Even if BlackBerry get's sold before 2014 - it doesn't matter if you buy an Android that doesn't get any OS updates or a BlackBerry 10!

I'm more concerned about legacy BlackBerry phones! Without BIS they are somehow useless! BlackBerry 10 phones need BIS only for BBM and Appworld! Other Apps will work as usual!

And even if BlackBerry gets sold - I'm sure they are keeping the BIS, BES, BBM infrastructure alive for at least two years!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:01 AM
    There is onr thing u refuse to understand. Playbook is legacy device, its old. Samsung doesnt even provide software updates for their equipment older then one year, and apple supports equipment up to 2 years. Pb is now 3 years old, so what do u want from it more?? Yes, current z10 and q10, will be supported for their product life, which is 2 years, after that - BlackBerry will drop support and will only support new phones. I would guess, that the las os version supporting our devices would be 10.5, after that - please buy a new device Mercedes also does not issue recalls for cars of 20 years and older

Posted via CB10
    Here's the thing though BlackBerry said that bb10 was coming to PlayBook. So yes I expected them to come with an update. Heck it's the only reason I bought my PlayBook was because of them saying it would get a fresh bb10 os.

And not only that they had taken a step backwards and removed the bridge functionality with the z10 if i had known that I might not have not gotten my z10. Now that's not to say I dont like my phone I love it but BlackBerry has been shooting itself in the foot since day one.

As for all the ppl making car analogies, you guys can stop it's not even a real comparison to a phone, key difference is you can update software and the os. You cant do that with a car, if your trying to make it a comparison with a phone then thats means it's the hardware you're expecting to update not os. Car is all hardware for the most part and I don't expect them to update my engine or drive train as I don't expect BlackBerry to update the processor or ram.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:23 AM
    Till it's sold and the new owners say Fk u to all BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:34 AM
    People making comparisons with the car industry should spend a few years in said industry so they can pick more relevant comparisons.

Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Saturn have the benefit of sharing many parts with other makes that are still in production. Instead of these makes, try buying parts for your Daewoo or even older Suzuki automobile. That's a different proposition.

I think a better comparison for BlackBerry might be Kodak.

Posted via CB10
    I change my phones much more often than my car (typically every 12-18 months).

Interesting mention of Kodak - they just emerged from Chapter 11 this week.

Hopefully a BlackBerry sale won't be like SAAB (which was reported as sold twice, but shut down after both deals fell through) - the former local dealer was telling me that it took him 8 months to find a replacement ignition key for a customer.
    09-05-13 10:55 AM
    ...Samsung doesnt even provide software updates for their equipment older then one year, and apple supports equipment up to 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, Samsung sent out a Jelly Bean updated their GS2 just a few months ago. How old is that phone? (well, maybe it was AT&T that finally released it) And I think the iPhone 3G got an update at 3 years old - sure it may have been useless as none of the new features could actually be used on it...

It seems that BlackBerry has been the worst at updating existing phones to newer OS versions over the years. Sure there were some models that could jump a version number after release, but not many.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:57 PM
    I change my phones much more often than my car (typically every 12-18 months).

Interesting mention of Kodak - they just emerged from Chapter 11 this week.

Hopefully a BlackBerry sale won't be like SAAB (which was reported as sold twice, but shut down after both deals fell through) - the former local dealer was telling me that it took him 8 months to find a replacement ignition key for a customer.
    A year ago I had customer with a Daewoo that totaled because of parts unavailability. Today I have a Suzuki in my shop that will total because of parts unavailability.

Stories like the search for a key you've described are all too common in the automotive industry.

Hopefully Kodak can make it, but I'll not hold my breath.

These sales seldom work for the best for the customers or the employees (rank and file). After the next earnings report, BlackBerry will likely really be in a fix, as far as finding a buyer.

My Z10 is a good phone, but it has some short comings that I had hoped would have been resolved by now. I think I am going to load a 10.2 leak and see how it does. If it is not where I expect it to be ( a livable level for me), I'll probably ditch it and move to something that I can live with for the remainder of my contract.

Sad, but I'm done waiting on a company that habitually delivers late, or not at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:07 PM
    There is onr thing u refuse to understand. Playbook is legacy device, its old. Samsung doesnt even provide software updates for their equipment older then one year, and apple supports equipment up to 2 years. Pb is now 3 years old, so what do u want from it more?? Yes, current z10 and q10, will be supported for their product life, which is 2 years, after that - BlackBerry will drop support and will only support new phones. I would guess, that the las os version supporting our devices would be 10.5, after that - please buy a new device Mercedes also does not issue recalls for cars of 20 years and older

Posted via CB10
    Apple supports their products more than two years, with software updates. I'm not sure about Android phones, though.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:09 PM
    Apple supports their products more than two years, with software updates. I'm not sure about Android phones, though.

Posted via CB10
    With some Androids your lucky if you get six months of support.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:50 PM
    They better do.
    10.2 improves the situation but in no way is it in an ideal state

Posted via CB10
    Let's not get carry away 10:2 is not even official.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    09-05-13 01:51 PM
    Let's not get carry away 10:2 is not even official.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    I'm not getting carried away. I have expectations for BlackBerry 10 which they are a long way off addressing.

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    09-05-13 03:48 PM
    Actually, Samsung sent out a Jelly Bean updated their GS2 just a few months ago. How old is that phone? (well, maybe it was AT&T that finally released it) And I think the iPhone 3G got an update at 3 years old - sure it may have been useless as none of the new features could actually be used on it...

It seems that BlackBerry has been the worst at updating existing phones to newer OS versions over the years. Sure there were some models that could jump a version number after release, but not many.

Posted via CB10
    I had sgs2 and the first note. Note had 4.0 as the latest, yet sgs2 got 4.1. Not bad for sgs2, but note was a waste (both for Lithuanian market)

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:31 PM
    Looking at BlackBerry's history, maybe for another year or so. After all, the PlayBook did have about 2 years of update (finally got it up to 2.1)...
    And today a 2.1.0.1753 had surface in the leaks. Who could have guessed?

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0.1443
    09-05-13 09:09 PM
    And today a 2.1.0.1753 had surface in the leaks. Who could have guessed?

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0.1443
    That means nothing unless it is released. Who knows how long that has been around?

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    09-06-13 02:57 AM
    10.2 will be the last official update. Z30 will never be released. Q5 will be their last device.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 01:24 PM
    10.2 will be the last official update. Z30 will never be released. Q5 will be their last device.

Posted via CB10
    Oh tell me more prophet!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:49 AM
65 123