I keep reading all the glowing (and defensive) postings about the Z10. I have owned a Z10 (running 10.1) for about a month, having switched from my Bold 9930. While I like the Z10, I am disappointed that it actually has several fewer capabilities than the Bold has. Specifically . . . . .

DELETE MESSAGES
    BOLD: Two options: "On Handheld" or on "Mailbox & Handheld"
    Z10: "On Mailbox & Handheld" only

INCOMING EMAILS
    BOLD: Can set font size to make readable
    Z10: Cannot change incoming email font size - many unreadable (very fine print). No - changing font size on the Z10 does not fix this

LED LIGHT
    BOLD: Can select different colors for phone, emails, text, etc. Great for attending meetings with the sound turned off
    Z10: One color for all

HUB
    BOLD: N/A
    Z10: A great feature, but should be able to color code different types of messages, and possilby prioritize them

CAMERA ZOOM
    BOLD: Track pad - can zoom with one hand holding phone
    Z10: Must hold phone with one hand and stretch to zoom -- why couldn't this be done with volume controls?

APP CLOSING
    BOLD: Return button (again, one hand operation)
    Z10: Minimize and x - out. Camera really hard to close in landscape

DIRECTORY SERACH
    BOLD Selects names that START with the letter entered
    Z10 Selects any name that contains the letter entered anywhere

BATTERY
    BOLD: No problem
    Z10: Better be careful what you have open/running

KEYBOARD
    BOLD: Physical keyboard
    Z10: Virtual works well, but suggested words when flicked up sometimes catch the letter that they are above.

Maybe there are ways to do the above that I just haven't discovered on the Z10 - if so, please let me know.

If not, if the above items were to be fixed with future releases, I would really love the Z10, and would not be afraid to recommend it to others.

Also, I miss Pandora on the Z10 - you'd think ........

It makes me wonder if the BB designers never use their phones in the real world, or if BB threw out the OS7 folks and tried to replace them with iPhone types. There is a disconnect and a void. I am hoping that 10.2 (if it ever launches) will fix these.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-09-13 01:56 PM
    I keep reading all the glowing (and defensive) postings about the Z10. I have owned a Z10 (running 10.1) for about a month, having switched from my Bold 9930. While I like the Z10, I am disappointed that it actually has several fewer capabilities than the Bold has. Specifically . . . . .

DELETE MESSAGES
    BOLD: Two options: "On Handheld" or on "Mailbox & Handheld"
    Z10: "On Mailbox & Handheld" only

Both my google and POP accounts only deletes on on the device. That' been so since day one (10.0). What protocol are you using to get your email?

INCOMING EMAILS
    BOLD: Can set font size to make readable
    Z10: Cannot change incoming email font size - many unreadable (very fine print). No - changing font size on the Z10 does not fix this

Valid argument. If they could manage to make the text fix the screen I would be happy.

LED LIGHT
    BOLD: Can select different colors for phone, emails, text, etc. Great for attending meetings with the sound turned off
    Z10: One color for all

There are third party apps for that but it may come in later reviews of the OS.

HUB
    BOLD: N/A
    Z10: A great feature, but should be able to color code different types of messages, and possilby prioritize them

Already present on 10.2.

CAMERA ZOOM
    BOLD: Track pad - can zoom with one hand holding phone
    Z10: Must hold phone with one hand and stretch to zoom -- why couldn't this be done with volume controls?

No... Hold phone with two hands and use both thumbs to zoom.. It's quite confortable, really.

APP CLOSING
    BOLD: Return button (again, one hand operation)
    Z10: Minimize and x - out. Camera really hard to close in landscape.

Hmm.. I agree that swioing up while on landscape is tricky. I would prefer the swipe up from the PlayBook to be available instead of only the x...

DIRECTORY SERACH
    BOLD Selects names that START with the letter entered
    Z10 Selects any name that contains the letter entered anywhere

If I hit A, it will have all A****** names on top, then it will show all *A***** names, then all **A***** names. Same for all letters. It seems to be working fine. Could be I'm on 10.2?

BATTERY
    BOLD: No problem
    Z10: Better be careful what you have open/running

Yeah, I can make 16 hours on a usual day, but I agree that most people should probably by this >> BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | ShopCrackBerry

KEYBOARD
    BOLD: Physical keyboard
    Z10: Virtual works well, but suggested words when flicked up sometimes catch the letter that they are above.

It's a matter of getting used to. I type faster on my Z10 than I ever did on my 9790.

Maybe there are ways to do the above that I just haven't discovered on the Z10 - if so, please let me know.

That's what we're here for!

If not, if the above items were to be fixed with future releases, I would really love the Z10, and would not be afraid to recommend it to others.

Go right ahead, 10.2 does fix most of the things you mentioned. Some others though (like the deletion of emails), we will need more info on.

Also, I miss Pandora on the Z10 - you'd think ........

Never used it. But I am willing to bet you can load an android port.

It makes me wonder if the BB designers never use their phones in the real world, or if BB threw out the OS7 folks and tried to replace them with iPhone types. There is a disconnect and a void. I am hoping that 10.2 (if it ever launches) will fix these.
    Some people wonder if BB10 designers ever used BB7. I really think it's about giving the OS a chance and taking the dive. If you give it a fair chance, you'll probably love it (or go back to OS7) [or iOS] {or Android}.

All I know is I don't want another OS anytime soon.

All that said.. Can I have auto on/off back? Pretty please?
    10-09-13 02:46 PM
    I agree with most of op's points. Oh and I have Apollo installed for Pandora it's in aw.

AT&T Z10
    10-09-13 03:57 PM