So we all know and love our Z10 keyboards and their smart technology that let's them learn typing habits, typo tendencies etc. But does anyone know of a way to change certain autocorrections that have developed erroneously. For example, I'm not sure how but my phone thinks that "im" is "om" and not "i'm" or that "if" is "of" almost always. Perhaps most frustrating is "at" showing up as st. (and of course "in" being "on" )

Can we edit the custom dictionary in a similar way to legacy devices? Or should I spend some extra careful texting time with my Zed to modify it's tendencies?

Cheers

Turned Zeke day one; Channel Pin C0001A853
    08-20-13 02:17 PM
    It drives me crazy too!
    I re-type what I want over and over till the kb learns it.
    KDB84 likes this.
    08-20-13 02:42 PM
    Yeah sometimes I is type something and a accidentally accept it, then it learns that and starts to suggest it! Would be really nice to be able to edit that dictionary rather than to simple clear it and start the learning process over

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:55 PM
    I would just go into word substitution and type in the offending word and then type in what it should be.

The OS has learned some incorrect words and just needs to be put right, you will still be able to override what the new substituted word is if you want to.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:03 PM
    You can go into settings and clear the Learned Words.

Then be careful when typing them again.
    08-20-13 03:15 PM
    You can also add Word Substitutions in settings.
    08-20-13 03:17 PM
    You can go into settings and clear the Learned Words.

Then be careful when typing them again.
    I don't want to clear all the words so that's not an option. Just a few.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-20-13 03:23 PM
    Mine always makes 'are' into 'ate' which is so annoying. And often it refuses to capitalize 'i' which is odd.
    08-20-13 03:27 PM

Mine always makes 'are' into 'ate' which is so annoying. And often it refuses to capitalize 'i' which is odd.
    Best to use Word Substitution in these cases.
    08-20-13 03:46 PM
    For everyone wondering I did find something interesting though not exactly what I'm looking for.

Settings >language and input>prediction and correction > clear learned words

08-20-13 04:24 PM
    That's what Denise suggested way back.
    Are you reading the suggestions that we are giving???

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:31 PM
    The last I read Denise hadn't yet posted. I just started poking around now and found that. Sorry.

08-20-13 04:36 PM
    Ikr that's so annoying. I hate when it corrects my misspelled word with another misspelled word though. That literally doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:39 PM
    Unbiased, the solution to your issue is in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:59 PM
    Unbiased, the solution to your issue is in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    I know it is I was just voicing a similar situation

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:13 PM
    It doesn't work like the pb where you hold the word and it gives you an option to delete it?
    08-20-13 05:19 PM
    i have a serious problem with the way my 'in' becomes 'on' or my 'on' becomes 'in'. I am using z10 and it seems to be doing grammar correction erroneously. In addition, i have noticed that the dictionary lacks a lot of basic words. No I didn't make a list of those but frequently I have been surprised. Furthermore, I sometime hit the send button when I am pressing the back button or the period and the text is posted incomplete. This is annoying when using instant messengers like bbm or whatsapp. I think the 'Send" button should be placed away from the keys. Perhaps, it may be placed on top of the keyboard where attachment and back options are displayed.
    02-16-14 12:36 PM
    Settings|Language and Input|Spellcheck at bottom is Edit Personal Dictionary
    No need to clear all words. Also option to turn Spell check off.

Last edited by DickLewis; 02-16-14 at 03:51 PM.
    02-16-14 03:23 PM
    Not sure if this helps everyone, but i had a problem with typing "can" and it autocorrecting to "Van" every time. I fixed it by noticing that "can" somehow got into the Restricted Words list. Deleted it out of there and no more issue of autocorrecting can to Van!
    11-28-16 03:18 PM