You people know nothing about me nor HIPAA. What a joke. You don't know what I did or didn't do. Get over yourself.
    Your are right as an IT Director and the HIPAA Security Compliance Officer I have no idea. Glad I foolded my company into thinking I knew anything.

The only joke here is you my friend.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:39 PM
    My point is Android's strength, it's openness, is also a weakness. BlackBerry can't be beat for security. You attack dogs (not you specifically, don't know what you've said) wouldn't even give that to the OP. BYOD is for suckers.

And 'Balance' (and the 'Hub', etc) is truly OS level improvements that can't be hacked on as an afterthought. I can't remember if the OP brought those up, but I did. Of course, I'm stupid for thinking it can't be done as patch code and end up just as seamless.

I'm really trying to understand your point, Winter. So you hold that Android is bad because you could use one to beat your company's security?
    05-02-13 01:44 PM
    Lol. Then, you should probably do some work instead of sitting on Crackberry. You attack me but don't care what's available on Android? Shoot the messenger.

Your are right as an IT Director and the HIPAA Security Compliance Officer I have no idea. Glad I foolded my company into thinking I knew anything.

The only joke here is you my friend.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:45 PM
    Lol. Then, you should probably do some work instead of sitting on Crackberry.
    Shouldn't we all be?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-02-13 01:47 PM
    This thread...

05-02-13 01:48 PM
    My point is Android's strength, it's openness, is also a weakness. BlackBerry can't be beat for security. You attack dogs (not you specifically, don't know what you've said) wouldn't even give that to the OP. BYOD is for suckers.

And 'Balance' (and the 'Hub', etc) is truly OS level improvements that can't be hacked on as an afterthought. I can't remember if the OP brought those up, but I did. Of course, I'm stupid for thinking it can't be done as patch code and end up just as seamless.
    I don't think anyone will argue BB's reputation with regards to security. That is given.

I don't see how you're example underlines that specific point (except to probably show your effort is not protected).

I can respect your overall issue with BYOD, too. It's an interesting issue. For the security conscious enterprise, BES seems to be the option to beat.

Unfortunately, BBRY is attracting challengers to its Enterprise throne, but this time, it seems to be reacting well to the inevitability of choice... like working to manage other devices for a fee. Smart, if you ask me, instead of just assuming corporations will pick BB10 all the time.
    05-02-13 01:52 PM
    The HTC One is just another Copy Box

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:56 PM
    You seem to cherry pick who you want to single out

Posted via CB10
    Lol, the 'girl' comment was at me, because he used another, more condescending term towards women, got called on it, and then tried to backpedal what he really said by claiming he said 'girl'. It was something like ending a sentence with 'honey' which given the tone of the post was pretty inflammatory. Then he tried to play the martyr when his post was there for all to see that he was denying using the word he used.

So he is **** hurt and his agenda is showing. Just same ol same ol...

EDIT

Found the thread, a poster made a comment to me that ended in calling me "woman", as in the style of "you hush up, woman" and not as a joke, and I called them on the fact that most women don't like to be called that in that way. AGP apparently can't let it go, ironic since he involved himself in it in the first place and seemingly has taken it more personally than I.

Back to the thread, such as it is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-02-13 at 02:19 PM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-02-13 01:59 PM
    Someone swing me when you're done.....

......cause this one is a wrap.
    05-02-13 02:06 PM
    Of course, I'm stupid for thinking it can't be done as patch code and end up just as seamless.
    Yes you are. But not for that reason. But you said it. So I'll agree

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:08 PM
    Yeah but my question was in reference to the post I quoted.
    dude i was being totally sarcastic and making fun of bb users who think that any feature that's not on their phone is a gimmick or irrelevant
    05-02-13 02:12 PM
    I don't know how some actually get out of bed in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    One leg after another.
    But explain Knox to me

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:15 PM
    Shouldn't we all be?

Posted via CB10
    Not me! 2 weeks holidays in preparation for my sisters wedding. Neener neener.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-02-13 02:20 PM
    Lol, the 'girl' comment was at me, because he used another, more condescending term towards women, got called on it, and then tried to backpedal what he really said by claiming he said 'girl'. It was something like ending a sentence with 'honey' which given the tone of the post was pretty inflammatory. Then he tried to play the martyr when his post was there for all to see that he was denying using the word he used.

So he is **** hurt and his agenda is showing. Just same ol same ol...

EDIT

Found the thread, a poster made a comment to me that ended in calling me "woman", as in the style of "you hush up, woman" and not as a joke, and I called them on the fact that most women don't like to be called that in that way. AGP apparently can't let it go, ironic since he involved himself in it in the first place and seemingly has taken it more personally than I.

Back to the thread, such as it is.

Posted via CB10
    It is too amusing for me not to bring it up in passing here and there, lady.
    And you are very predictable when I do so

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:38 PM
    One leg after another.
    But explain Knox to me

Posted via CB10
    I known that the Pentagon just approved it for their use. But they probably don't really need a secure phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:44 PM
    05-02-13 02:44 PM
    Trust me, I had the Z10 for close to 60 days... before that I had the Nexus 4... now I have the HTC One. The Z10 is a great phone, for a new OS, but it is not even in the same league as the HTC One. I do not know if I should kiss the HTC CEO for pricing this phone so well (32gb $599 off contract) or if I should kick BBRY CEO in the Groin for thinking he could price the Z10 close the same (16gb $549).
    Yes, except for the fact that I can have an 80GB Z10 by adding a 64GB micro SD card for $50 extra
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-02-13 02:45 PM
    Oh ya...and Knox was built by ex rimmers too

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:45 PM
    Yes, except for the fact that I can have an 80GB Z10 by adding a 64GB micro SD card for $50 extra
    Big deal. It's only for music and photos . . Try addition moving apps there so we have room on board the z10 for a few games.... Good luck

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:47 PM
    dude i was being totally sarcastic and making fun of bb users who think that any feature that's not on their phone is a gimmick or irrelevant
    Lol I detected that! It was actually directed at Zten.
    05-02-13 02:57 PM
    I'm going to bow out of this thread.

1) I'm not an 'evil' person. I've helped/saved 1000s of lives of the last couple years. That > whatever your views are on my phone life.

2) If you have web access email and you require phone security to access it, your institution is not safe with Android. 100% real, don't shoot the messenger, thousands are doing it, many of them probably work for you. Scary that I have to inform 'IT' directors of this. iPhone and BlackBerry will not allow the rules to be sidestepped.

3) Attacking people personally has made this forum intolerable. I posed some serious questions, the responses were personal attacks on how bad of a person I am. Really? That's your answer about phone security? I'm a terrible person? I probably saved your gram's life without giving up her personal information...that nobody wants....which brings me to point #4

4) HIPAA has become a joke. Original intentions were meaningful and important. But, like all things government, it's taken on a life of its own. In the interest of self preservation, it continues to make more rules that offer no benefit to my patients and, in fact, interfere with their care. I didn't get a programming job in the 80s because someone accessed my medical records and found out I had cancer. That's what HIPAA is for. It's transformed into a beast of bureaucratic nit-picking.

I don't know what I expected from a site called 'Crackberry', but it sure wasn't the constant belittling and berating of anyone who has anything good to say about BlackBerry. Every other site on the internet bashes BlackBerry, some of you should go there and pat each other on the back for being so clever. Some of you need to get a life. Seriously.
    John Pawling and niss63 like this.
    05-02-13 02:59 PM
    05-02-13 03:03 PM
    I'm going to bow out of this thread.

1) I'm not an 'evil' person. I've helped/saved 1000s of lives of the last couple years. That > whatever your views are on my phone life.

2) If you have web access email and you require phone security to access it, your institution is not safe with Android. 100% real, don't shoot the messenger, thousands are doing it, many of them probably work for you. Scary that I have to inform 'IT' directors of this.

Inform the IT director at the Pentagon. They just approved Knox for use. But I'm pretty sure they aren't ones to care about security.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:10 PM
    Why post spam?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:10 PM
    Over your head

Posted via CB10
    No seriously its an argument that just goes in a great big loop...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:11 PM
428 ... 1011121314 ...