I bought a T-mobile BB 10 this weekend. I'm not quite ready to return it - I see the potential for the device. I have to get a handle on the 700-1000 daily emails I receive through multiple work accounts and the hub is the best interface I've seen for it. I'm hoping there will be some improvements to the OS for notification rules that'll allow me to configure the device to alert like crazy in the middle of the night when that one really urgent message comes across, but otherwise remain silent.

But the spontaneous reboots are a deal-breaker for carrying the phone around during the day. It's zapped me twice during phone calls and I've owned it since Saturday. So I'm pretty much resigned to putting the SIM card from the BB Z10 in another device that better meets my daytime needs.

Will the Blackberry services work if the phone has no SIM and is just connected to WiFi? If they do, do I need to periodically replace the SIM to refresh anything? Maybe eventually it could be a carry-around-all-day phone but not quite yet.
    04-25-13 01:34 AM
    Works just fine as a wifi device. I used mine for 2 weeks because whatsapp wasn't available yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:37 AM
    It will work just von wifi - it will just lack carrier based Internet access.

Having said that though - under what circumstances did you get an electric shock? Middle of the day or did you charge it for example?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:37 AM
    Works just fine as a wifi device. I used mine for 2 weeks because whatsapp wasn't available yet.

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:42 AM
    No, it's a metaphor I got hit twice with spontaneous reboots during phone calls. No electric shocks.
    04-25-13 01:45 AM
    Works just fine as a wifi device.
    Posted via CB10
    So BBM would still work fine too on WiFi with no SIM installed? I know on the previous devices it was all tightly linked to the encrypted tunnel going across the blackberry.net APN. It just needs an internet connection and that's that now?
    04-25-13 01:50 AM
    it will last forever on wifi!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 01:50 AM
    No, it's a metaphor I got hit twice with spontaneous reboots during phone calls. No electric shocks.
    Ah, OK, possibly some OS glitch then - whatever causes them ubknown.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:56 AM