A friend came round with an HTC Sensation XL that would boot up and then do next to nothing. I managed to back up and wipe it but, oh my days, it's so painful and slow to use.

I showed her my Z10 and said the age of the phone is similar and this is how it should be running. I even told her I wasn't trying to sell her a BlackBerry but "this is how I would expect your phone to react.". I then opened Facebook, switched to camera, did a video, turned on the light, took some stills while still filming, showed her time shift, panorama, The Hub, and then how seamless switching between apps were. I launched a few android and explained that there was a little delay as it was running an emulator for Android and then she wet herself as my phone running android apps was about 6 times quicker.

We looked on CEX and she can trade her phone in and throw in �30 to it to get a decent second hand Z10.

Guess what's she's doing tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot likes this.
    01-17-15 01:06 PM
    Sweet, glad you helped your friend, then showed her what a BlackBerry Z10 can do...
    Most people I know will over look the BlackBerry line up, but if they had a friend similar to you, one that show the difference between the two. Then at least your friend can make an informed decision.

Yay, we have another BlackBerry member soon!

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    01-17-15 01:14 PM
    ...as my phone running android apps was about 6 times quicker.
    Not true. BlackBerry Z10 runs Android apps no better than original 2010 Galaxy S running JellyBean. This HTC phone had some issues. For comparison, HTC Desire 601 (very similar to Z10 hardware) runs Android apps 2x-3x faster compared to Z10 and without any compatibility issues, of course. To be a fan is a good thing, but to be realistic is much better.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:12 PM
    Regardless VBD, her phone is not well. I'm not joking when I say the speed difference. There was definitely something wrong with it, even after the factory reset.

I was showing her for comparison how I'd expect hers to be running, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:18 PM
    I'm not joking when I say the speed difference.
    Me neither. Recently I was playing with my years old Galaxy S with 1GHz single-core CPU and only 512MB RAM and it was running Android apps actually better than my 1.5GHz dual-core CPU and 2GB RAM BlackBerry Z10. This very same HTC from 2011 can be upgraded to KitKat and will easily beat Z10's Android emulation. You just don't know how to do it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:04 PM
    I know how to flash Android phones, thanks. I was even tempted to use the Cyanogen mod but it wasn't my phone and she's used to it the way it is with all the HTC software. I left it as it was, just factory reset and own software updates.

This wasn't supposed to be a mine-is-bigger than yours thread. Gees, chill.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:54 AM