I accidentally hit delete/uninstall the default file manager when I was moving around my applications. May I know if there is anyway to restore the app? I could not find it from the list of apps by Blackberry Limited in Blackberry World.
    12-23-13 07:27 PM
    Try loading the bar file which you could find around here. If not then try reloading the OS
    12-23-13 07:50 PM
    What OS version are you on? I can maybe find you the correct bar file
    It is odd that you could have deleted it just by moving icons around tho, it should be undeleteable on device

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eldricho; 12-23-13 at 09:07 PM.
    12-23-13 08:00 PM
    Yes, I do NOT see a trash can for File Manager if you press and hold till icons blink. Are you sure you did not move it to another page or into a folder?

Did you hit the Search (magnifying glass) and search for it "Fi......"
    12-23-13 08:49 PM
    Yeah I was about to ask how the F did you accomplished deleting File Manager??

Try using Search the main Search for it to see if it's actually still there.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:37 PM
    I didn't move it to another page / folder. Oddly though I can find it via the search function.
    I'm on the official 10.2.424

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 03:10 AM
    It's definitely in some random folder if you can find it.
    Reloading it via Sachesi won't make the icon reappear if it is already there
    There is a way to delete it, but it would require some knowledge of sideloading the same bar first, then deleting
    jeff schmelzer likes this.
    12-24-13 03:21 AM
    Well, it is not possible to delete it (edit: from the handheld only, special software is needed when connected to your PC). It is perhaps still open as an active frame, it moved to another page or it is inside another folder.

Z10 goodness
    12-24-13 03:23 AM
    Is it possible that I may have hidden the app like android? There should be a way to make it reappear?

Edit: I held the hub icon and apparently the bin symbol means remove shortcut.

Posted via my Z10
    Last edited by Shaun Deanesh; 12-24-13 at 03:32 AM. Reason: new
    12-24-13 03:28 AM
    Is it possible that I may have hidden the app like android? There should be a way to make it reappear?

Edit: I held the hub icon and apparently the bin symbol means remove shortcut.

Posted via my Z10
    Yeah, but the problem is that holding the file manager won't show a trashcan cause it can't be deleted without doing the trick on a pc. I've seen people having problems not finding a random icon sometimes, but have never seen how they solved it.

How to restore deleted file manager-img_20131224_102042.png

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:21 AM
    I really wish the SEARCH function showed what page or folder an Icon/app was in. I, too, sometimes can't find the app when paging through the screens and Folders do not stand out so that they can easily be identified as folders and opened.

If he can find the bar file, Chrome can be used to reload it, and then it could be deleted using Chrome (with the "Playbook" app manager add-on). Then reload and it would show, probably. By "privately" reloading bar files for UN-deletable apps, they can be deleted. So if it is lurking but invisible, it can possibly be fixed.

Frankly, for some apps, I always search since the icons can be indistinguishable and some I just cannot located.
    12-24-13 11:51 AM
    I only have 2 pages of apps and 5 folders so I'm absolutely sure that it's not in any one of them. Perhaps a factory reset is the only solution?

There's a "hole" in my first page now since the app went missing.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted via my Z10
    12-25-13 06:12 AM
    What version of the OS do you have?

If you can find the Autoloader (potentially available in the OS subforum), and then use Darcy's Tools, you can extract BAR files and then reload them using Chrome. It might sound complex but it really is not. But depending on how much data you have to backup and restore to reload the OS, it might be something to explore.
    12-25-13 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it after the holidays.

Posted via my Z10
    12-25-13 10:50 AM
    I can grab it for ya later when I head home if you want

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and m1kr0 like this.
    12-25-13 02:53 PM
    I can grab it for ya later when I head home if you want

Posted via CB10
    That could make it easier. He just has to use or learn to use Chrome and the Playbook App Manager.
    12-25-13 03:57 PM
    That could make it easier. He just has to use or learn to use Chrome and the Playbook App Manager.
    That would be very kind of you, thank you for your assistance. I have installed/used the playbook app manager.
    12-25-13 04:51 PM
    12-25-13 08:58 PM
    Is there some definitive source of info on which bar files are which specific apps? Like the bar name above does not really hint that it is the File Manager. More curious than anything.
    12-26-13 12:22 AM
    Is there some definitive source of info on which bar files are which specific apps? Like the bar name above does not really hint that it is the File Manager. More curious than anything.
    None that I know off currently. The names are scattered across many threads and I happen to remember most of them. Iirc the new BerryLeaks site was going to have a list of all bar files with their functions, but we all know that won't be coming anymore. The majority of the bar files thankfully do contain a explainable name. Don?t know why this one is called the perimeterbrowser.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:50 AM
    Guys the file manager appeared after I did a restart!

Posted via my Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-13 06:01 AM