2A is far too high for the Z10, that should not be your original battery charger (I believe the Z10 charger delivered 5V at 700mah, the Z30 'powered-charger' at 850mah) and USB 3.0 is rated at 900mah. Typically charging at 2A will break the battery, ....
    It's sorry, this is completely, utterly wrong. It will not damage the battery. The battery will draw whatever current it needs, the charger does not "push" current to the battery. Charging at a higher current will make it hotter and will also degrade the battery faster (slightly) , but the limits are determined by the charge circuitry which is in your phone and no competent designer will let you draw enough to damage the battery.

In fact if you look at the list of devices compatible with the PlayBook charger as provided by BlackBerry, all the phones are listed even the old Bold 9900.
    07-15-17 12:56 AM
    No, most likely I would guess the USB port has gotten loose from all those years of plug/unplug from the cable. Although that should be pretty easy to check if your Z10 can't talk to your computer. If not then you're probably right, something has finally failed with the charging circuit on your main board.
    Either way, not good news
    07-15-17 01:03 AM
    It's sorry, this is completely, utterly wrong. It will not damage the battery..Charging at a higher current will make it hotter and will also degrade the battery faster..
    That's the exact point I made so why the contradiction and utterly irrelevant objection in your post? Do you not class premature degradation as breaking? Does running an engine at higher revs not near it's demise? Of course it does, it generates heat. Heat breaks, unless the composition of an item strengthens with heat due to some curing process or a process I'm unaware of. Perhaps your issue is with the word break.

I don't really need a lesson on electronics, electricity or compatibility lists and don't care to derail the thread further. No one needs to check the Samsung website to note an absence of the BlackBerry Z10 on the list of compatible devices, irrelevant?

If you were responsible for remotely managing devices, presented with a charging issue, I'd expect you would want the battery and charger eliminating before proclaiming the motherboard is faulty and concluding it's ready for the bin.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 10:08 AM
    I think all the battery talk has sent this thread in the wrong direction. My BlackBerry Z10 is going strong and handles all my business and personal emails text and other communications very well.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 02:01 PM
    That's the exact point I made so why the contradiction and utterly irrelevant objection in your post? Do you not class premature degradation as breaking? Does running an engine at higher revs not near it's demise? Of course it does, it generates heat. Heat breaks, unless the composition of an item strengthens with heat due to some curing process or a process I'm unaware of. Perhaps your issue is with the word break.

I don't really need a lesson on electronics, electricity or compatibility lists and don't care to derail the thread further. No one needs to check the Samsung website to note an absence of the BlackBerry Z10 on the list of compatible devices, irrelevant?

If you were responsible for remotely managing devices, presented with a charging issue, I'd expect you would want the battery and charger eliminating before proclaiming the motherboard is faulty and concluding it's ready for the bin.

Posted via CB10
    It's entirely reasonable to check the battery and charger before blaming the mainboard.
    However, blaming the charger because it is rated at higher current than the default charger is completely and utterly wrong. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with damaging the battery.
    It is true that charging at higher than specified current WILL damage the battery. No doubt about that. But charging with a higher rated charger does NOT necessarily charge at a higher current. As I stated, it is up to the charging circuit in the phone to determine what current to use to charge the battery and no designer worth their salt is going to allow a charge current high enough to damage the battery.

You got people chasing the wrong things in this whole debug process. That's like saying oooh, the charger doesn't have a BlackBerry logo on it, maybe you should suspect that. Yeah, sure in the end you need to test the charger, but not for that reason.
    07-15-17 11:21 PM
    My Z10 is still going strong in 2017. I thought about migrating back to Android (DTEK60), but I am just not ready to let go of BB10. Since my phone is used mostly for email, text, calls, and general Web browsing, there is not much need to change at this time. The phone is still plenty fast and nothing beats the BlackBerry Hub

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 09:32 PM
    My Z10 is now out of service. By me.

I have passed it down to my 8-year-old who uses it only to look at kid stuff and watch his shows using only wi-fi.

With the SIM deactivated and number transferred to my S8, it's basically just a micro-tablet for my son. Sort of like a smaller Kindle Fire (first gen) which he also uses from time to time.

Amazingly, after turning the mobile data off - so it's not constantly looking for service that's unavailable - the battery life has increased tremendously. I recently checked the average battery life in the Device Monitor, and it now says 2 days.

Right before I switched the service over, it was getting down to 9 to 11 hours.

Moral of the story... don't use your phone as a phone if you want great battery life. .
    09-14-17 11:04 PM
    I am still using my Z10 as an alarm clock that stays plugged in next my bed
    09-16-17 05:41 PM
    Nice! Can get so much from the hub alone.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 06:41 PM
    Still using Z10 with original battery
    10-12-17 05:59 PM
    I'm in

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 10:11 AM
    Me! Had to get a new battery about 1.5 yrs ago though.

Am wondering if I should risk downloading the latest OS update. What do you think??

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 12:08 PM
    My exact sentiments. Z10 is Bar far the most convenient and easiest platform to use while on the go especially for someone like myself who requires speedy on the go communication in many forms. Texts, emails, phone calls, downloading and uploading documents. Handling customers requests in a flash with the assistance of my Z10. Going crazy trying to continue using with little or no support. Just bought another brand new one from amazon for $125. Keeping for next backup
    makaiman likes this.
    10-13-17 07:49 PM
    Me! Had to get a new battery about 1.5 yrs ago though.

Am wondering if I should risk downloading the latest OS update. What do you think??

Posted via CB10
    If it is an official release, then you could upgrade. I had some network issues after 1 month. But, then it solved itself. Now z10 runs as a black horse.

Cusi
    10-23-17 03:08 PM
    I downloaded it and my system is running better than before. I used sachets to install it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 09:51 PM
    It is fitted with my hand . Othewise, this is a beauty design.
    alexxey likes this.
    10-28-17 07:26 PM
    I still use the Z10. I chose the Z10 instead the Z30 because of the design. The Leap is not the same as the Z10, except the battery it would be a downgrade switching from Z10 to Leap. I want to buy a BlackBerry Passport SE but I can't afford it right now. After I'll buy the Passport I will still be keeping the Z10. This phone is amazing. The battery life is not so good, I have at least 12 hours of battery life every day. It drains out in 4-5 hours only if I am playing games or if I use BBM video in that amount of time. Also the GPS apps are draining my battery.

Posted via CB10
    Leap was and is way better than the z10. Who cares about the specs when the battery is so weak. Leaps battery is amazing.
    Bogdan Tudor Dan likes this.
    11-04-17 04:18 PM
    I still use the Z10. I chose the Z10 instead the Z30 because of the design. The Leap is not the same as the Z10, except the battery it would be a downgrade switching from Z10 to Leap. I want to buy a BlackBerry Passport SE but I can't afford it right now. After I'll buy the Passport I will still be keeping the Z10. This phone is amazing. The battery life is not so good, I have at least 12 hours of battery life every day. It drains out in 4-5 hours only if I am playing games or if I use BBM video in that amount of time. Also the GPS apps are draining my battery.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I considered replacing my Z10 with a Leap, but after I saw the Leap's specs, I had to pass.
    11-05-17 07:23 PM
    Z10 battery sucks compared to Leap battery. Leap close to as good as Z30 size wise and was decent for the lower price. If Z30 is a Corvette, then Leap is a Camaro. Z10 is a Cruze..
    11-05-17 07:56 PM
    Z10 battery sucks compared to Leap battery. Leap close to as good as Z30 size wise and was decent for the lower price. If Z30 is a Corvette, then Leap is a Camaro. Z10 is a Cruze..
    You know larger battery packs are available for purchase for the Z10, right? You can even buy battery backup chargers. Either one of those solutions is cheaper than buying a Leap, and we don't have to step backwards in features and specs.
    11-06-17 02:18 PM
    During long trips or what it looks like it might turn into a loooooooong day because of the plans, never leave home without them doesn't matter which device I am using, even with the iPhone using a lighting adapter plug...
    How many of you still use a Z10?-img_2017_001.jpg
    How many of you still use a Z10?-img_2017_002.jpg
    How many of you still use a Z10?-img_2017_003.jpg
    11-06-17 02:38 PM
    You know larger battery packs are available for purchase for the Z10, right? You can even buy battery backup chargers. Either one of those solutions is cheaper than buying a Leap, and we don't have to step backwards in features and specs.
    I bought the Z10 same time as my Z30 and Leap. I'm on AT&T and I carry two phones. The factory unlocked Z30 doesn't get LTE in most of AT&T land, and the Z10 battery sucked 3 years ago. The Leap has better performance overall and better size. Using a Z10 was the least useful of all three devices back then. Course, I'm the kind of user that feels things should just do it right outta the box. There's multiple reasons the Z10 was the most returned device in BB history and it almost killed the company.

Besides all devices are so old, they're dirt cheap. Why inconvenience yourself over spending $30 and getting a better performance. Specs don't mean $&@ in real life use...
    11-06-17 03:02 PM
    I am going back to my z10 today. I have a couple of 5000 mA batteries. Better for me than Leap.

Posted via CB10
    makaiman likes this.
    11-07-17 01:53 AM
    I have

Posted Via Z10 India/Airtel...phone for Champaions
    11-07-17 10:58 AM
    I still use mine! I have 2 brand new backups incase the one im using fails! The other 2 new backups wont outlast the OS but I still have them for pieace of mind!

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-08-17 08:43 AM
1,079 ... 3738394041 ...