I bought a z10 new from blackberry store a few months ago and would like to remove apps that we already pre installed like facebook twitter etc, which I never use. Is this possible? If not can you wipe the phone like you can. With a playbook and then just reinstall the operating system?
    05-01-14 02:21 PM
    Long press on the app and you will see a small bin at the top right of the app ,hit on it .. confirm delete..done

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 02:46 PM
    Long press on the app that you want to uninstall until a "x" appears in the corner and then tap on the "x" and then confirm the deletion. It should go away. If no "x" appears in the corner after the long press, the app cannot be uninstalled. Facebook, Twitter, and the other social networking apps can be removed in this manner. I too, never use them and removed them from my phone. Frees up a good deal of the phone's internal memory to remove them.
    05-01-14 03:17 PM
    Yes, you can do that, but it's really a temporary fix. If you searched for software updates after that, either through BB Link or OTA, I believe it would tell you that you need to update (even though it would be to the same version) because it looks at your phone to make sure the image matches what it's supposed to have. For all BB knows, you deleted that "standard installed" app by mistake and they want to make sure and put it back on. In any case, the next time you do an real update to a new version of an OS, those apps will be back on your phone.
    05-01-14 03:24 PM
    Thanks. When you delete in the way described thru the phone does this remove the entire program frm phone ? which is what I prefer
    05-01-14 06:06 PM
    Yes, you can do that, but it's really a temporary fix. If you searched for software updates after that, either through BB Link or OTA, I believe it would tell you that you need to update (even though it would be to the same version) because it looks at your phone to make sure the image matches what it's supposed to have. For all BB knows, you deleted that "standard installed" app by mistake and they want to make sure and put it back on. In any case, the next time you do an real update to a new version of an OS, those apps will be back on your phone.
    I have not found this to be true. I routinely delete social networking apps and have never been told that I need a software update when I have the latest, or higher, already installed.
    05-01-14 09:32 PM
    Yes, that deletes the entire app. You can always reinstall at any time through Blackberry World.
    05-01-14 09:33 PM
    I have not found this to be true. I routinely delete social networking apps and have never been told that I need a software update when I have the latest, or higher, already installed.
    In the early days of BB10 You would get pestered to install an update that turned out to be the native apps. At some point in time that was changed I suspect it was one of the later 10.1 builds but I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.2.1.1925
    Mozdony likes this.
    05-01-14 09:35 PM