Greetings,

i Had a Z10 for a short period of time, then returned it as, unfortunately, it didn't meet my needs. I did sign in to appworld, etc as part of the setup process for the device... App World now shows my old Z10 and my old Storm in additional to the new z10 device as available devices

How do I remove the old z10 and the Storm from the DEVICE LIST in App World??
    Used to be possible i heard but not anymore as i dont see the option to remove it anymore

the reason i want to remove them is that both the Storm and the old Z10 was using them on BIS internet plan!
    and its kinda conflicting with my new Z10 internet plan and have alot of limitaions I.T Ploicies with this carrier as BIS server in this region sucks and slow, and because im using the same SIM number and carrier and though i have removed all device from my BB protect account and even removed my HUB e.mail accounts and restarted the new Z10 and set it up with my BB protect credential WITHOUT the sim card in, then waited for long

still the devices appears as available in my App World, the limit to associate devices with one BB account is 5 devices
    now i have 3 where 2 of them im not using anymore and would like to remove them without:

1. deleting my BB account e.mail and creating a new one with the same e.mail cause this way my new Z10 restores wont be allowed to be restored one the new Z10.
    2. changing my BB account e.mail cause i just dont want to do that as it gona require me to creat a new e.mail account client to use it only for my BB acount.

Could anyone shed light and help on this one?
    much appreciated.
    12-26-15 03:26 AM
    Gonna be honest here:

None of what you said makes sense. BB10 devices don't even use BIS, so the device limit means nothing. Just use the device.
    12-26-15 07:36 AM
    Gonna be honest here:

None of what you said makes sense. BB10 devices don't even use BIS, so the device limit means nothing. Just use the device.
    But some carriers still activate BB10 devices on BIS plans. Bell Canada for example if you aren't careful.

Unfortunately I don't have any help for the OP.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    12-26-15 08:39 AM
    But some carriers still activate BB10 devices on BIS plans. Bell Canada for example if you aren't careful.

Unfortunately I don't have any help for the OP.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    That's semantics, though. It's just for billing purposes, it serves no back end use on the network. All that comes down to is carriers being too lazy to update their billing systems / scamming customers out of more money for 'BIS specific' plans that literally serve zero function.
    12-26-15 09:11 AM
    Gonna be honest here:

yes bla1ze, i understand that for BB10 u dont need a BIS plan and infact thats what im tryina get red off here
    da BIS plan, in my old Z10 and my very old Storm i used them with BIS
    when i got the new Z10 i decided not to use it with BIS i wanted to use it with normal andriod or Iphone plan,
    the thing is that i have moved my old z10 and the storm device from my BB protect, but the two devices still shows on my App world web page and its shown as available with the same number and service provider that im using here in my new Z10!

in my new Z10 when i got it fresh new i set it up with new internet plan and purposly didnt use the
    BIS n i was fine, but now since i have been login in my BB protect account online

i stated seeing in my current or new z10 that my service alias is the
    BB 10 standard. and thats what i dont want
    i want my z10 plan or service alias to get back as before, same as if it was an android or iphone internet plan,
    contacted my sim provider with no use.
    12-26-15 09:33 AM
    That's semantics, though. It's just for billing purposes, it serves no back end use on the network. All that comes down to is carriers being too lazy to update their billing systems / scamming customers out of more money for 'BIS specific' plans that literally serve zero function.
    You are right in that it serves no back end purpose, but it is more than semantics. If you activate a BB10 device on the Bell network if you are a Virgin Mobile customer, you have to change the APN or you won't get data service because the network is trying to route your data via the BIS service, but your PIN won't be authorized. A frined who was on one of Bell's family plans was told he would have to cancel that plan to get a Passport because his wife had a Samsung and he would need a BIS plan for his BB10. It wasn't until he pointed out he could cross the mall to Telus who would combine Android and BB on the same plan that the Bell sales staff acknowledge that they could service a new Passport on his existing plan. The situation is even worse for a handful of carriers around the world. There are planty of stories on CB from users who have been unable to get off BIS plans with their BB10 devices without changing carriers. Carrier support, especially first line support, is often completely unaware of how the networks is actually configured.
    12-26-15 10:54 AM