Don't think the issue is how much the developers want for their app. The developer for my favorite app on Torch (To Do Matrix) told me they were not sure if Z10 was going to survive and did not want to waste their time and scarce resources until it was a sure bet.

BlackBerry-s-are-forever
    04-23-13 10:22 PM
    Five dollars is a good base for a fully developed BB10 app not an android port any more and I would require a free trial period beforehand.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:36 PM
    Don't think the issue is how much the developers want for their app. The developer for my favorite app on Torch (To Do Matrix) told me they were not sure if Z10 was going to survive and did not want to waste their time and scarce resources until it was a sure bet.

BlackBerry-s-are-forever
    Sad but true.

I bought great little war game for the pb for $4.99 , twice since it was worth not using my same bbid to download for free on my 2nd pb. Was and still is a top selling app yet they never broke the 5 figure mark. The sequel, great big war game (2.99) is only available on the Z and had 23 reviews last I checked. One of the top rated ios and android games
    04-23-13 10:54 PM
    Maybe your app did not take much to develop. I have an app that I have been working on (Win7) for my automation integration projects and I have months of work into it, updating, changing, adding features, bug fixes.

Too many people want someone else's work for free (or close to it) or are jealous of the amount people make if they sell lots of their product regardless of how much it will help them.
    My view on this is it started with the Apple products, 99 cent music, 99 cent apps. I think this is perpetuated by College/University students making apps when at school as opposed to developing and selling an app to support a business/family/employees.
    Agreed. People need to take onto account the universal appeal of an app, or how easily it can be adapted to another purpose.

Economy of scale will come into play if twenty million people want to purchase the app, but if your selling it to fewer people, the cost must go up.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:29 AM

BlackBerry-s-are-forever
    I don't know what happened to REX WIRELESS, but their site has no activity in the forums, no updates, even for the iPhone customers that they added last year. Phone numbers still work, but it is just an answering machine.

I think they are about dead.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:35 AM
    I wouldn't pay for a banking app as my business is what keeps them in business. IMHO <3
    Good point - and I think the one thing I do really miss is Barclays banking app.
    Someone asked them about BlackBerry 10 ob twitter today... their lame excuse "we are seeing g how much interest there is"...

Of their ogrammers would only be semi competent they could port over the Android app for a start...

Other than that, all essential features came with the phone and the apps are extras. (as is the banking app)

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:34 PM
    $1

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:42 PM
    I'd pay $20 for an app that will make my Z10 wake up every morning and fix my coffee 2 minutes before I get up.
    04-24-13 12:47 PM
    Depends on the app.

$50.00 for an app that would sync everything seamlessly.

$20.00 for a good mileapp tracking, GPS based app
    04-24-13 12:52 PM
    All great responses. That's what I love to hear. If only the devs would read these. The apps keep rolling in. I'm thinking once the q10 drops and lights everywhere on fire the app world will at least double.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:34 PM
    All great responses. That's what I love to hear. If only the devs would read these. The apps keep rolling in. I'm thinking once the q10 drops and lights everywhere on fire the app world will at least double.

Posted via CB10
    Hope you are right. The same thing was said when the pb was getting os2, then again before the Z launched, then again before the US launch, now it's "they will come when 10.1 is available". I've learned to have low expectations so I'm not easily disappointed
    04-24-13 08:52 PM
    I as well considering I'm on my 6th bb? This time seems different though

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:43 PM
    About 99 cents. Depending on the app. Spotify instagram snapseed I wouldn't pay a dime for

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:17 PM
    Whatever the amount - it will have to be within reason. $599.99 for an app that has no lifesaving qualities or functionality is absurd - I think.

Anyway - the one app that I absolutely MUST have is Shazam. I have bought it several times already - so one or two more times won't matter to me. But, I've gotta have it - guys! Gotta have it!

So please hurry up with Shazam or something that works like it.

Peace...
    05-01-13 08:42 PM
64 123