I know this might be silly to ask if it is possible, but I really want to know if there is any way to transfer app data to SD card or install apps directly to SD card. I m sure many folks must be willing to do this :P so lets see responses. I guess there is some application in android which dose that, but I don't really know the name, so i came up with this thread. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:15 AM
    Am curios about this also.. I have 16 GB SD card on my Q5 and only 8 GB internal memory on phone.. well only almost 4 GB available don't know why -_-

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-13-13 03:17 AM
    You can't install applications to the SDCard. Applications can store data there, it is up to the developer to implement that capability.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:26 AM
    You can't install applications to the SDCard. Applications can store data there, it is up to the developer to implement that capability.

Posted via CB10
    So I will have to check this in application itself if it is there or not

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:59 AM
    I thought BB10 was being made so apps could be on the sd card? Another ball dropped?
    11-13-13 06:32 AM
    I thought BB10 was being made so apps could be on the sd card? Another ball dropped?
    Why is that another ball dropped? I've been falling BB10's progression since late 2012 and I don't recall ever seeing BlackBerry suggest this would be a function or feature of the OS.

Just because a platform doesn?t have every feature that a single person my suggest, doesn't mean the company dropped the ball!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    11-13-13 07:03 AM
    Why is that another ball dropped? I've been falling BB10's progression since late 2012 and I don't recall ever seeing BlackBerry suggest this would be a function or feature of the OS.

Just because a platform doesn?t have every feature that a single person my suggest, doesn't mean the company dropped the ball!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    It was something said to be coming, not sure by who. It was something the forum has wanted forever and said to be a major downfall of BBOS. So yes I'm sure many assumed it would be there since "other OSes" do this.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 11-13-13 at 10:44 AM.
    11-13-13 07:07 AM
    It was something said to be coming, not sure by who. It was something the forum has wanted forever and said to be a major downfall of BBOS. So yes I'm sure many assumed it would be there since "other OSes" do this.
    What "other OSes"? Certainly not iOS. Is it a feature in Android or does it require rooting? Apparently not all Android versions.
    11-13-13 09:00 AM
    Symbian had and still has the feature to install apps on SD card..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-13 09:10 AM
    What "other OSes"? Certainly not iOS. Is it a feature in Android or does it require rooting? Apparently not all Android versions.
    No not all. But why not use something your user base has wanted for years? That or supply a bunch more device storage where apps do go? It sucks to be limited to what you can have so you have to delete things in order to get something else you want esp when you have a ton of space on an sd card.
    11-13-13 09:24 AM
    No not all. But why not use something your user base has wanted for years? That or supply a bunch more device storage where apps do go? It sucks to be limited to what you can have so you have to delete things in order to get something else you want esp when you have a ton of space on an sd card.
    Performance, security, stability. All these things are more difficult to maintain, or achieve when code can be run from external or mounted devices.
    OldSkoolVWLover and kbz1960 like this.
    11-13-13 09:31 AM
    Some OS's may support this function...but usually, the apps themselves do not, or do not recommend it for performance and stability reasons.
    11-13-13 09:31 AM
    Some OS's may support this function...but usually, the apps themselves do not, or do not recommend it for performance and stability reasons.
    Even in the land of Android many apps, though the tech was there, would not allow it as people would do things like change SD cards and then wonder what happened...
    11-13-13 09:58 AM
    Well I was going to chime in on this response as a simple Google search, revealed that most platforms don't support application installation to SD storage. It would seem that you've already been well informed by the same so called forum users that have wanted this functionality for years. My only issue with your previous responses are that you're passing off personal preference as fact, when some little time and research would have keep you and possibly others correctly informed.

With that said I don't disagree with you, some apps with a smaller foot print that require less of the phones resources to run should be allowed access to be installed on an SD card. I have a 64 GB class 10 in my Z10 right now and it's totally under utilized, where as I've already chewed away 11 GB of 16 GB of storage on my Z10's internal storage space. Having the ability to move over some non-labor intensive applications that do not compromise stability, security and or functionality of my phone would be a nice feature to have.
    Last edited by Carmels; 11-13-13 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors, can't have that!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-13 10:22 AM
    All I will say is that regardless of users wants, I can't think of one developer I know that would ever be happy with this. It would increase piracy and increase their support inquiries, plain and simple.
    Richard Buckley and Amey88 like this.
    11-13-13 12:14 PM
    I just wonder..
    On xda there is that droid memory reverse memory file.. wouldn't this work on BlackBerry 10? We do have droid runtime..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-13-13 04:54 PM
    All I will say is that regardless of users wants, I can't think of one developer I know that would ever be happy with this. It would increase piracy and increase their support inquiries, plain and simple.
    I don't think piracy would be a problem if the app is locked
    Or ti�d to the phones pin. Plain and simple!
    Last edited by Q100; 11-13-13 at 10:48 PM.
    11-13-13 05:58 PM
    I don't piracy would be a problem if the app is locked
    Or ti�d to the phones pin. Plain and simple!
    But we A know apps aren't tied to PIN or serial number or anything else like that. And we DON'T want them tied to PIN or serial number or anything like that, if you change or replace device you lose all your apps. If you have multiple devices you switch between you lose all your apps. Tablet and phone, you would have to pay twice even if it was the exact same app on both devices.
    11-13-13 06:23 PM
    Obviously you never used Nobex radio.
    11-13-13 10:49 PM
    for applications such as GPS/Map apps (especially the offline ones where some of the maps are in 100s of mbs and which can be downloaded separately from the app) they should have the ability to store/save the maps to the sd card.
    06-08-14 12:03 AM
    for applications such as GPS/Map apps (especially the offline ones where some of the maps are in 100s of mbs and which can be downloaded separately from the app) they should have the ability to store/save the maps to the sd card.
    Mireo - Don't Panic, a gps program can store its maps either in internal memory or and sd card. But the programs have to be designed that way.
    06-08-14 12:20 AM