Okay so as someone working for one of the big 3 here in Toronto, I have some strange news and observations.

When the Z10 released on Feb 5th, the preorders of the phone that we received was around 10-12 devices (one of them was mine)

As of today, the HTC One has been released and so far the preorders we have received totals 4.

As well inquires about the Z10 on launch day was crazy. Calls coming in asking if we had it available. On release day, I would say we received at least 20+ phone calls.

So far as of today, I have had 3 calls inquiring about the HTC One.

Makes you wonder and go hmmmmm sometimes.

What do you guys think?
    04-19-13 11:52 AM
    HTC One released today-img-20130419-wa002.jpg

Indoor without flash.
    Sent to me from a HTC one.

Thank you and Welcome
    04-19-13 11:59 AM
    Canada, of course, is more favorable towards BlackBerry. I'm more interested to see the reaction to the HTC One in the US.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:00 PM
    See thats the thing though. I would assume its a Canada thing as well.

But seeing the Reserve List within the next few weeks...

the Q10 and the S4 reservations far outweight the HTC One
    04-19-13 12:08 PM
    The general public doesn't want a HTC phone, they want Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy name is getting as big as the iPhone in the mobile world.
    00stryder likes this.
    04-19-13 12:09 PM
    Checked out user feedback for the phone on T-Mo and looks like it's already got lots of issues. Mainly network connection. I am very bored with Android. And, it's a real crowded market.
    Spawn12 and ..Steve.. like this.
    04-19-13 12:15 PM
    I hate to say this, but the average buyer might have linked the "HTC" brand as having Facebook Home pre-installed and are avoiding it?

Also, the average buyer might not take the time to read about the "Ultra Pixel" technology (which is an old technology that HTC re branded BTW) and just saw the 4 mega pixel spec on the camera.

And last, maybe people remember HTC as the company that made the Nexus One phone that didn't do too well as the first Google phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:22 PM
    I think it will do well enough. They unified the brand, and the hardware is nice. I think HTC should have ditched the locked bootloader, and thinned out Sense, or at least made it optional.

I still think the phone will do well. Already rooted, which means it will be somewhat popular in the development community.
    04-19-13 12:32 PM
    i actually like the durability of the HTC branded phones, just goes to show...
    different strokes for different folks
    04-19-13 12:41 PM
    There is a lot of Asian influence in the interface of HTC and Samsung Android phones. Not a fan of gimmicks.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-19-13 12:49 PM
    I really like the HTC hardware. Always thought they would look great running webos (back when there was still hope). The One is a heck of a phone. Very sharp!

Posted from my Z10.
    04-19-13 01:18 PM
    Maybe what the HTC need is Apple to sue them.

Apple sued Samsung and now the average consumer thinks Samsung must have the most awesome hardware to go head to head with Apple.

Seriously, I think Samsung really benefited from the legal battle oddly enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:26 PM
    Checked out user feedback for the phone on T-Mo and looks like it's already got lots of issues. Mainly network connection. I am very bored with Android. And, it's a real crowded market.
    You aren't looking at the right phone. The One hasn't even launched on T-mobile yet.
    04-19-13 01:52 PM
    You aren't looking at the right phone. The One hasn't even launched on T-mobile yet.
    Now that's funny.
    04-19-13 01:54 PM
    Probably looking at the One S, which was released a year ago on T-Mobile.

04-19-13 01:55 PM
    Canada, of course, is more favorable towards BlackBerry. I'm more interested to see the reaction to the HTC One in the US.

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-19-13 02:13 PM
    I bought my HTC ONE at Best Buy this morning, they had 19 Preorders(14 At&t and 5 Sprint). This is in San Diego.

Mobile guy said this phone has received the most preorders of any phone this year so far.
    04-19-13 02:54 PM
    I bought my HTC ONE at Best Buy this morning, they had 19 Preorders(14 At&t and 5 Sprint). This is in San Diego.

Mobile guy said this phone has received the most preorders of any phone this year so far.
    I really have to know how this is so much more magical than the HTC One S that has been out for a year.

04-19-13 04:10 PM
    I really have to know how this is so much more magical than the HTC One S that has been out for a year.

Better hardware, I think. For regular folks already on JB devices, it may not be too tempting.

For those coming off 2/3 yr contracts, it might be pretty enticing.
    04-19-13 04:44 PM
    People look at paper specs and the hype generated online and assume its the next best thing since sliced bread. I work at Best Buy and we only had 2 preorders at my store. Yes it has a speedy quad core. But you're on a phone. You aren't running World of Warcraft on ultra graphics settings with three tabs of pr0n open in the background. (You're right. It's 4 tabs.)

Having played with the phone personally and having used all major phone OS's, I'm currently not impressed. It really is just another android device that looks mildly sleek because of the aluminum body. Which most people will just cover with a case anyway. And Blinkfeed just feels gimmicky in use. As always though, to each their own.

FYI I had a customer come in today asking about the S4. I mentioned the One and he came back with "Who are HTC?" He'd never even heard of them, left saying he was still waiting for the S4.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    04-19-13 06:18 PM

Better specs, better screen and new Sense (if you care for it).

Great design as well.
    04-19-13 06:23 PM
    One thing that I don't understand is why the f didn't they update Sense to look better? My god, that thing is like looking at Windows 95
    04-19-13 06:31 PM
    People look at paper specs and the hype generated online and assume its the next best thing since sliced bread. I work at Best Buy and we only had 2 preorders at my store. Yes it has a speedy quad core. But you're on a phone. You aren't running World of Warcraft on ultra graphics settings with three tabs of pr0n open in the background. (You're right. It's 4 tabs.)

Having played with the phone personally and having used all major phone OS's, I'm currently not impressed. It really is just another android device that looks mildly sleek because of the aluminum body. Which most people will just cover with a case anyway. And Blinkfeed just feels gimmicky in use. As always though, to each their own.

FYI I had a customer come in today asking about the S4. I mentioned the One and he came back with "Who are HTC?" He'd never even heard of them, left saying he was still waiting for the S4.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    I cannot imagine an android consumer purchasing an S4 after seeing the One.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:50 PM
    Motorola X is supposed to be pretty bad@ss... whenever it comes out
    04-19-13 07:08 PM
    I cannot imagine an android consumer purchasing an S4 after seeing the One.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of them flock to the name, not the specs. Samsung and Galaxy is safety, just like buying a Honda or Toyota.

04-19-13 07:16 PM
29 12