Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    There are 3 options in the 'Flash' section when you're entering camera mode.
    1st is 'Disable Flash'
    2nd is 'Flash On'
    And 3rd is 'Auto Flash'

But, when i turned on the Flash On, the Flash only worked after i took a shot (more like auto flash to me)

And when i switched to auto flash, it does nothing. The flash didnt work at all.

Any solutions?
    Last edited by ididjdbdkapkwejdb; 12-19-15 at 04:32 PM.
    12-19-15 04:04 PM
    Not sure if you mean flash or flashlight.

If you want to use the flashlight, there is an option in the quick settings for flashlight.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 12-19-15 at 05:01 PM.
    12-19-15 04:25 PM
    Not sure if you mean flash or flashlight.

If you want to use the flashlight, there is an option in the quick settings for flashlight.

Posted via CB10
    Oh i'm sorry, i mean flash, camera flash. the flashlight is working tho. i cannot make the camera flash always on during taking a picture.
    12-19-15 04:30 PM
    Oh i'm sorry, i mean flash, camera flash. the flashlight is working tho. i cannot make the camera flash always on during taking a picture.
    when set to auto, it will only work if there's sufficient light to make the picture. If you want it to flash with each photo, you have to turn flash on not to auto mode

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 04:33 PM
    I've tried many 'Scene' mode, from 'Auto Scene' to 'Beach or Snow Scene' but no different.

Each time I used the normal flash/flash on (the bolt arrow icon), it does the flash action but after i took a picture (more like auto flash).
    and when I use the auto flash (the bolt arrow icon with letter A), the flash did not work at all...

What i think is, if you choose the normal flash, you should be able to let the flash always on like a flashlight during taking a picture, just like any other phone.

is this supposed to happen or is it just me?
    12-19-15 04:47 PM
    Flash is supposed to only come on the moment you take the photo. It's normal. Have you never used a camera before lol.

If you want to focus with the flash on, try holding the capture button and see if it will come on. If you want to take a video with the light on just click the record button and the light on button
    12-19-15 04:49 PM
    Flash is supposed to only come on the moment you take the photo. It's normal. Have you never used a camera before lol.

If you want to focus with the flash on, try holding the capture button and see if it will come on. If you want to take a video with the light on just click the record button and the light on button
    ya, i want to focus with the flash on. tried holding the capture button but the flash didnt active. the auto flash seems like dead too, not working at all.
    12-19-15 04:57 PM
    in the Settings, what i turned on are
    -Face Detection
    -Auto Suggest
    -Video Stabilization
    The rest are off, but i've tried to disable all in the settings and still nothing different..

I've done all the tricks, taking picture in a full light spot, low light spot, and even in full dark. I can't figure it out how to let the flash stays on during taking a picture.

But if your phone can do that, then there's something wrong with my phone. or something i need to change..
    Last edited by ididjdbdkapkwejdb; 12-19-15 at 05:13 PM.
    12-19-15 04:59 PM
    You can have the flash on during video recording mode. Thats about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:12 PM
    There is no way to do it, I just offered an idea. The autoflash means it will automatically detect if the picture would come out with the flash on or off, and will turn on the flash if it wants to.
    Flash on means all pictures get the flash to flash when capturing a photo, even in broad daylight.

The flash should only come on once you click the capture button, then the phone will focus as quickly as it can, then it will 'flash' and capture the photo.
    12-19-15 08:58 PM
    Touch and hold the screen where you want to focus to use the flash to focus.
    12-21-15 09:21 AM
    Dude that's why it's called "flash". It will only light for a very short span of time.

Auto means depending on the lighting condition if the bulb will flash a light or not.

ON means regardless if it's dark or not it will flash a light.

Camera (dslr, point and shoot) uses a red light for focusing the subject if there's not enough lighting but it never uses the flash itself to focus the subject.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:27 AM