I'd say the BB10 Browser is the benchmark for all others to beat.
    04-19-13 09:33 AM
    Quicker then android 4.2.2 on HTC and Samsung. BB 10 is the best of both

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:38 AM
    I have one major issue with the browser.. when I watch something on you tube, and make it full screen. I can't minimise, or do anything on the video except play or pause. I can't even get out of the tab and have to close the whole browser!

Anyone else have this issue? Solutions that I may be missing?

Try it..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:00 AM
    Dr James.. did you try swiping down from the top? Should exit full screen video..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:16 AM
    Ridiculously fast when on LTE or say 4G, so fast.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:18 AM
    I'm confused about the missing double-tap complaints -- I have it on my browser. Depending on the site, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But whenever I'm on a full-view version of a site with tiny text, more often than not I can double-tap it to fill the screen. It isn't exactly the same as it was on BB7, but it's at least there. Where it usually doesn't work is on mobile sites.
    Actually, the desired feature is reflow, not just autofit. In the BBOS browser, you could choose a default font size. Since my eyes are getting old (not the rest of me, fortunately), I would set that to 10 or 11 pts. Double tapping on a text field would (a) zoom until that field fit the screen, and (b) increase the text to the set size and reflow it to fit the screen. The BB10 browser, when double tapped, only does (a), which typically results in only a small enlargement of the text size. So to read comfortably, you have to pinch zoom and then scroll back and forth because the text doesn't reflow to stay within the screen margins. In BBOS we didn't have to do this. The stock Android browser also has the zoom-reflow feature, and so do alternate browsers such as Dolphin and Opera Mini.

Reader Mode is meant to compensate for this loss, but it's not as good because it doesn't always work as intended. It doesn't work at all on some sites. To be fair, the zoom-reflow doesn't always work either, but mostly it did. On other sites, such as some forums, Reader Mode will only display one message at a time, but not a whole column of messages. On blogs, Reader Mode will display the main blog entry but not the comments, and so on. This is why I say it feels like a kludge, a somewhat clumsy workaround for a missing feature.

Yes, the BB10 browser is fast loading and smooth. I have no criticisms of its performance in terms of speed and fluidity. But reading forums and blogs on it can be a more tiring experience than it was on my 9900, and that just shouldn't be the case. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that the current Tapatalk app for BB10 isn't the best, especially in terms of increasing font size.

For example, Chiff and Fipple is a forum that I read regularly. It's not on Tapatalk. Open this page in your Z10 browser: Chiff and Fipple Forums • View topic - Low C / B prototype. Double tap to "zoom" and you'll get a slight zoom effect that stops when the text fills the margins, but it's still tiny. Turn it to landscape and tap again and you'll get a slight improvement, but it's still quite small. Now go into Reader Mode. You can read the lead message, but if you want to read the replies, you're out of luck. I used to read this forum all the time on my 9900 and my Samsung Blaze, and the double tap would blow the text up to a nice comfortable size. I didn't need Tapatalk. Now I seldom read it on the Z10; it's just not comfortable.

I had the same issue with my HTC Radar, running WP 7.5. I don't know if it's improved in WP 8, but it was one of the main reasons why I didn't keep the Radar. I don't know if BlackBerry has any plans to change the way the browser works. I haven't heard a hint of anything, and the PB browser certainly hasn't changed, so I'm not optimistic.

I'm putting up with it, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't bother me, or that it's a minor detail. For me, it's anything but minor.
    04-19-13 10:29 AM
    I have one major issue with the browser.. when I watch something on you tube, and make it full screen. I can't minimise, or do anything on the video except play or pause. I can't even get out of the tab and have to close the whole browser!

Anyone else have this issue? Solutions that I may be missing?

Try it..

Posted via CB10
    swipe down from the top .....
    04-19-13 10:37 AM
    I see what you are saying ubizmo. I actually love reader mode, it works great on the sites I visit but it doesn't handle forums well. Hopefully reader mode will be upgraded to handle forums better. Until then a double tap in landscape works well for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:38 AM
    Awesome tip Morpheus_z. Thanks. Still a little limited in that in 'full screen' mode.. still can't use any of the player's functions such as rewinding or fast forwarding. But the tip helps. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:03 AM
    Awesome tip Morpheus_z. Thanks. Still a little limited in that in 'full screen' mode.. still can't use any of the player's functions such as rewinding or fast forwarding. But the tip helps. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm not sure why u need a ff or rw button when you can just scroll it to do it. Tap once on the screen the scroll with pause/play button will come up.

How's the browser?-img_00000353.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-19-13 12:58 PM
    Great!
    How's the browser?-img_00000074-1-.png

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    Attached Thumbnails How's the browser?-img_00000075.png  
    04-19-13 01:34 PM
    Same here. I had left BB for the iphone mainly due to the browsing experience. I don't think you'll be at all disappointed with the BB browser today. It beats the iphone native browser easily in speed and lack of drops. In fact, not 1 dropped connection since I purchased the Z10 back in February. I use the browser for long periods of time during the day. Only things I would like to see added would be desktop style tabs to the browser and data compression. But heck, even with the iphone I had downloaded 5-6 different 3rd party apps (browsers) to be satisfied. I am only using the native BB so far and am more than pleased. May look at downloading "web splitter" soon to see how it goes. At the very least, go try it out and see for yourself. The BB is worth going back to.
    04-19-13 01:36 PM
    You can have multiple tabs on the browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:49 PM
    It's the only mobile browser that won't run the vimeo mobile site. And the desktop site is unusable because you can't resize the screen.

How's the browser?-img_00000051.png
    How's the browser?-img_00000047.png
    How's the browser?-img_00000041.png

What size do you want that you can't get? Full screen and full page both worked great for me. I'm not even on wifi... I have a decent 4G connection.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:17 PM
    Hmm not sure why u need a ff or rw button when you can just scroll it to do it. Tap once on the screen the scroll with pause/play button will come up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000353.png 
Views:	376 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	152839

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    The reason it affects me is a lot of the YouTube videos I'm linked to opens up the desktop youtibe.com which has no 'tap and scroll' feature. Try it. Open up the browser and go to youtibe.com and try what you're saying.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:06 PM
    Hello from the desktop site.

How's the browser?-img_00000344.png

And that's Daft Punk.
    04-19-13 06:19 PM
    Seems to me that the browser works just fine but it is more of a desktop browser because you can't tap phone number or addresses to dial or open in maps.

Posted via CB10
    If the designer of the website wrote it properly, taps on a phone number will work. BB10 browser is coded right, the websites aren't.
    04-19-13 06:51 PM
    Hello from the desktop site.

Name:	IMG_00000344.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	152926

And that's Daft Punk.
    Yep.. now tap 'full screen' then try to do anything but play or pause.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:55 PM
    Yep.. now tap 'full screen' then try to do anything but play or pause.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you are blind

How's the browser?-img_00000347.png
    04-20-13 06:09 AM
    Lol you are blind

Name:	IMG_00000347.png 
Views:	365 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	153074
    Really? I can clearly see the Youtube player/ browser's buttons, but if you read my post again, then you will see that I'm saying I can't use ANY of the player 's buttons except play/pause.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:08 PM
    The issue with vimeo and various other flash based players seems to be problematic only in some layouts or situations, and u haven't dug into it to determine what makes it break.. but for example many news media sites have video that won't play. Yes, I can go to vimeo.com and play, but this page here has an embedded vimeo video that WON'T play.. try it yourself:

http://www.laurenlapkus.com/videos.html
    04-21-13 02:39 AM
    Works fine

On Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1429

The issue with vimeo and various other flash based players seems to be problematic only in some layouts or situations, and u haven't dug into it to determine what makes it break.. but for example many news media sites have video that won't play. Yes, I can go to vimeo.com and play, but this page here has an embedded vimeo video that WON'T play.. try it yourself:

http://www.laurenlapkus.com/videos.html

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-13 02:43 AM
    Note: I just noticed that when you click that link in the cb 10 app, it does not launch the browser separately... it looks like a browser though! also, it does not play in the wannabe browser.. but as a test copy that link and paste it into the full browser and let me know if it works
    For me, the screen flickers and then the video area turns gray with a broken flash icon in the middle.
    04-21-13 02:44 AM
    I Ss the browser just then.

Note: I just noticed that when you click that link in the cb 10 app, it does not launch the browser separately... it looks like a browser though! also, it does not play in the wannabe browser.. but as a test copy that link and paste it into the full browser and let me know if it works
    For me, the screen flickers and then the video area turns gray with a broken flash icon in the middle.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-13 02:48 AM
    OK, my device info is STL100-3 os 10.0.10.85. How do you have newer?

How's the browser?-img_00000013.png
    04-21-13 02:49 AM
81 1234