I have a 5 gb plan and 3/4 of the way through my first month I've used about 2 1/2 gb. But I'm also on wifi about half the time so I'd say 2gb at the minimum but I'd keep rocking that unlimited plan if it's cheap.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:41 PM
    I just checked... in the first month as mentioned before I used 940MB, but now I am two weeks in and I am only at 170MB...

No idea how that works... the difference is huge - too big to be related to just usage pattern....

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:52 PM
    I have used about 1.5GB in the first 2 weeks. Get unlimited if you can. I use this phone for pretty much everything I can use it for just cos it's so freaking fast.. my poor PlayBook is feeling really rejected. That PlayBook OS needs updating ..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:53 PM
    I just checked... in the first month as mentioned before I used 940MB, but now I am two weeks in and I am only at 170MB...

No idea how that works... the difference is huge - too big to be related to just usage pattern....

Posted via CB10
    any possibility that people who have kept their bis plans benefit from it?
    Vodafone claims they should.
    03-14-13 03:00 PM
    I wish BlackBerry had the usage app thing that the s3 has where it shows you how much data each app uses, that would clear up a lot of confusion

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:17 PM
    I've used about 10 GB so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:25 PM
    3/4 into the month and i used 879mb
    03-14-13 09:11 PM
    5 days from the end of my first billing cycle with my Z10 and I just checked and I've used 578mb. I'm on the thing all the time. However when I'm at home I use wifi constantly and but I hardly ever download or stream videos or music. Maybe 1 or two small flash videos a month. If that.
    03-14-13 09:24 PM
    I averaged 150 to 200 MB a month with my 9810 I have one day left before rollover and I'm at 430MB so I'm glad I upgraded my account to 1GB with Bell

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:43 PM
    I'm trying to decide how to get a Z10 and have two options.
    - Pay full retail for the Z10. Stay with the current plan with unlimited data, 500 min of talk time, and 500 txt messages. So far I've never hit the talk time or txt limit.
    - Pay 199.00 for the Z10 . Sign up with a limited data plan and unlimited talk and text.

What I don't know is how much data the Z10 consumes in a a month. Verizon offers 1 gig and 2 gig plans but I fear overages.

How much data have you used in the last month with your Z10?

Thanks!

Is your unlimited plan 3G or 4G? I was thinkng of doing the same thing, but my plan is only 3G, so I would be missing out on some of the download speeds that are associated with the 4G network. Also since I've never bought a phone without a contract, would I just buy the phone at full price then call and activate the phone once I get it?
    03-14-13 10:20 PM
    How much data have you used on your Z10 so far?-img_00000061.png
    Thank god I'm on an unlimited data plan.

Though I'm amazed by the speed and efficiency, so no complains

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:27 PM
    ...and a bit after the last post I get this...
    How much data have you used on your Z10 so far?-img_00000064.png

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:46 PM
    I've doubled my usage while tripling my data. Still keeps me well under 6gb data plan.
    03-14-13 11:22 PM
    I'm trying to decide how to get a Z10 and have two options.
    - Pay full retail for the Z10. Stay with the current plan with unlimited data, 500 min of talk time, and 500 txt messages. So far I've never hit the talk time or txt limit.
    - Pay 199.00 for the Z10 . Sign up with a limited data plan and unlimited talk and text.

What I don't know is how much data the Z10 consumes in a a month. Verizon offers 1 gig and 2 gig plans but I fear overages.

How much data have you used in the last month with your Z10?

Thanks!
    Unlimited data always gives one the peace of mind but I think it's excessive. We do need to be more conscious of how we use data. I would suggest that you go for Option 2, and only do the heavy-duty data stuff when you have WIFI. There is no need for heavy data usage on cellular, in my opinion. Saves you money in the long run.
    03-14-13 11:31 PM
    Interesting...just checked my usage. it's been 1 week and I've used up 300mb. I guess in a month I can expect to use 1 gb. Previously on my 9900 I never went over 300mb. And I was always on network not wifi. I'm always on wifi with the z10 though.

My advice is get as much as you can cuz you may think you're not going to use much on your phone based on old BlackBerry's but the browser is such a pleasure to use that you will end up using it way more than before

Posted via CB10
    AxKxB likes this.
    03-15-13 12:39 AM
    Interesting...just checked my usage. it's been 1 week and I've used up 300mb. I guess in a month I can expect to use 1 gb. Previously on my 9900 I never went over 300mb. And I was always on network not wifi. I'm always on wifi with the z10 though.
    I'm not a technie. I didn't know it is possible to incur data usage when on WIFI. Can someone explain this for me? I am curious to know.
    03-15-13 12:46 AM
    I have used about 1.5GB in the first 2 weeks. Get unlimited if you can. I use this phone for pretty much everything I can use it for just cos it's so freaking fast.. my poor PlayBook is feeling really rejected. That PlayBook OS needs updating ..

Posted via CB10
    I've used a lot of data this month. Just hit 10 gigs. Glad I still kept my unlimited plan. I do everything with this phone. My PlayBook is definitely feeling neglected. This phone is just so damn fast!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:35 AM
    any possibility that people who have kept their bis plans benefit from it?
    Vodafone claims they should.
    Maybe as I still have BIS. That would however not explain why it took 1 month to spring into action...
    (moved from bold to Z10 and i am still on my old contract)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:55 AM
    How do I check it? I wish my carrier had app for that. I can't call and check with my carrier either
    03-15-13 04:31 AM
    I started with a 3GB plan. Went over the first month so upped to 6. No issues now.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 05:09 AM
    I started with a 3GB plan. Went over the first month so upped to 6. No issues now.

Posted via CB10
    This is 100% all the time on cellular network and not with wifi, right? I presume using very data intensive apps like movies?
    03-15-13 05:46 AM
    I only get 1.5GB of data, then I added a 4GB data pack, almost burned through that as well. Its been 23 days.
    03-15-13 05:50 AM
    I only get 1.5GB of data, then I added a 4GB data pack, almost burned through that as well. Its been 23 days.
    How have you been using your phone? Do you have a Z10?
    03-15-13 05:59 AM
    So - the answer seems to be take your current data on a legacy device and triple it to be safe.

Now to answer the other silly question in this thread - Q:"How do use so much data?" A: Many folks spend a good portion of their day not on a wifi network. I commute about 4 hours a day door to door. So if I want to Stream anything let's say audio; music on Slacker radio, NPR morning edition, MLB or NFL or NBA audio stream...that can run up a few megs a day. I also regularly need to Tether to my laptop to log in remotely to do my time entry at work.

Then there's video. Someone sends me a youtube link on Facebook I want to see; or a set of pictures. On the Z-10 you can have Skype calls; or hit up Netflix on 4G LTE. 1,000+ emails a month. Downloading and distributing all manner of documents. Turn by turn navigation. Streaming stock ticker, downloading the occaisonal MP3 (kinda the whole point of slacker); animated weather maps It's all data.

.... It's really amazing how little data some people actually use on a smart phone. Sometimes it makes me wonder. I use my phone for a phone, e-mail, music, socializing, calendars, directions and news. A powerful and reliable device is necessary to most aspects of my life. Not sure what's happening with someone using less than 100 megs a month.
    03-15-13 02:33 PM
    So - the answer seems to be take your current data on a legacy device and triple it to be safe.

Now to answer the other silly question in this thread - Q:"How do use so much data?" A: Many folks spend a good portion of their day not on a wifi network. I commute about 4 hours a day door to door. So if I want to Stream anything let's say audio; music on Slacker radio, NPR morning edition, MLB or NFL or NBA audio stream...that can run up a few megs a day. I also regularly need to Tether to my laptop to log in remotely to do my time entry at work.

Then there's video. Someone sends me a youtube link on Facebook I want to see; or a set of pictures. On the Z-10 you can have Skype calls; or hit up Netflix on 4G LTE. 1,000+ emails a month. Downloading and distributing all manner of documents. Turn by turn navigation. Streaming stock ticker, downloading the occaisonal MP3 (kinda the whole point of slacker); animated weather maps It's all data.

.... It's really amazing how little data some people actually use on a smart phone. Sometimes it makes me wonder. I use my phone for a phone, e-mail, music, socializing, calendars, directions and news. A powerful and reliable device is necessary to most aspects of my life. Not sure what's happening with someone using less than 100 megs a month.
    To be honest, it is very easy to use very little data - when I go on holiday for a week or two that's what happens.
    Emails without attachments are just kilobytes, bbm is just kilobytes.
    Where do the megabytes come from?
    For me it is only news, that's it.

In fact, I do sometimes wonder whether the constant connectivity is a blessing or a curse. Oh, ans text messages are not a part of data though if they were, it is again kilobytes.
    To be honest, I gave absolutely no idea how one can use GB on a phone... (ok, big games in the app world but else?)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 06:12 PM
103 1234 ...