While looking for different options to transfer files from Z10 to Samsung S3, I came across this post claiming Z10 has wifi direct. But I cannot find the option. How to enable and use wifi direct in Z10?

If possible, please share a video instruction of working wifi direct.
    04-01-13 07:39 AM
    While looking for different options to transfer files from Z10 to Samsung S3, I came across this post claiming Z10 has wifi direct. But I cannot find the option. How to enable and use wifi direct in Z10?

If possible, please share a video instruction of working wifi direct.
    It's not Wifi direct as an Android uses it. It's Wifi Networking.
    Settings >storage > access using wifi > network identification
    04-01-13 08:01 AM
    It's not Wifi direct as an Android uses it. It's Wifi Networking.
    Settings >storage > access using wifi > network identification
    But it needs an access point or router, right? I am looking for ad hoc mode, device to device, on-the-go file transfer capabilities.

I was searching the list of Wi-fi direct certified devices at the wifi direct site and couldn't find Z10 there. I guess wifi direct is not an option for Z10.
    04-01-13 08:07 AM
    But it needs an access point or router, right? I am looking for ad hoc mode, device to device, on-the-go file transfer capabilities. I guess wifi direct is not an option for Z10.
    I've never tried it Ad Hoc. Have you tried to use Bluetooth Transfer?
    04-01-13 08:14 AM
    That feature isn't even implemented properly on Android. For example, it doesn't work from a Galaxy S3 to a Nexus 4.
    04-01-13 08:15 AM
    I think BlackBerry Link may be required for BlackBerry to PC transfer.
    And for device to device I think it needs to use NFC.I did not see ad hoc option in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:33 AM
    I think BlackBerry Link may be required for BlackBerry to PC transfer.
    And for device to device I think it needs to use NFC.I did not see ad hoc option in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    For PC, you can do it wirelessly. You just have to turn on the setting in the phone's storage options in system settings.
    04-01-13 08:35 AM
    But it needs an access point or router, right? I am looking for ad hoc mode, device to device, on-the-go file transfer capabilities.

I was searching the list of Wi-fi direct certified devices at the wifi direct site and couldn't find Z10 there. I guess wifi direct is not an option for Z10.
    I don't think BlackBerry has ever done Ad Hoc connections out of the box due to security concerns. I did find information on someone accomplishing it by using a PC program called Connectify. Connectify is freeware.
    Last edited by mkelley65; 04-01-13 at 09:01 AM.
    morison20 likes this.
    04-01-13 08:46 AM
    Mine works -- Win7. Just attach your phone to your computer. The phone will then initiate install of Black Berry Link. Some data comes from phone, but it also downloaded updated files etc. After this was done (took a while) I had to restart computer. I attached a shortcut for BB Link to toolbar. It also places two hard drive icons in "my computer", one for the SD card and one for the phone. Now if I click on the icon for Black Berry Link, it opens the program and searches wireless network for my Z10. Once found it syncs. You can also access the device through the HD icons. I did NOT turn on settings > storage etc. Works fine.
    04-01-13 09:42 AM