If like myself you have already tried to update using BBLink and web update only to have no luck and be told no updates are available, and you do not have access to a vodafone sim.
    Then below are instructions to update your STL100-2 Z10 to OS 10.0.10.648
    i know its not the latest update, but this will allow you to install whatsapp
    (tried and tested on two Z10's)

Simply go HERE
    and download the autoloader
    once downloaded run it
    (win8 may prompt you to run the program as it stopped it at first)
    connect Z10 and wait
    you will see pop up screen go once complete and phone will reboot
    all done

Please Note: This will work for STL100-2 ONLY.
    I did also have trouble downloading the file first and had to use a proxy via malaysia to download it.
    This is for people that have already tried to update via BBLink and web update and do not have access to vodafone sim.

People that have already updated their own phones using BBLINK or web update or using sim cards, please do not post comments here stating the obvious in great detail.
    Last edited by Goldentongs; 03-25-13 at 01:23 PM.
    David Fun, artsnick and Novaone like this.
    03-25-13 10:58 AM
    I also did not manage to update my Z10, but os 10.0.10.648 is STL100-1
    03-26-13 08:11 AM
    Why so that and update not to the latest OS version?
    Instead go to the stickies section and see hot to do the Web update.
    The Web update will give you the latest os currently .10.90.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    03-26-13 08:17 AM
    What do you mean do the web update?? explain urself ! went to the sticky and didnt understand how to do it m8.
    03-26-13 01:40 PM
    What do you mean do the web update?? explain urself ! went to the sticky and didnt understand how to do it m8.
    Better not do it.. Cause the freaking thing factory reset my phone and did not update either..
    03-27-13 01:19 AM
    As i've learned with blackberry. try try try and if you fail try try try again... after countless hours of resetting, updating 1 update to another.. teaching a friend how to sideload apps.. i've finally gotten the OS updated from the first version to something 9.0~~ and now i finally got the update after another hour or so to 10.0. something. I AM HAPPY. all this for whatsapp. and all this pain for not waiting 2 months, I'd gladly deal with the pain.
    03-27-13 03:06 AM
    @akavbb, thanks for being the first ignorant person that cannot read, this thread is for people that have ALREADY TRIED THE WEB UPDATE WITH NO SUCCESS !
    03-27-13 03:41 AM
    If you cannot understand the sticky it's ok.
    Please see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...01/index5.html
    go to post #118.
    03-27-13 03:43 AM
    Again, this thread is for people that have attempted the web update with no success !

The web update and reload using BBLink is NOT working for everyone.
    Above are instructions if the web update and BBLink are not giving updates
    you may have been lucky to update your device using web update
    but many others in different locations are stuck with no updates,
    try as they may the result is the same.

If you cannot understand the sticky it's ok.
    Please see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...01/index5.html
    go to post #118.
    03-27-13 03:51 AM
    @akavbb, thanks for being the first ignorant person that cannot read, this thread is for people that have ALREADY TRIED THE WEB UPDATE WITH NO SUCCESS !
    First of all I didn't call you any names. And second, I f you want to update to NOT the latest OS it is your option. Either way enjoy yourself calling other people names.
    Anyhow, it seems that there is no obvious reason why the STL-100-2 is not updating via WEB, unless the phone is SIM-Locked. If so, then I agree with you. Otherwise the WEB update should work.
    03-27-13 03:51 AM
    First of all I didn't call you any names. And second, I f you want to update to NOT the latest OS it is your option. Either way enjoy yourself calling other people names.
    clearly states this thread is for people that have already tried the web update and bbink without success,
    why state the obvious here, when details on how to perform a web update have already been posted many times
    and if it was working for everyone this thread would not be needed.
    whilst reading for this fix i wasted a lot of time reading posts from people stating the obvious which had already been tried

i did not call you names i stated a fact, as it does state in opening post to not post such comments on the thread as it is for people that have already tried what you suggest
    03-27-13 03:55 AM
    I have unlocked STL100-2, i tried everything but the only update i am getting is 10.09.2372 every time via link, via web, the phone is from uk, factory unlocked, 500 pounds price,. now waiting for sim card from UK, just to try, if not probably planning to make complete wipe, but no official OS to reload[.........it is very sad that RIM has very poor customer service, nobody so far gave clear answer about sim free updates....
    From Russia with Love
    03-27-13 03:58 PM
    I have unlocked STL100-2, i tried everything but the only update i am getting is 10.09.2372 every time via link, via web, the phone is from uk, factory unlocked, 500 pounds price,. now waiting for sim card from UK, just to try, if not probably planning to make complete wipe, but no official OS to reload[.........it is very sad that RIM has very poor customer service, nobody so far gave clear answer about sim free updates....
    From Russia with Love
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should make a full backup, then reload OS via BlackBerry Link, then try to update and if successful, then restore. Maybe and hopefully it wil work.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    03-27-13 04:07 PM
    Start blackberry Link
    connect your device
    Back up

Now click reinstall OS
    it will ask you that it would go to factory settings
    Click yes
    NOw you will get an update
    there is an update 10.0.10.90 ( That is what I just received ) after ending trying with blackbery and network providers
    Anyway now my phone is on update 40% done so far. my phone model is STL100-2 ( UK ) factory unlocked
    Try who are stuck, I hope this might work for you too.

Regards
    Raj Talreja
    Last edited by rajtalreja; 03-28-13 at 08:09 PM. Reason: OS version 0 missed at last digit
    03-28-13 08:07 PM
    I waited 3 weeks lol

Start blackberry Link
    connect your device
    Back up

Now click reinstall OS
    it will ask you that it would go to factory settings
    Click yes
    NOw you will get an update
    there is an update 10.0.10.90 ( That is what I just received ) after ending trying with blackbery and network providers
    Anyway now my phone is on update 40% done so far. my phone model is STL100-2 ( UK ) factory unlocked
    Try who are stuck, I hope this might work for you too.

Regards
    Raj Talreja
    03-28-13 08:09 PM
    thx! after muliple ways of trying to figure out how to upgrade my roaming (Taiwan Carrier in SH roaming on China Tel) ive finally updated my z10 STL-2 to 10.0.10.648 (The dl is super slow but work the overnight wait)

Thx again
    03-29-13 01:34 AM
    thanks it works
    03-31-13 05:48 PM
    Thank you men, I'd already tried with the web and BBLink but didn't work. With this method my STL100-2 has updated the software, and now I can use WhatsApp here in Argentina!
    04-08-13 07:36 PM
    good to see some people are finding this thread helpful,
    and can now install apps like whats app

i did also see a link on another thread for 10.0.10.690 update but the file no longer exists
    but it might be out there somewhere
    do some searching and post here if found and tested
    (i not got time at the moment, and will have uk sims soon to update to latest OS)
    04-10-13 11:55 AM
    Thank you for your link. This way is very useful for me. In Myanmar, I couldn't get update via bb link, web or using sim card . But I can't download it completely. Error message has occured after finish downloading 81%. Can I get this file from other link? or is there other way? I already tried to download it 3 times. But it was same result. Thanks.
    04-11-13 05:13 AM
    sorry, i do not have time to upload file somewhere else for you,
    but as stated in post,
    i too had trouble downloading the file with it not completing,
    (i am in Thailand)
    then i used a proxy in Malaysia to download the file and it worked first time.
    try using a webproxy like hidemyass to get the file

Thank you for your link. This way is very useful for me. In Myanmar, I couldn't get update via bb link, web or using sim card . But I can't download it completely. Error message has occured after finish downloading 81%. Can I get this file from other link? or is there other way? I already tried to download it 3 times. But it was same result. Thanks.
    04-15-13 12:31 AM
    This Malaysian link doesnt work. i have an STL 100-2 Model. My cellular network is Vodafone India. No update yet in the phone or Link. Its frustrating just hearing about update news and jams. Whats the point if updates dont reach on time. My friends with STL 100-1 on same network have already got updates. Please give alternate routes for download or atleast give information as to when I will get the update for my phone. The Service provider is clueless about the whole thing.

BB Fan, Loyalist & Non Profit Mktg Exec for BB10
    05-23-13 04:03 AM