Does anyone know how is the Battery Life of the Z10 compared to the Nexus 4?
    I played with the Z10, loved it and want to buy it, but im worried about the battery life since its the one knock people give it. My Nexus 4 doesnt have the best battery life itself, but if the Z10 could last at least as long as the N4, ill be satisfied. I get about 8-12 total hours of battery life with moderate use, with 3-4 hours on screen time (barely make 4 hours usually).

Anyone knows how the Z10 battery compares? thanks.
    08-18-13 01:59 AM
    Just about the same for moderate use 10-12 hours leave my house at 12pm come back at 1am with about 40-55% with heavy use sometimes get 6-8 hours

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 02:02 AM
    I used a nexus 4 for a few weeks and the battery did NOT last nearly as long as my z10....I got through a shift at work (8 hrs) if I was lucky with the nexus. The z10 lasts me from the time I get up (6) until I get to bed (12 or 1) and usually has about 25% left

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:12 AM
    My sister and my dad own Nexus 4's. We have close to the same battery life. I mean we all plug in to charge overnight no matter what so I have no idea who's goes the longest.

From what I've heard. The Z10 will range anywhere from the same to much better battery life depending on how you use it.
    08-18-13 04:08 AM
    The people that complain the loudest about Z10 battery life, are mostly old Bold diehards, who are used to measuring battery life in days, IMHO...

The Z10 gets the kind of battery life you'd expect from a modern Android device. 3-5 hours intensive use, 8-12 hours of moderate use. They use the same components after all, so you'd expect to see similar battery life.

Only iPhones and iPads seem to get significantly longer battery life.
    AfterHoursWelds likes this.
    08-18-13 04:15 AM
    I used a nexus 4 for a few weeks and the battery did NOT last nearly as long as my z10....I got through a shift at work (8 hrs) if I was lucky with the nexus. The z10 lasts me from the time I get up (6) until I get to bed (12 or 1) and usually has about 25% left

Posted via CB10
    How much on screen time would you say you were able to get out of the z10?
    08-18-13 12:13 PM
    Only iPhones seem to get significantly longer battery life.
    L...M...F...A...O

Ya so. Ip5 battery life is awful. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:24 PM
    Just for reference comparison is useless

N4 2100mAH with support for HSPA+

Z10 1800mAH with LTE

Despite just that, there factors to take into consideration so there's no way to compare

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1323
    08-18-13 12:33 PM
    L...M...F...A...O

Ya so. Ip5 battery life is awful. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Spoke to a hard core iPhone fan last night who happens to be a friend as well. He will never give up using his iPhone but even he admitted that battery level is horrible with iPhone 5. And he can't swap batteries. He actually liked the Z10 and had already a closer look but since all his other gadgets are Apple he is locked in.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:37 PM
    I wish I could answer the question better for you but here it is:

I'm running a Z as a primary and N4 as a secondary mostly for games and such. I wish I could compare because I don't have all my battery draining emails syncs on my Nexus. But I'd imagine comparing stock for stock. They're about the same. Expect it to be about the same possibly slightly better or worse.

The great thing about the battery in the Z is that, it's slightly smaller and charges much faster. But I think it manages the battery a little better.

There's a good possibility that the Z could get better time. If you can wait and like the 5' screens, you can always wait for the Z30 which has a bigger battery and 10.2 which people are reported great efficiency and battery times. But that's a gamble, we don't know battery life until it comes out.

Any extra battery in any phone is great, I'm personally thinking of getting a mugen upgraded battery. 6% more battery life for 45$ with no extra door. Since the battery's removable, I might switch it out if I ever convince myself it's worth it, which possibly might never happen. (Or 55 for a super battery but that requires a different door which destroys the amazing tactile feel of the Z)
    Last edited by Chanlion; 08-18-13 at 01:15 PM.
    08-18-13 01:04 PM
    I really can't say how much screen time, but I use cb10, ebay and a few others regularly besides BBM an txt

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:47 AM
    I wish I could answer the question better for you but here it is:

I'm running a Z as a primary and N4 as a secondary mostly for games and such. I wish I could compare because I don't have all my battery draining emails syncs on my Nexus. But I'd imagine comparing stock for stock. They're about the same. Expect it to be about the same possibly slightly better or worse.

The great thing about the battery in the Z is that, it's slightly smaller and charges much faster. But I think it manages the battery a little better.

There's a good possibility that the Z could get better time. If you can wait and like the 5' screens, you can always wait for the Z30 which has a bigger battery and 10.2 which people are reported great efficiency and battery times. But that's a gamble, we don't know battery life until it comes out.

Any extra battery in any phone is great, I'm personally thinking of getting a mugen upgraded battery. 6% more battery life for 45$ with no extra door. Since the battery's removable, I might switch it out if I ever convince myself it's worth it, which possibly might never happen. (Or 55 for a super battery but that requires a different door which destroys the amazing tactile feel of the Z)
    Iv heard the z10 charges farely quickly, that's good cause the Nexus 4 seems to take forever to charge. How long does it exactly take to charge?
    And one of the reasons I'm getting rid of the N4 is the size, its too wide for me yo use comfortably, especially with one hand. The Z10 is the perfect size for me.
    08-20-13 03:35 PM
    My Z10 usually took 2.5 hours to fully charge.
    08-20-13 03:59 PM
    I have both right now and blackberry last longer if you set sync option correct

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:32 PM
    From my experience they are similar, but

Z10 has LTE.
    Z10 has a removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the z10 is a bit better than the nexus, but I have a battery bundle just in case. Had the iphone 4 for a couple of years, and completely forgot the value of removable battery, and the charger/battery bundle is amazing

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:25 PM
    I have a Z10 and my wife has a Nexus 4. I'm a much heavier user than her and my battery lasts longer. Conclusion: Z10 wins out in battery life. However, I will note that my Z10 is on HSPA+ most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:45 PM
    I have a Z10 and my wife has a Nexus 4. I'm a much heavier user than her and my battery lasts longer. Conclusion: Z10 wins out in battery life. However, I will note that my Z10 is on HSPA+ most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    So theres an option to use 3g only? I thought the z10 only had a toggle to switch to 2g if you didn't need 4g speeds...
    08-20-13 10:42 PM
    Finally a thread I can be helpful in. I gave my nexus 4 to my wife when I bought my z10. I'm a very very heavy user. Music, games, reading, constant texting and Facebook checking. With the way I used it I only got about 4 to 6 hours (maybe 8 if I wasn't on it constantly but never a full day) with my nexus 4 and that was with brightness at like 20%. My z10 is at brightness 100%. Wifi on (both home and work) and gestures on and I easily get 12-15 hours super heavy use. If I'm not in it all day I easily get 2 days. Now I've posted this on a bunch of forums but I think the main issue is the battery itself for most people. I think some batteries work well and some don't. I don't actually think it's the phone. So if you do get a bad one just buy a new one and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    sibeans likes this.
    08-21-13 01:58 AM
    So theres an option to use 3g only? I thought the z10 only had a toggle to switch to 2g if you didn't need 4g speeds...
    I can't speak for every model of the Z10 out there, nor for every carrier, but on mine I can set it as follows:

• LTE/4G/3G/2G
    • LTE/4G/3G
    • 4G/3G
    • 4G/3G/2G
    • 2G

Note that HSPA+ is considered 4G/3G, likely due to the carriers' branding of the service before.
    08-21-13 08:37 AM
    Battery is about the same for both I would say. There is no way that some people that only got 6 hours out of the nexus are getting 12-15 hours of "super heavy use" on the Z10 though.
    08-21-13 08:42 AM