My service provider told me that even if my z10 is connected to wifi it still uses data. so im all confused now my 9900 used to use wifi when connected and not data
    I hope he didn't tell you not to bother with wifi though...?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:28 PM
    My service provider told me that even if my z10 is connected to wifi it still uses data. so im all confused now my 9900 used to use wifi when connected and not data
    Yes, you will send and receive data through your wifi connection, not you carriers data connection. Just turn off data and use wifi. Calls and sms are routed through your carriers non-data network.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:24 PM
    i haven't gon over my 500mb since i got it
    03-17-13 07:48 PM
    I only use it for bbm, email, whatsapp. It cant be over 100mb unless i send lots of photos.
    03-17-13 07:57 PM
    Ok, here's the post I made a few days ago:
    "Plan A) buy phone out right: 599 + [110/mo (full "grandfathered" unlimited) X 24 month contract] = $3239/24 = $134.96
    -OR-
    Plan B) subsidized phone at: $199+$30(fee) + [100 (2GB data) X 24 month contract] = $2629/24 = $109.54

The difference being $25.42 per month. So even if you go over the 2GB by 1GB and are charged the $15 fee, it would still be less than staying on the "unlimited" plan. "

I don't know why I'm still on the fence over this. For some reason, I don't want to give up my "unlimited" plan.
    Your math doesn't make sense to me, with my Unlimted data I pay 89.99 a month currently, for 2gbs a month with their new plans they want 100 a month... So I'd be spending over 10 more a month for life, I typically keep a phone 30 months. So it balances out for me and I don't worry about overages. Plus when someone comes out with a tether app (where i avoid vzw and their hot spot fee like i currently do) I can connect my laptop and playbook everywhere and won't have to care. :-D
    03-17-13 08:48 PM
    I use my device constantly and never with wifi. Today is my last day of billing and I'm showing 3 GBs out of 6 used.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:55 PM
    With Sprint, I rarely used over 1g per month for the past year. And all 5 of the phones on my family plan together only got over 4g's once. Ive preordered my Z10 from Verizon and signed up for the 4g data plan, so I'm sure that's enough.
    03-17-13 08:56 PM
    When I inquired about keeping my Unlimited Text and Data (450 Min Voice) the rep said I could get 2 GB for the same price I pay now (79.00) and If it looked like I was going over I could pay 20.00 a month more for 4 GB. There is just something that is irritating about that. Pay more for less. I am on the fence still because my upgrade doesnt kick in until 4/15 and VZW is being a D*ck about ungrading 2 weeks early. I never used more than 580 MB on my Bold 9930. So I think I will wait and see what the forums have to say about it. I do not stream music or video. Mabey a very occaisional you tube. Mostly surfing the net for something I need at the moment. I take all my apps the refresh and set them to only refresh when I want the newist info. I am on wifi at home but not at work.
    03-17-13 09:10 PM
    When I inquired about keepiing my Unlimited Text and Data (450 Min Voice) the rep said I could get 2 GB for the same price i pay now (79.00) and If it looked like I was going over I could pay 20.00 a month more for 4 GB. There is just something that is irritating about that. Pay more for less. I am on the fence still because my upgrade doesnt kick in until 4/15 and VZW is being a D*ck about ungrading 2 weeks early. I never used more than 580 MB on my Bold 9930
    How were they going to do that price? The new plans charge a flat 40 per device and a 2 gb data plan is a flat 50... I have currently the exact plan you stated Unlimted data, texts, 450 minutes for 89.99.
    03-17-13 09:14 PM
    Went from average 200-300mb a month to 1.6gb and I still have another week and a half left on this billing period.
    03-17-13 09:49 PM
    How were they going to do that price? The new plans charge a flat 40 per device and a 2 gb data plan is a flat 50... I have currently the exact plan you stated Unlimted data, texts, 450 minutes for 89.99.

You can keep your current voice/text plan and just move to the $30 monthly 2gb tiered data or $50 for 5gb. You're not required to move to shared everything with the upgrade.
    03-17-13 09:50 PM
    Your math doesn't make sense to me, with my Unlimted data I pay 89.99 a month currently, for 2gbs a month with their new plans they want 100 a month... So I'd be spending over 10 more a month for life, I typically keep a phone 30 months. So it balances out for me and I don't worry about overages. Plus when someone comes out with a tether app (where i avoid vzw and their hot spot fee like i currently do) I can connect my laptop and playbook everywhere and won't have to care. :-D
    My plan is $109.99 for 1200 minutes and unlimited text & data. I guess the big question is going to be: how much is VZW going to charge once you go over the limit? Will they allow you to upgrade for 1 month at a time i.e. when you go on a business trip? Will I need the additional data because I want my emails to come in instantly (like our old BIS "push"). Does this mean I need to have a refresh rate set ant every 5 seconds? Constantly checking for data?I don't need (or do) Facebook updates so I won't have that problem, nor do I currently stream music or movies. That could change in the future. As I have said before, WiFi should not matter to most of us. Typically, speaking for my self, if I have WiFi access, I am at home or work where I have a full size computer to work on. I could see using the WiFi if I needed to download an app or a large spreadsheet rather than having it email to me. I'm thinking in my "outside" voice like my wife says. I just don't want to make a mistake and give up that unlimited plan and regret it 3 months from now especially if we don't really have a handle on how much data we will collectively use.
    03-17-13 10:24 PM
    My plan is $109.99 for 1200 minutes and unlimited text & data. I guess the big question is going to be: how much is VZW going to charge once you go over the limit? Will they allow you to upgrade for 1 month at a time i.e. when you go on a business trip? Will I need the additional data because I want my emails to come in instantly (like our old BIS "push"). Does this mean I need to have a refresh rate set ant every 5 seconds? Constantly checking for data?I don't need (or do) Facebook updates so I won't have that problem, nor do I currently stream music or movies. That could change in the future. As I have said before, WiFi should not matter to most of us. Typically, speaking for my self, if I have WiFi access, I am at home or work where I have a full size computer to work on. I could see using the WiFi if I needed to download an app or a large spreadsheet rather than having it email to me. I'm thinking in my "outside" voice like my wife says. I just don't want to make a mistake and give up that unlimited plan and regret it 3 months from now especially if we don't really have a handle on how much data we will collectively use.
    VZW allows you to change your plan twice per billing cycle. Overages run $15 per gb on share everything. Assuming you call and change your plan the difference is then only $10 per 2 gb.
    03-17-13 10:31 PM
    I've used the same amount of data with the Z10 that I would have used if still had my previous phone (Android - Nexus S).
    03-17-13 10:41 PM
    You can keep your current voice/text plan and just move to the $30 monthly 2gb tiered data or $50 for 5gb. You're not required to move to shared everything with the upgrade.
    Damn. Not what they told me (twice) or what I read it as. O well, I'm fine keeping it like it is.
    03-17-13 10:48 PM
    4.6 GB during my first 30 days. Nothing out of the norm.
    03-17-13 10:50 PM
    I have 5gb shared plan with playbook and z10.

I maybe use around 2gb at most.

I am usually on wifi 80% of the time.

To compare i had samsung galaxy S3 before the z10 and a iphone 4, which i use around similar amount as i do now with z10.

Everones usage is different as u maybe on network connection more then wifi, where as i am not, where as 1gb maybe fine for joe smoe, not good for you.

I say 5gb-6gb is plenty for ppl who are mostly on wifi and use data network when
    u need to only use it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:00 PM
    How the holy heck do you guys let American carriers rip you off over pricing? I thought EE was bad in the UK. Sheesh.

I pay 12GBP/month (288GBP over 24 months)
    (includes: 250 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet, free network-to-network calls & texts).

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:20 PM
    i wanna know how you guys dont use as much lol, i just got my phone on the 24th of april 48 hours later and i already used 190MB i dont have radio watch youtube or any other fancy app, i only have bbm email and facebook, only those 3. . . how is this possible. . . i would say stay with the unlimited data plan!!
    04-26-13 02:13 AM
    I use my device constantly and never with wifi. Today is my last day of billing and I'm showing 3 GBs out of 6 used.

Posted via CB10
    I'm 13 days in my billing cycle and have used 4.0GBs out of 6 lol

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:16 AM
    Keep an eye on your daily, weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage with the Data Usage Counter app

Available at the BlackBerry World

Last edited by tonyblaze; 05-21-13 at 01:49 AM.
    05-08-13 11:50 AM
    On VZW Unlimited Data Plan, this month so far 5 GB. 19 days into the billing cycle and 10 more days to go.
    05-08-13 12:20 PM
    My plan is 26 month unlimited txts mins and 1gb data but always have access to wifi

Posted via Z10 NEWCASTLE 24E33C29
    05-08-13 12:38 PM
    Keep an eye on your weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage with the Data Usage Counter app

Available at the BlackBerry World
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...28015159/?t=13

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...0278.png/?t=12
    Not paying 75p for that ha

Posted via Z10 NEWCASTLE 24E33C29
    05-08-13 12:39 PM
    Since March 25, approximately 600MB.
    05-08-13 12:39 PM
103 ... 2345