I paid 19.99 for the mlb app and I'm glad I did, it's amazing

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:46 AM
    I'm a big F1 fan, paid 21 for a Formula 1 app - love it!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:49 AM
    I'd pay for an app if I was sure I'd really like using it. It would be nice to get a free trial to test some apps. I used to pay up to $5 for themes on my older BlackBerrys, so I'd pay that if we could have custom themes for the Z10.

I am looking at buying a few apps this weekend.

The ones that I sideloaded that I would have paid for are: YahooMail, Instagram, Whatsapp, Kindle and Photobucket. I have Words with Friends too, but I haven't used it, so I don't know if I will like it.

Would never pay for Skype and Netflix. Hey, speaking of those, where are all the people starting 40 threads a day about Skype and Netflix? What would they pay?
    04-23-13 01:46 PM
    People will pay more for Starbucks than an app they can use forever and is super useful? Wow...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:45 PM
    People will pay more for Starbucks than an app they can use forever and is super useful? Wow...

Posted via CB10
    Depends on each user. Not everyone wants the same apps.

I don't buy Starbucks. I like 7-Eleven coffee better, but if I have to meet someone at a Starbucks, then I might go once a year.
    04-23-13 02:50 PM
    Banks already screw me with fees no way I would pay for that app. I would pay $2-$5 for really top notch useful apps that are built completely native.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 02:59 PM
    I would easily pay 10-20$ for a really well done native app. As for a port maybe 2-5 $ if really well made but still its a port.

A dollar for a app is nothing when you think about how much it could cost to make that app. Their time isn't free. Lol.

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-23-13 03:06 PM

The ones that I sideloaded that I would have paid for are: YahooMail, Instagram, Whatsapp, Kindle and Photobucket. I have Words with Friends too, but I haven't used it, so I don't know if I will like it.
    Words With Friends works great. The only problem is that it downloads images onto your phone, so I stopped using it because there is no way, that I know of, to fix this. I tweeted @BlackberryHelp but haven't heard a peep out of them.
    04-23-13 03:18 PM
    Words With Friends works great. The only problem is that it downloads images onto your phone, so I stopped using it because there is no way, that I know of, to fix this. I tweeted @BlackberryHelp but haven't heard a peep out of them.
    I will try it this weekend.
    04-23-13 04:20 PM
    For a quality app with no adds. $10.00 Easy. I laugh when people complain about a $2.00 app being a rip off.
    I would like to see more Devs offering options like this.

I see the days of the really cheap apps coming to a close. Many of these App Devs are now real dev houses and have to pay salaries and benefits including the huge costs of healthcare.
    04-23-13 04:23 PM
    For a quality app with no adds. $10.00 Easy. I laugh when people complain about a $2.00 app being a rip off.
    I paid $9.99 for an electrical calculator app. It looks great, and works fantastic.The developer worked hard to do an amazing job I am sure. Will I use it all the time?? Meh, maybe. But I know it will come in handy when I do it. I think its worth it, and I appreciate the people who take the time to develop good quailty apps. I am sure I would and will pay even more for something that I want and need. I don't expect everything to be free. And besides, just means I don't eat a McDonald's tonight. No big deal. Thank you to all the dev's.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-23-13 04:34 PM
    An app without ads is worth more.
    04-23-13 05:08 PM
    $50 for a customizable appointment and task management app built for business use.

Icons on the monthly calendar showing the type of appointment, same ln tasks and prioritizing but color coding.

View tasks and appointments on selected screens

Selectable alarm notices

Backup and restore options for lost phone, upgrades etc
    niss63 likes this.
    04-23-13 05:39 PM

OMG! That's what did it?! I was appalled when I saw my friends husband in my photo album. How the hell would I explain that to her!? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-23-13 05:46 PM
    I had Sign Easy on my previous device. It worked fabulously well. I believe it's $10 now and I absolutely plan to buy it again.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:49 PM
    Hell, I'm willing to pay for Instagram at this point.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:50 PM
    Flipborad, instagram (because of my finance business), a very good esp app and a real YouTube app I would pay at least 5 each. They would have to be good apps and ran well and I would have no issue with buying them.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-23-13 06:22 PM
    It really depends on the application... If it's an app that can cure cancer, well, I'm taking a few mortgages out if need be. If it's an app that makes it so you can do extra convenience things, I think 5 bucks is about my cap.
    04-23-13 07:00 PM
    Who will be the first to buy the following Tip Calculator app in BB World? The developer must be hoping for a nice 'tip'! Or maybe they send you a new Z10 with the tip app preloaded!

How much would you pay for that one app you really want?-img_00000062.png

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:04 PM
    10 to 15 bucks for a quality native cascades app with hub integration and good support... 0 dollars for ported apps, while it's nice to see the name in App World if you put 0 effort into making your app for BlackBerry 10 why would I pay you anything more than a free download! I don't use to many apps but would love some instagram, flipboard and a native Google wallet app or PayPal to take advantage of my always off nfc chip

This seems to be the general consensus. If it is a convenience for the business to draw you in, like banking, free. BB people seem to value other peoples effort to assist their lives.

Via Zed using CB10
    I wouldn't pay more than $5.00 for a phone app. It's not like the devs put months of hard work into them. I know there's a lot of hours to be spent coding but for the most apps, all they have to do is make their existing app work for the OS. Can't speak for other brand new apps but I still don't think any phone app is worth much for what they do.
    Maybe your app did not take much to develop. I have an app that I have been working on (Win7) for my automation integration projects and I have months of work into it, updating, changing, adding features, bug fixes.

Too many people want someone else's work for free (or close to it) or are jealous of the amount people make if they sell lots of their product regardless of how much it will help them.
    My view on this is it started with the Apple products, 99 cent music, 99 cent apps. I think this is perpetuated by College/University students making apps when at school as opposed to developing and selling an app to support a business/family/employees.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:05 PM
    OMG! That's what did it?! I was appalled when I saw my friends husband in my photo album. How the hell would I explain that to her!? Lol!

That's a feature not a flaw

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:07 PM
    I'd pay for quick books, browser doesn't work even when in desktop mode. PlayBook browser works, but only accesses the mobile site which is very limited.
    04-23-13 07:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Facebook also added some photos to my Z10 photo album.

Edit: I looked again, and I think those are my FB friends that play Words With Friends.
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-23-13 07:10 PM
    A good example is Torque on Android, for a really good ODB2 reader app, I'm ready to pay easily $10.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto on that one; I would love a decent OBD2 app! I've seen Torque before and it's pretty cool.

Entertainment-wise, I wouldn't mind HBO Go. A native Ebay app would be nice, too.......the port that is currently available is a horrible, buggy, sad joke.
    04-23-13 08:13 PM
    I'll pay $300 if someone can get bb7.1 to run on the Z, I'd pay more but I'll have to buy another Z full pop to try it on.
    04-23-13 08:41 PM
64 123