Talk about an overly passionate poster. This thread is full of "overly passionate" posts from all members. You guys (and girls, if I'm allowed to say so, you know who) need to chill. The discussions on these forums remind me of kids on a playground. Some senior members are no better at discussion either, though they think they are better at it. I really have so much to say but I just don't care enough to put the time into finishing this post. Maybe everyone should care less too. The passion makes many people come across as immature in discussion. Now I just have to wait for the overly passionate replies I won't bother to reply to.. hopefully by saying that, you just won't reply.

Makes me wonder why mods don't have better control over these kinds of threads. This is clearly a thread that provokes discussion that is condoned by Crackberry, which means these discussions are exactly what to expect from these forums. Bunch of little kids (seemingly) having their way when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Then of course, the mods crack down, in true "Crackberry Fashion", on the little details and slap posters on the wrist instead of getting to the root of the problem, which are threads like these, contributed to by posters on CB. Oh wait, I think I get it now.. these threads must be allowed to exist, or else these forums wouldn't have any more posters. Sounds like bad business for CB. This is my "Site feedback". Don't slap insignificant little me on the wrist now, just because it may have been in the wrong forum. If you really care about the site, you should take feedback from wherever it comes from.

Posted via CB10
    You seem to cherry pick who you want to single out

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:26 AM
    Yes yes, because the "Senior Members" said so, therefore I shall believe it blatantly. I don't know who's right and who's wrong, but I do know that it's interesting no one did reply until he challenged them too. I thought these senior members try to "right" every poster with facts? I guess it's just propagandic behavior..

Posted via CB10
    No because that post you quoted has obviously not checked their facts.
    Why post responses that are childish and puerile?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:29 AM
    Unlike most on here, I have owned both and I can tell you with 100% authority, that it's not even close between the two. The One is faster, better built, better screen, better speakers, every bit as smooth, quicker to load apps, better camera (debatable), battery lasts longer, much much more customization if that's what you want, and the list goes on. The "android is a mess" argument is bs, but bs that the uninformed like to regurgitate.

But BB does have the Hub...lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    psshhtt, those "features" are all gimmicks i say, gimmicks! all a real phone needs is timeshift, the hub and "real multitasking"
    05-02-13 11:31 AM
    But is it everything samsung isn't?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-02-13 11:34 AM
    Nice thread OP.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-02-13 11:36 AM
    As nice as the One is, is it a better buy than the GSIV? I'm curious now because I was going to give the SIV as a gift but I'm not so sure anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:44 AM
    As nice as the One is, is it a better buy than the GSIV? I'm curious now because I was going to give the SIV as a gift but I'm not so sure anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I would say it is better

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-02-13 11:46 AM
    Yes yes, because the "Senior Members" said so, therefore I shall believe it blatantly. I don't know who's right and who's wrong, but I do know that it's interesting no one did reply until he challenged them too. I thought these senior members try to "right" every poster with facts? I guess it's just propagandic behavior..

Posted via CB10
    No love it's judiciously determining what is worth the fight. For me, getting into a fight with someone who uses terms like "Fandroid" and who boasts about hacking into a hospital's network in defiance of IT policies is not worth the fight.

Neither are "Gotcha" posters.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Without having doesn't extensive time with either, I'd say the HTC had better build quality, but the SIV had expandable memory and removable batteries. Sense versus Touchwiz.

I expect the SIV to have more accessories faster.
    05-02-13 11:50 AM
    I have the Z10, and I like it, but I would like it more if it was as user friendly as the iPhone, S3, and the HTC phones, in some respects.

It is really embarrassing sometimes.

An example of this was yesterday when I needed some information off of one of the cars we're repairing. This information is on a metal tag on the transmission. The tech working on the car took a picture of the tag and sent it to my printer next to my desk over the Wifi network. It was easier than writing it down and chasing me down to give me the information.

I was impressed and asked to show me how he located the printer on his phone. It was simple and intuitive, requiring almost no tech savvy.

Then I tried it with my Z10. A day later, now knowing more than I ever wanted to know about printers and ipp, I still can't print a document from my Z10 while connected to my network.

Maybe the phone can do it and I'm too dumb to figure it out, but it sure isn't as intuitive as the HTC One S that my employee uses, is.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:53 AM
    What? The post you quoted was actually the one in error.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how some actually get out of bed in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-02-13 11:59 AM
    I don't know how some actually get out of bed in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    they must have multiple alarms.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:07 PM
    Hold your tongue? Haha. Whatever. I had the most inflammatory post out of all this drivel? I know no post HAS to be responded to, but my two points were both facts and that is why the Android fans (of which, I am one) avoided the post. Good luck with Knox. (Read my original post about how 'Balance' and such is NOT duplicatable in Linux as an afterthought.)

First, it is not imperative that anyone answer anything.
    Secondly, as an IT professional and a manager of the BES admins at work, what you did is so disruptive to the infrastructure of the company that I have to bite my tongue to not give my exact opinion on it.
    Third, a hospital would be on BES if it values security, as it is the most robust solution for corporations. If it isn't it deserves what it got. So as an IT professional I am more shocked by the lack of foresight of a hospital than by your hacking the hospital's infrastructure.
    Fourth, heard of Knox? I am interested in seeing it.
    There.....that is my take on your post. Really can't go farther with it. And I mean, I really can't. There is a point where on a forum you have to hold your tongue. This is that point for me.
    05-02-13 12:25 PM
    You people know nothing about me nor HIPAA. What a joke. You don't know what I did or didn't do. Get over yourself.

Good for you, you violated likely HIPAA so you could not be in-convinced about putting in your password to unlock you phone so the data on it was secure if you lost it. Way to brag about being an awesome employee and circumventing the security measures put in place.

Also, why do you care about anything being secure? You don't seem to respect your companies security polices so why are you so concerned about how secure android of BB is?
    05-02-13 12:29 PM
    psshhtt, those "features" are all gimmicks i say, gimmicks! all a real phone needs is timeshift, the hub and "real multitasking"
    The Htc One has a time-shift like feature that takes a 3 second video plus 20 burst-shots. You can then rewind and take the best picture you want. You can also have the best picture selected automatically if you want. Furthermore, you can also remove unwanted objects in the frame.

So real phone or nah?
    05-02-13 12:31 PM
    The Htc One has a time-shift like feature that takes a 3 second video plus 20 burst-shots. You can then rewind and take the best picture you want. You can also have the best picture selected automatically if you want. Furthermore, you can also remove unwanted objects in the frame.

So real phone or nah?
    Where or not it's a real phone isn't the question, whether it's better than my z10 like HTC claims is the question.

I have to say no, but that's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:44 PM
    Yeah but my question was in reference to the post I quoted.
    05-02-13 12:53 PM

So real phone or nah?
    How could it be a real phone? It doesn't have .... (thinking...thinking...thinking)... the Hub! That's it! Without a Hub...nope, not a real phone.

It's not a feature unless BBRY has it. Up until then it is a gimmick. But once BBRY has it, then anything else that doesn't have it is just a toy.

Whew! That was a close one.

shief24 and JR0898 like this.
    05-02-13 12:54 PM
    I don't own the z10 (yet), but as an owner of the HTC 8x, I can't say anything good about HTC support as it is non-existent. Coming to the HTC 8x from the iphone was like night and day. With a problem on the iphone, call Apple at 800-My-Apple and have no waits and get immediate help, or, go to the apple store and 9 times out of 10 get an immediate replacement. Now that was service! How is Blackberry's support, or would I be forced to deal with the carrier?
    05-02-13 12:56 PM
    I don't own the z10 (yet), but as an owner of the HTC 8x, I can't say anything good about HTC support as it is non-existent. Coming to the HTC 8x from the iphone was like night and day. With a problem on the iphone, call Apple at 800-My-Apple and have no waits and get immediate help, or, go to the apple store and 9 times out of 10 get an immediate replacement. Now that was service! How is Blackberry's support, or would I be forced to deal with the carrier?
    No one can match apple supprt, blackberry forces you to deal with the carrier. I'm sure you know what that is like.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:13 PM
    No one can match apple supprt, blackberry forces you to deal with the carrier. I'm sure you know what that is like.

Posted via CB10
    I have found, though, that if I get my phone through Best Buy and pony up and buy their insurance, they give me a replacement quickly and with no deductible, unlike the $100 or so deductible with the carrier. My kid has dropped her iphone four times and broken the glass and has gotten replacements with $0 deductible and no hassles at all. The carrier insurance limits it to 2x max and with the $100 deductible. If I get the z10, or any other phone, it will probably be through Best Buy.
    05-02-13 01:23 PM
    I have found, though, that if I get my phone through Best Buy and pony up and buy their insurance, they give me a replacement quickly and with no deductible, unlike the $100 or so deductible with the carrier. My kid has dropped her iphone four times and broken the glass and has gotten replacements with $0 deductible and no hassles at all. The carrier insurance limits it to 2x max and with the $100 deductible. If I get the z10, or any other phone, it will probably be through Best Buy.
    That's interesting glad it worked out for you. That might be your best bet but I'm not very informed when it comes to warranties I just know I had issues with carrier replacements.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:25 PM
    Not even senior members choose to acknowledge something when they know they'll lose.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, they replied. With personal attacks against me.

Mind you, no mention of Android apps designed to beat their security. We have heads of IT departments on here who find the time to post continuously all day, but are unaware what is going on with Android at the street level. Don't shoot the messenger ....and shelf that fake indignation.... and tell me how BYOD is secure again?
    05-02-13 01:33 PM
    Yea.. they are advertising that their phone is everything our phone isn't. I don't think they realize that that's a good thing.

My z10 isn't loaded with Android bloat ware.
    My z10 isn't full of apps that are trying to send my credit card, identity and phone information to developers.
    My z10 isn't loaded with a bogged down default keyboard where I'm forced to buy swift key which requests full permission to track everything I type.
    My z10 isn't in constant need of anti virus software from the Google play store in order to keep me secure and in order to keep it running in good condition.
    My z10 isn't being used as a tool to spy on me through location services *cough Google cough*
    My z10 isn't constantly trying to figure out how to steal my personal information. Like hijacking all my photos through some Google apps named Picasa.
    My z10 isn't another choppy android phone loaded with an edible software that constantly tries to trick you into somehow giving it permission to steal everything on it.

I should add, after seeing several angry posts claiming I'm misinformed. This is my opinion based on extensively using Android from gingerbread to 4.1.2.

I'm not a misinformed fan boy, I just don't agree with HTC that it is everything my phone isn't. And I hope no one gets offended with me outlining several reason why my z10 is an amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I agree with you on one thing....... it's Not a BlackBerry. Regardless, it's an awesome smartphone. LOL,(shrugs and face to palm moment)I use "all" platforms. So, whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my z10 (~_�)
    05-02-13 01:34 PM
    Oh, they replied. With personal attacks against me.

Mind you, no mention of Android apps designed to beat their security. We have heads of IT departments on here who find the time to post continuously all day, but are unaware what is going on with Android at the street level. Don't shoot the messenger ....and shelf that fake indignation.... and tell me how BYOD is secure again?
    I'm really trying to understand your point, Winter. So you hold that Android is bad because you could use one to beat your company's security?
    05-02-13 01:36 PM
428 ... 910111213 ...