Hi-

Like many others have posted, I started experiencing random reboots of my phone once or twice a day (usually at night while charging) a few days after getting it. While I really like the phone, the reboots were annoying because I would lose all of my open browser tabs.

Some background: My install is clean, no 3rd-party apps. I got the phone through AT&T under contract so it is not unlocked.

One of the things I did soon after getting the phone was to turn OFF NFC. I was thinking that this might help to conserve battery life. After experiencing reboots on a regular basis, I got the idea a few days ago to try turning NFC back on, and...

SINCE TURNING NFC BACK ON I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY RANDOM REBOOTS OF MY Z10. It's been almost 4 days with no random reboot. I have no idea why this setting would affect the phone's desire to restart itself, but I thought I would share my experience.

Comments, anyone?
    04-08-13 09:45 PM
    I wish the NFC fix would help my issue, but I have NFC on and I get one reboot per day minimum. I'm patiently waiting for software update.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:03 PM
    Hi-

Like many others have posted, I started experiencing random reboots of my phone once or twice a day (usually at night while charging) a few days after getting it. While I really like the phone, the reboots were annoying because I would lose all of my open browser tabs.

Some background: My install is clean, no 3rd-party apps. I got the phone through AT&T under contract so it is not unlocked.

One of the things I did soon after getting the phone was to turn OFF NFC. I was thinking that this might help to conserve battery life. After experiencing reboots on a regular basis, I got the idea a few days ago to try turning NFC back on, and...

SINCE TURNING NFC BACK ON I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY RANDOM REBOOTS OF MY Z10. It's been almost 4 days with no random reboot. I have no idea why this setting would affect the phone's desire to restart itself, but I thought I would share my experience.

Comments, anyone?
    Thanks for sharing! I hope your solution helps others.
    04-08-13 10:14 PM
    I have NFC off and never get reboots...maybe it the OP's case, that fixes things. Has anyone who has the issue tried a security wipe yet?
    04-08-13 10:40 PM
    My z10 is also rebooting about once per day. Also very annoying. Should I wait for a software update or just wipe and reinstall os?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:46 PM
    I experienced my first random reboot this morning while sitting in a meeting. I have NFC turned off and I performed a security wipe on my phone went I traded for it on Thursday.
    04-09-13 10:58 AM
    My fix was wiping the phone, reinstalling the os from scratch and the restoring data. Fine since.

For some reason my desktop forces it to reboot when I want to back up via link buy my laptop is fine...

The media card is another potential culprit for reboots.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:10 AM
    I had to take my Z10 back to AT&T and get a replacement. That seems to work for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:32 AM
    Everyone might be missing a crucial point. NFC was turned OFF for a period and subsequently turned back ON.
    Might just be the fact it was turned off at one point.
    04-09-13 11:43 AM
    I've had 3 random reboots since I purchased the Verizon Z10 (pre-order Mar28)....Friday29 and two Sat30. None since then. NO sideloaded apps. I've done one 3 minute battery pull after the 3rd random reboot, and everything seems to be working great
    04-09-13 11:55 AM
    I had same restart problem...see my thread below

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-793238/
    04-09-13 12:42 PM
    Just an update. Still no random restarts for me since turning NFC back on.
    04-09-13 01:04 PM
    Just checking in to say that I still have not had a random restart since turning NFC back on. It's been more than 10 days now.

Maybe this info will help someone.
    04-15-13 05:33 PM
    Edit to my #10 post, started getting random reboots more frequent so I decided to return it and get a new one. No problems....yet
    04-15-13 05:39 PM