I can't seem to get rid of space bar autocorrect. What I am wanting to do is totally get rid of any auto correct on the space bar. I find that the flick feature works great for fixing errors and I would like to completely turn off autocorrect.
    But when I toggle the fueatee in the settings, it is still there.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:58 AM
    Settings > language > turn off auto correct with space bar

Sorry if is not exact, I am using spanish settings

If that is not working I do not know any other way
    09-02-13 12:06 PM
    Settings - Language and Input - Prediction and Correction - Set to Off

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-02-13 02:30 PM
    I can't seem to get rid of space bar autocorrect. What I am wanting to do is totally get rid of any auto correct on the space bar. I find that the flick feature works great for fixing errors and I would like to completely turn off autocorrect.
    But when I toggle the fueatee in the settings, it is still there.
    So, you obviously already know about and where the setting for this is...
    I would recommend to try rebooting the phone between the changing/toggling of the settings.

I've noticed that some settings do not immediately take effect and may take a minute or two to "kick in".
    Maybe the OS hasn't had this time to implement your change before it is being attempted to be used.
    A simultaneous press and hold of both volume keys after a system change should set it straight.
    It works for me often... Especially when I make changes in my contact application.

HTH
    09-02-13 03:07 PM
    A simultaneous press and hold of both volume keys after a system change should set it straight.
    It works for me often... Especially when I make changes in my contact application.

HTH
    Wow, a hard reset to get a setting applied? I'd prefer a normal reboot first. Just in case that is not enough you can still do a hard reset then.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:10 PM
    Actually it looks like when I turned it back on I got a lot more words corrected. It looks like only a few words were being changed before, mostly things like abbreviations being filled out. Looks like that is an additional setting.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:19 PM
    Wow, a hard reset to get a setting applied? I'd prefer a normal reboot first. Just in case that is not enough you can still do a hard reset then.
    Yep. As stated previously, a simultaneous press and hold of both volume keys after a system change has helped me often...

Thanks for posting your own personal preferences.
    Blackberry including these various options and personal preference of doing things within the device is a home run.

Enjoy.
    09-02-13 04:29 PM
    Actually it looks like when I turned it back on I got a lot more words corrected. It looks like only a few words were being changed before, mostly things like abbreviations being filled out. Looks like that is an additional setting.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like your problem is not caused by the autocorrection, but by a feature called "Word substitution". You can find it in Settings - Language and input - Prediction and correction - Word substitution. Once you're there, go through the list and delete any unwanted entries

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:50 PM
    Looks like your problem is not caused by the autocorrection, but by a feature called "Word substitution". You can find it in Settings - Language and input - Prediction and correction - Word substitution. Once you're there, go through the list and delete any unwanted entries

Posted via CB10
    Correct.

Like bb = BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:11 PM
    Yes, that is the conclusion I came to.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:23 PM
    Oddly, swipe to delete the previous word wasn't working on that last post but now it is. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:24 PM
    Ghost in the machine
    09-02-13 06:30 PM
    Once in a while swipe to delete doesn't work for me too, but when you delete one letter with backspace it usually starts working again.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:17 AM
    I m using US keyboard at BlackBerry stv100-4 i was use touch screen kb butt space bar auto corect action now i freely use screen kb go to setting-Language &input -BlackBerry keyboard setting -prediction & corection -Auto Corection.
    Click Auto Corectiom and turn off on screen keybaord and physicaly keybaord
    Attached Thumbnails How to turn off space bar autocorrect?-screenshot_20180210-013041.jpg   How to turn off space bar autocorrect?-screenshot_20180210-013041-2.png   How to turn off space bar autocorrect?-screenshot_20180210-012656.jpg  
    02-09-18 02:28 PM
    I m using US keyboard at BlackBerry stv100-4 i was use touch screen kb butt space bar auto corect action now i freely use screen kb go to setting-Language &input -BlackBerry keyboard setting -prediction & corection -Auto Corection.
    Click Auto Corectiom and turn off on screen keybaord and physicaly keybaord
    You do realise that this thread is 5 years old?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 11:17 AM
    You do realise that this thread is 5 years old?

Posted via CB10
    And over
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-10-18 11:34 AM