving the wifi and phone book issues ????

thanks in advance
    02-16-13 02:04 AM
    Well it might not be working correctly but it is definitely not a dumb phone. I'm not sure why your wifi won't connect. If other devices are connecting to all the networks your Z10 won't either see or connect to it is either a setting in the phone, which I can't think of what it would be, I'm sorry. Or your device is defective and I'd recommend returning it for a new one.
    What errors do you get when you try to connect to a wifi network? Does your network see your device?

You contacts I'm confused about? are you saying that you don't like how when you close your address book on say "Joe Smith" that when you open it again it opens at "Joe Smith" You would prefer it to open at the top on the address book? I don't see an option to change that. I think thats just how it was designed. Again, I may be missing what you're asking here about the address book.
    02-16-13 02:15 AM
    I have not had any issues what so ever. In fact I am amazed at the speed, smoothness and stability of the z10.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-16-13 02:23 AM
    With that kind of attitude - why don't you just return it and get an iPhone or an Android and don't waste our time
    bert106 and sheeraz_aa like this.
    02-16-13 02:24 AM
    Sounds like operator error

Seriously though. I also bought mine in Dubai but the only problem I have is data connection drops. Everything else works fine

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 03:07 AM