Hi Guys,

I had to reload my OS cuz the of many super irratating issues that popped up .

Anyways I cant seem to access the SD anymore ( knew this going in) however was wondering if any of the smart users here know of a way for me to decrypt the sd card on the computer so i can access those files again.

Thanks
    05-02-13 06:02 PM
    Do you know what the de-encryption key is? If not format the card because I doubt your device would know what it used to encrypted it.
    05-02-13 06:08 PM
    This worked for me:
    Encrypte the sd and then decrypte it again and after that plug in the pc and transfer your data in your pc documents format the sd and transfer your data back to your sd. Done, hope it will work for you to!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:12 PM
    If you don't have the key it is pretty much impossible with normal ressources to decrypt the card, BlackBerry is meant for security, so it will not be easy to do, one of the reasons why you should always backup any files you encrypt, and have the encryption in more than one safe place.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:12 PM
    Not possible.

The seed key is in the base operating system storage area and if you wipe the phone (or reload the OS!) without first decrypting the SD card you're hosed as the key is gone.

I believe they're using AES-256 for the actual encryption; if so forget about trying to break it.
    05-02-13 08:28 PM
    I forgot to decrypt before installing the new OS, and I had to format the card. Fortunately, I have the data on 3 other devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:36 PM
    BlackBerry should really make a software to allow us to get the files back the encrypted sd card.

Posted via z10
    05-03-13 01:21 PM
    Then what would be the point of the encryption if there is a work around...

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 and habs_fan like this.
    05-03-13 01:54 PM
    BlackBerry should really make a software to allow us to get the files back the encrypted sd card.

Posted via z10
    Please read up on the concept of security. Backup is the responsibility of the user.

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 and KMB4 like this.
    05-03-13 01:56 PM
    Listen u ppl always first to talk and last to read.

I couldn't back it up cuz the dam phone was in a crash loop the decrypt was always getting interrupted. I had to choice after a week to reload the Os.

The way I see it if he still have the original phone BlackBerry should let you be able to recover from encryption key or at least back it up to cloud with your BlackBerry I'd can unlock it.

We r all not working for the cia or fbi that we need this ******** bs. Some of us are regular folks who use BlackBerry for the functionality

Posted via z10
    05-03-13 04:58 PM

I couldn't back it up cuz the dam phone was in a crash loop the decrypt was always getting interrupted. I had to choice after a week to reload the Os.

The way I see it if he still have the original phone BlackBerry should let you be able to recover from encryption key or at least back it up to cloud with your BlackBerry I'd can unlock it.

We r all not working for the cia or fbi that we need this ******** bs. Some of us are regular folks who use BlackBerry for the functionality

Posted via z10
    When the phone was running before wiping, connect it to a PC and copy data over... for example using mass storage mode.

Security with built in flaws is not security but deception at best as it is useless.
    User error is user error, there is no way around it. If toy delete your encryption keg (by wiping the phone) then that is YOUR fault. I also believe there is a warning in plain English about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:48 AM

Posted via z10
    Your bottom paragraph says it all, since your not working for CIA or FBI then why did you even put encryption on your SD card?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:52 AM

Posted via z10
    Well there is one. It's called "Do not lose your Key!" lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:07 AM
    How the duck would be able to backup the key. There is no option. And yes I tried to back up the SD card before reloading the Os but same **** happened. I encrypted because I wanted to see what happens etc. First time doing it. Very poorly planned. I wouldn't have to encrypt it if my phone had fond awol like all the other BlackBerry .

Posted via z10
    05-04-13 02:49 PM
    It's not the phone its the user.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    05-04-13 03:02 PM