04-20-14 09:26 PM
97 123 ...
tools
    Let me first say this is an opinion : but how the **** do people keep saying the z10 looks like an iPhone? Seriously on what base? The wider screen? Or the button less slab? Or the location of the charging pots and volume buttons?

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-09-14 09:36 AM
    Let me first say this is an opinion : but how the **** do people keep saying the z10 looks like an iPhone? Seriously on what base? The wider screen? Or the button less slab? Or the location of the charging pots and volume buttons?

Who does? I've not read/heard that.
    04-09-14 09:38 AM
    Who said that?
    @.@
    Maybe because it have a screen.?

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drauen richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu kssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    04-09-14 09:39 AM

Don't forget the headphone jack is at the top. Boom
    extisis likes this.
    04-09-14 10:07 AM
    I don't think it looks like an iPhone at all. It's definitely not a copycat body style at all.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-09-14 10:11 AM
    Looks way better, especially in white

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:17 AM
    We live and breathe this stuff, so the differences are easy to spot for us. In the eyes of civilians, pretty much any black or white slab touchscreen phone is associated with an iPhone. Just like years ago, any phone with a qwerty keyboard was called a BlackBerry.
    04-09-14 10:18 AM
    I've heard it.

Bear in mind, though, that for many people "iPhone" is the generic term for "smartphone", and "iPad" is generic for "tablet". Same way "Kleenex" is generic for "tissue" and "Xerox" used to be generic for "photocopier".

If it's any comfort at all, QWERTY phones will likely be referred to as "BlackBerries" for years to come.
    04-09-14 10:20 AM
    I can easily see the similarities. Camera is located is the same spot on the back of the phone and they are close to the same size. Sure if you stare at them its fairly easy to tell the difference but at a glance, especially if its in your hand they do look similar enough for some to mix them up. And honestly, how many poeple have actually seen a Z10 or know what it is...
    anon1727506, Raddin, Rello and 7 others like this.
    04-09-14 10:22 AM
    People are also asking me a lot if i have an iPhone x_x
    04-09-14 10:25 AM
    If anything the Z10's front kinda looks like the back of the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Borough likes this.
    04-09-14 10:35 AM
    All-touch phones all look broadly similar especially from a distance. All have similar features too. And yes they all emulate iPhone because it was the pioneer of that form factor and style.
    04-09-14 10:40 AM
    In my group that I hang out I have someone who has a Z10 (a white/silver one). Actually we "make fun" (in a joking/fun way) that he has a HTC One. The black one may look like an iPhone, but the white one doesn't.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-14 10:48 AM
    Once you preface that statement with the unspoken, "Compared to the Bold/Curve I used to have...", it all makes sense.
    04-09-14 11:33 AM
    I've been told "Hey, you moved into the future and finally got an iPhone." about three times since I got my Z10.

My sister's Z30 keeps getting mistaken for a Galaxy. Maybe it's more about the size of the phone than recognizing the buttons and shape.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:35 AM
    The shape of the device is near identical to the iPhone. I don't know why some keep on denying it. The curved corners + flat back. iPhone is one of the few devices with a completely flat back without roundedness toward the sides, atm. Plus we have the enormous bezel and small phone size.
    spikesolie and BSuperiorXXX like this.
    04-09-14 11:45 AM
    The shape of the deice is near identical to the iPhone. I don't know why some keep on denying it. The curved corners + flat back. iPhone is one of the few devices with a completely flat back, atm. Plus we have the enormous bezel and small phone size.
    Lol you got a thumbs up from me because this comment is funny. Shape huh ? Rectangular and curved like every other. Phone out there. Including my ancient Nokia 1100? Damn BlackBerry why didn't they make a phone with a bumpy back and razor sharp edges? Oh and well the enormous bezel and the invisible button on the z10.

Dave Bourque, Mecca EL and ssinghb like this.
    04-09-14 11:52 AM
    If it was the HTC I would agree because I saw the white one and it was sexy as hell Infact that'll be my next device if BlackBerry folds. But the iPhone? Like maybe I'm just not blind

04-09-14 11:53 AM
    A new friend recently asked me "which iphone is that one you are having?", so yes, lotsa people thinkg Z10 is iphone 5s copycat
    04-09-14 12:10 PM

The front of the Z10 shows some similarities with the back of the iPhone 5. It's because of the top and bottom. But I have had people asking what kind of iPhone I had. I just show the logo on the back.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:15 PM
    Couldn't agree more. My dad still asks.. s this iPad from Apple or Samsung? lol
    04-09-14 12:34 PM
    And, see, it doesn't bother me at all when people used to mistake my Z10 for an iPhone, because it gives me the opportunity to say, "As a matter of fact, it isn't..."

My wife has the red Limited Edition, and is frequently asked where she got "such a cool iPhone case", at which point she starts bragging about her brilliant developer husband

People like to talk about phones. It's become a fairly decent conversation starter, and I don't mind taking advantage of it.
    04-09-14 12:35 PM
    I get it literally all the time...and honestly I can see where people get it. Even when I switched to Tmobile, the sales person even thought it was a iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:43 PM
    I would say prly 8 out of 10 people who see I am carrying a Z10 say… "Omg this is a BlackBerry?! It looks just like an iPhone!"

I don't get it either man…

Just goes to show how dumb iPhone users really are.

BionicKris and NinjaB like this.
    04-09-14 12:44 PM
    We live and breathe this stuff, so the differences are easy to spot for us. In the eyes of civilians, pretty much any black or white slab touchscreen phone is associated with an iPhone. Just like years ago, any phone with a qwerty keyboard was called a BlackBerry.
    You know, that's true. Some see any touchscreen to be a knockoff of Apple. Though Apple most certainly didn't have the first touchscreen or slab shaped phone...

Edit: Not all iPhone users are dumb. I've got a 5c and 5s. Also own a Note 3. I've had a BB Style, a 9310 and a Z10. Also a 822 WP. Add another 10+ androids to that...

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-09-14 12:52 PM
97 123 ...