I spoke with a bestbuy representative and an AT&T rep today and was given conflicting information:

bestbuy- expect new blackberry phones by mid March!

AT&T- very possibly day of or next day availability, specifically he mentioned the launch of the Torch and how they had a pedestal set up and covered until the launch day.

So we are all obviously hoping for next day availability and we know some companies are pre-ordering now, but as these two guys are likely speculating what can really we expect?

Bold/Playbook deadly combo
    12-28-12 03:06 PM
    Torch??? hmmmm idk about that , what do you think the chances of a torch are? I'm thinking the torch name will stay with bbos were as BB10 will have a new name for any slider that comes to market if ever.
    12-28-12 03:12 PM
    There have been a number of rumours suggesting availability the day after for the L Series, and in theory it's entirely possible, seeing as BB10 has been going through carrier testing for some time now. However, the N Series timeframe has been rumoured to be around March. Whatever it is, the N Series has been confirmed for some time now to come after the L Series.

They could potentially use the Torch name for the L Series, as you have to remember the current Torch lineup includes a full-touch device. However, I have my doubts about them reusing it. I think they're going to try to establish some brand-new names with BB10, to further differentiate it from the old lineup.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-28-12 03:26 PM
    Torch??? hmmmm idk about that , what do you think the chances of a torch are? I'm thinking the torch name will stay with bbos were as BB10 will have a new name for any slider that comes to market if ever.
    I believe the OP was saying that the AT&T rep used their launch of the (original) Torch as an example of how they had blackberry devices ready to go even before launch day. And was saying that a similar situation will be in place for the launch of the new BB10 devices.
    robkd likes this.
    12-28-12 04:00 PM
    Was at Rogers in Canada.... when I enquired about BB10 as my contract is up......the clerk told me they expect them for sale by the second week of February,,, so who knows.... ATT has a habit of releasing phones on their time line with past phones... so who knows
    12-28-12 04:07 PM
    The only people that really know are those that can't talk to you about it.
    howarmat, borbella, Barljo and 1 others like this.
    12-28-12 04:17 PM
    32 days to go...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-28-12 04:32 PM
    My guess and bet is by Feb 15th, my birthday week.
    12-28-12 06:21 PM
    I don't know either but my RIM NAM told me that att and Verizon will be first here in the states.

Todd
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-28-12 06:35 PM
    I honestly think the L series will available at the very LATEST within a week of January 30th.
    12-28-12 06:46 PM
    I honestly think the L series will available at the very LATEST within a week of January 30th.
    Big call. Has RIM confirmed the US to be in the first wave?
    12-28-12 06:53 PM
    Big call. Has RIM confirmed the US to be in the first wave?
    I don't think they've confirmed anything but I would bet that the US will be one of the countries to roll out the new devices in the first wave.
    12-28-12 06:57 PM
    Last thing I heard Thorsten say was they were specifically going to look after their Middle Eastern and Asian customers along with Canada.

Let's hope the US are included...
    12-28-12 06:58 PM
    Last thing I heard Thorsten say was they were specifically going to look after their Middle Eastern and Asian customers along with Canada.

Let's hope the US are included...
    Seeing as the US is a market they'd really like to win back, it would be a wise choice. I'm in Canada so expect mine very shortly after the launch event.
    12-28-12 07:03 PM
    wouldnt be surprised if it was available in canada the day of or the day after.
    12-28-12 07:19 PM
    That's what I'm hoping for but not gonna hold my breath.
    12-28-12 07:33 PM
    It would not surprise me if Canadian carriers were very fast to launch as usual, it would actually shock me more if the US carriers were as quick as even if they are in wave 1 as we would expect, they will still have a longer approval period than other countries which is likely to delay them releasing it.
    12-29-12 04:23 AM
    This is the million dollar question and honestly if RIM announces on 1/30 and delays a US launch for months then they might as well not announce it, if its announced on 1/30 and the US carriers delay launching for two months then again they might as well not announce it. RIM has no room for error, delay or missteps here and they know it. The best product in the world will be yesterday's news and they won't want to get lost in the news cycle and wait months for delivery.
    01-03-13 01:01 PM
    The running theory based on everything I've read is US, Canada, UK, France, UAE, and South Africa should definitely be in first wave of launch based on the launch city events, which I think implies very shortly after 1/30, if not 1/30 on some carriers. Could be some other countries available, but these 6 should be the first. I think with the delay in getting BB10 to market RIM will want to get these things selling as soon after the launch events as possible to start towards the path of making money again.
    01-03-13 02:08 PM
    RIM should hold a big press event so they can give this type of info out. The end of this month would be a great time to do that. They could show off the new BB10 OS and announce the dates of availability at the same time. I hope RIM sees this and takes my advice...

/obviousness
    01-03-13 02:20 PM
    I miss my Blackberry terribly and I am ssoooooo stoked to see a new change for BB. I hope it's available very soon after the launch cause I have an upgrade waiting for me.
    01-03-13 02:27 PM
    I don't think it will be available the day of or the day after. that short of period does not give the media enough time to get a buzz going, no water cooler talk, no time for people to do research into what the specs are of the actual phone. I suspect that RIM will follow apple's lead and release the actual phones a week or so after the world launch. What i would actually like to seem them do is release the playbook bb10 OS update a day or two before the Z10 goes on sale. That way all us fanboys can do the update and start our own word of mouth marketing prior to the Sale day
    01-03-13 11:06 PM
    My birthday week... Between Feb 10 to 17...Mark my words..
    01-04-13 12:48 AM
    Who has devices first all depends on which carriers placed their orders first, some will be making devices available 1st week of february but i can't say/don't know which carriers they may be
    01-04-13 12:58 AM
    The only people that really know are those that can't talk to you about it.
    You must be 1 of them.
    01-04-13 01:05 AM
39 12