I just hope the white is available on launch day. I remember when I got my 9800 that the red was available much later, and I HATED not getting one.
    Luckily the white was available on launch for the 9810.
    Oh no I just thought of something.....the white 9900 was not available to AT&T......I HOPE they don't do that again!!!!!!!!!!
    01-04-13 04:22 AM
    Ok, so realistically we should see some kind of pre-order go up on or right after 1/30 for say a week or two then in stores for the US. But a month or two delay and well the buzz will be dropping off the cliff like the US economy.
    01-04-13 09:25 AM
    RIM should hold a big press event so they can give this type of info out. The end of this month would be a great time to do that. They could show off the new BB10 OS and announce the dates of availability at the same time. I hope RIM sees this and takes my advice...

/obviousness
    i think it's going to be a big hit
    01-06-13 10:15 AM
    As much as I would like to have BB10 on my playbook ASAP, I think releasing it before a BB10 phone wouldn't really show off all the full potential BB10 has since it would be running on 2 year old hardware. Let's face it, the playbook hardware is great but at this time, it is dated.
    I don't think it will be available the day of or the day after. that short of period does not give the media enough time to get a buzz going, no water cooler talk, no time for people to do research into what the specs are of the actual phone. I suspect that RIM will follow apple's lead and release the actual phones a week or so after the world launch. What i would actually like to seem them do is release the playbook bb10 OS update a day or two before the Z10 goes on sale. That way all us fanboys can do the update and start our own word of mouth marketing prior to the Sale day
    bluetroll likes this.
    01-06-13 04:55 PM
    I don't think they've confirmed anything but I would bet that the US will be one of the countries to roll out the new devices in the first wave.
    there will be 6 or 7 simultaneous launches... Toronto, New York, Dubai, London, (cant remember the others...)... Rogers is the first in Canada!
    01-06-13 08:34 PM
    A RIM employee who works with Rogers and AT&T told me that Rogers will be releasing it on February 14.
    01-06-13 10:50 PM
    there will be 6 or 7 simultaneous launches... Toronto, New York, Dubai, London, (cant remember the others...)... Rogers is the first in Canada!
    I think there was an Asian city in there too. Was it Jakarta?
    01-06-13 11:09 PM
    I think there was an Asian city in there too. Was it Jakarta?
    The ones above plus Paris and Johannesburg - that's it.
    01-06-13 11:23 PM
    I don't know either but my RIM NAM told me that att and Verizon will be first here in the states.

Todd
    Yeah my friend's girlfriend's b/f who works in tech said so too.
    01-06-13 11:53 PM
    From a really good source at Rogers, February 5th. But still not confirmed so only time will tell.
    01-07-13 12:44 AM
    I say a week or 2 after the announcement but for bb10 on the playbook, pull an apple.

Say "and if you want to try the software out early, download it on any of our playbook tablets"

That way it gives the app ecosystem and buzz for the coming 2 weeks as well as feedback on a semi full launch.

Have the event and release the software as a teaser leaving tech geeks wanting more with having all of that goodness on a phone.

Sent from my game boy color
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-07-13 01:20 AM
    Well with the BlackBerry Experience Forum posted on the Blog, the dates start as early as February 4th!!!! So that's like the day AFTER the Superbowl. People commenting on there think that it could be as early as February 4th. IF that is the case, GO RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-08-13 11:25 AM
    From a really good source at Rogers, February 5th. But still not confirmed so only time will tell.
    And my good source at Best Buy Canada is saying early Feb, which would correspond with what you were told.
    01-08-13 02:31 PM
    My issue with these "I know someone who knows someone who knows someone, who's friends with someone who made a call to whomever" post in threads like these are that they usually some terrible troll like answers. This isn't to insult anyone, but there are never receipts to back up any of these claims lol. Furthermore, if you look at the fine print of the contest RIM is holding for New York, it specifically says that the lucky 30 will walk away with their phone that day. Now what I take for that physical evidence is this: 1) Unless they are allowed early access to the phone, the phone is most likely going to be available that day, or the day after. That is unless they're allowed to have the phone and have to wait to activate. 2) The fine print doesn't express any lines that are discriminatory towards any specific carrier, so it seems like all the major carriers will have them in stock. I mean, why would RIM let Sprint or T-Mobile users even enter the contest if they couldn't use the phone at all? That would be pretty dumb, right?

Maybe it's just me, but that is what I surmised from the information given. I could be wrong. Feel free to prove otherwise.
    01-08-13 06:18 PM
39 12