It's awesome. Love that I can play Pandora in it too. The AT&T rep also said it is the best out there right now and he has an iPhone. Of course we all have our opinions.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-10-13 07:04 PM
    Best browser on a phone currently.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:09 PM
    Beat my iphone 5 on the sites I tested it on. It's so fast that I actually think it's the reason we have all those threads about batteries overheating. The browser is the cause.

Obviously kidding but its said to be one of the fastest if not the fastest on the market.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-10-13 07:22 PM
    It's a very good browser, but it's been overhyped in these parts. It has it's strengths and weaknesses. When I have time I'll go into detail at some point.
    04-10-13 07:22 PM
    I'm going to give the browser a B instead of an A, due to something mentioned earlier in the thread. The browser lacks the ability to zoom on double-tap to a preset font size and reflow text to fill the screen. An iPhone user won't miss this since, as far as I know, the Safari browser doesn't do this either. But the stock Android browser does, as does Dolphin, Opera Mobile, and all other Android browsers I tried. In addition, the legacy BBOS browser handles this just fine, making it more frustrating to me that the Z10 can't do it.

The Z10, like the PlayBook, has "Reader Mode" to compensate for this missing capability. In my opinion, however, Reader Mode doesn't really make up the difference. For one thing, it doesn't work at all on many sites, so on those sites you must pinch-zoom and continuously scroll around to read anything. And even on sites where Reader Mode does work, the results are not always satisfactory. On web forums, for example, you can't see the comments in Reader Mode.

Ironically, Reader Mode doesn't work on the BlackBerry Support Forums site.

In other respects, the browser is as good as everybody says. Most people have emphasized its speed, and I can confirm that it's fast and smooth. But I really miss being able to double-tap on a text area and have it zoom in to the size that I've chosen and fill the screen and be ready to read. Since I do a lot of reading of forums and blogs in the browser, this is a fairly serious shortcoming for me. The WP7 browser on my HTC Radar had the same issue, and was one of reasons why I sold it. As I say, Reader Mode helps, but I don't regard it as a fully satisfactory solution.
    04-10-13 07:55 PM
    ^^ I agree with Ubizmo - this is a frustration of mine also. Reader mode works well (when supported) but it would be ideal to have Reader alongside text reflow. It's something I fully expect to come with an update so I'm prepared to live with it in the meantime.

A bigger issue for me is the fact that the browser pauses / hibernates when minimized. I can understand some of the reasons for doing this but I'd like it to behave more like the PlayBook browser in that it would still run / load when minimized. Enabling this would mean YouTube videos would continue to play when the browser was minimized but more importantly (imo) it would mean the page continues to load when minimized. The BB10 browser can hang occasionally when loading a page (similar to the PlayBook) so being able to switch to another task whilst the browser continues to load (in the background) would be of huge benefit (to me at least).

Other than that the browser in excellent and will only get better with time.
    04-10-13 08:56 PM
    It's the only mobile browser that won't run the vimeo mobile site. And the desktop site is unusable because you can't resize the screen.
    04-10-13 09:00 PM
    ^^ I agree with Ubizmo - this is a frustration of mine also. Reader mode works well (when supported) but it would be ideal to have Reader alongside text reflow. It's something I fully expect to come with an update so I'm prepared to live with it in the meantime.
    I'm skeptical but I hope you're right. I think the presence of Reader Mode implies a design decision not to go with reflow.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:07 PM
    I'm skeptical but I hope you're right. I think the presence of Reader Mode implies a design decision not to go with reflow.

Posted via CB10
    You may well be right about the design decision. However, BlackBerry have shown with BB10 that they're prepared to listen and implement requests / features (as seen with the 30 day email limit, camera shutter sound and app icons etc). I just think it's up to us as users to make enough noise to bring it to their attention. It's up to us to be vocal about the things we like as well as the things we don't like as much - wanting text reflow could be an example of that. It appears to have been omitted due to a design decision but as you mentioned it was present in legacy BBOS devices, so there's no technical reason why it couldn't be implemented in BB10.
    04-10-13 09:43 PM
    Browser is great and quick and I've never had any issues with it.

It's important to note that the speed on the browser comes from a combination of the LTE antenna and the lack of BIS.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-10-13 09:53 PM
    Browser is the best on the market in my opinion. I'm so impressed.

There are a few things that can make it better, such as being able to organise bookmarks, but otherwise it is a fantastic experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:18 PM
    I actually prefer the Z10 browser over here chrome on my laptop. It's faster than any browser I've used. Let's just say that's no longer an issue for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:27 PM
    Only weird thing that has bugged me about the browser is sometimes clicking links on the mobile twitter site registers two clicks and I end up opening the link I'm trying to click twice. Can't make any rhyme or reason to it other than maybe a little sensitive on the touch detection. Anyone else notice this?

Posted from my Z10.
    04-11-13 08:45 PM
    Love the browser.. beats the h**l out of the torch I have at work!

Posted via CB10
    And the bold....actually any previous blackberry if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:48 PM
    The browser on the Z10 is soo good that I think it is better the IE on a desktop! Ok that may not be saying much, but it is almost as good as Chrome on a desktop with an i7 CPU
    04-11-13 08:48 PM
    Stunningly amazing. Browser is hands down the best mobile browser out there. Flash support is much more useful than apple or now Google want you to think

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-11-13 08:50 PM
    Love the superb Flash and HTML5 support! This browser rocks.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:16 PM
    With flash and HTML5 on this browser, makes it the best browser out. It's smooth and fast. No complaints from me.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:51 AM
    Just one and I mean it only this one. In Reader Mode u just get the first post of the forums. Hopefully in the future reader mode would work on forum sites.

Other than this its just stunning.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-19-13 05:01 AM
    Seems to me that the browser works just fine but it is more of a desktop browser because you can't tap phone number or addresses to dial or open in maps.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:26 AM
    Pro's

-fast and smooth......really fast and smooth....no jokes here folks, it works well.
    -Reader mode is a cool feature

Con's
    -Reader mode doesn't always work properly
    -won't allow you to highlight and tap a phone number to call

My overall score, 8/10. Iwould say its as good as any of the best mobile browsers out there, perhaps the best
    04-19-13 07:39 AM
    The browser is nice, but theres room for improvement for sure. I would like to see the following added:

1. Full screen when viewing (drop the address and navigation button until user scrolls)
    2. Double tap to zoom with autofit
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-19-13 07:41 AM
    2. Double tap to zoom with autofit
    This.

I won't miss an opportunity to emphasize this. We had it in BBOS and it's simply better than Reader Mode. The more I use it, the less I like Reader Mode, which feels and acts like a kludge.
    04-19-13 07:52 AM
    I'm confused about the missing double-tap complaints -- I have it on my browser. Depending on the site, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But whenever I'm on a full-view version of a site with tiny text, more often than not I can double-tap it to fill the screen. It isn't exactly the same as it was on BB7, but it's at least there. Where it usually doesn't work is on mobile sites.
    04-19-13 08:02 AM
    It's the only mobile browser that won't run the vimeo mobile site. And the desktop site is unusable because you can't resize the screen.
    I'm on the vimeo mobile site now and it works a charm.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:25 AM
81 1234