How can I get rid of this ridiculous bloatware off my Z10, which I didn't ask for?

This Amazon crap has to go people. If I ask for it, fine....if not....i want it uninstalled from my device completely and fully.

I don't mind the app store, but this other junk has to go.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-15-15 11:22 PM
    If I read it correctly, it is buried so deep in the system that it will just keep coming back when you reboot. Hopefully this is not true. I have a Z30 and would love to hear how to get around the thing and get it out!
    06-15-15 11:31 PM
    I just tried the BlackBerry PlayBook Manager extension for Chrome. Found it in the list, delete it permanently, took out my Z10's battery, rebooted the device....and it's back.

Godforsaken junk...

06-15-15 11:47 PM
    I wanna remove it too. Never used it since the update, useless ported apps. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:51 AM
    Using parental control "ON" will not display on screen. The others option from OP.
    How to get rid of Amazon App after update to OS 10.3.2.440 on Z10...-img_20150616_161930.png

Z10/STL100-2 Biltz 10.3.2.2204
    06-16-15 04:21 AM
    I wanna remove it too. Never used it since the update, useless ported apps. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm... I've been using Amazon (and Mobogenie) since 10.2. Apps work fine. In fact you may be dismayed to discover there are a lot of "ported over" apps on BBerry World.
    06-16-15 07:17 AM
    Hmmm... I've been using Amazon (and Mobogenie) since 10.2. Apps work fine. In fact you may be dismayed to discover there are a lot of "ported over" apps on BBerry World.
    Blackberry world has native apps while Amazon apps are all android apk. But still both are crappy to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:27 AM
    Someone should develop a system where we can use the PlayBook Manager to select and remove any and all bloatware.

06-16-15 07:52 AM
    Someone should develop a system where we can use the PlayBook Manager to select and remove any and all bloatware.

Like it or not, BlackBerry does not consider the Amazon app to be bloatware. Along with BBW, they are the official BlackBerry app stores and are deemed part of the OS. If you don't use it, then don't sign in.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    06-16-15 07:58 AM
    Blackberry world has native apps while Amazon apps are all android apk. But still both are crappy to me.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. Many apps on BBerry World are not "native" apps and are simply ported-over Android apps. Personally I appreciate the ability to use both. But if you don't like the BBerry apps and you don't like Android apps... maybe you need an iPhone?
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    06-16-15 09:26 AM
    Just sold my iPhone 5S a few weeks ago.

I may buy another one in a few days or so, along with an iPad mini retina...

06-16-15 01:25 PM
    Just sold my iPhone 5S a few weeks ago.

I may buy another one in a few days or so, along with an iPad mini retina...

good for you. Maybe a better choice for you.
    06-16-15 01:34 PM
    Not true. Many apps on BBerry World are not "native" apps and are simply ported-over Android apps. Personally I appreciate the ability to use both. But if you don't like the BBerry apps and you don't like Android apps... maybe you need an iPhone?
    MANY apps in blackberry world are not native but ALL apps in Amazon are ported apks. I'm not hating android apps they run smoothly on android devices since it's native but on blackberry running ported android app it's $+/;#!?- as hell. lol

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:06 PM
    Just hide it with other unused apps
    06-16-15 10:11 PM
    I would remind everyone here of the ios apps that can't be removed that are just not used on my IPhone 5S, but it's my company phone , shut off and in the draw until 7:00 am tomorrow morning. Annoyed by them, no, just never use them nor touch them, try that. First world problem, and if you give people more choices, they complain still.
    06-16-15 10:48 PM
    I personally don't feel the need to be bombarded with useless junk on any phone. If I don't use it, I don't want it there, plain and simple.

Take the hint BlackBerry. It's time you caught on.

06-16-15 11:16 PM
    I personally don't feel the need to be bombarded with useless junk on any phone. If I don't use it, I don't want it there, plain and simple.

Take the hint BlackBerry. It's time you caught on.

Tell that to ATT and all the crap they put on Android devices, or all the useless apps Apple puts on your iphone that you can't remove.

Put them in a folder and never look at them again
    06-16-15 11:25 PM
    MANY apps in blackberry world are not native but ALL apps in Amazon are ported apks. I'm not hating android apps they run smoothly on android devices since it's native but on blackberry running ported android app it's $+/;#!?- as hell. lol

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you mean "3rd Party Apps"? Or apps not produced under the Google name? Google and Android Apps are not synonymous. People just think they are. For instance, I run a script App called "Celtx". One I downloaded and installed from Mobogenie for my BBerry. Another I downloaded from Playstore for my Android tablet. They're exactly the same. Google has nothing to do with them.

For instance, look here:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/feat...oes-not-535257
    Last edited by scrannel; 06-17-15 at 01:03 AM.
    06-17-15 12:42 AM
    Maybe you mean "3rd Party Apps"? Or apps not produced under the Google name? Google and Android Apps are not synonymous. People just think they are. For instance, I run a script App called "Celtx". One I downloaded and installed from Mobogenie for my BBerry. Another I downloaded from Playstore for my Android tablet. They're exactly the same. Google has nothing to do with them.

For instance, look here:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/feat...oes-not-535257
    Third party apps from different app stores are sourced from google's playstore hence they are all apks. They get later updates behind google's. And having a single example of app which no one even uses doesnt justify how good BlackBerry's android runtime is, most of the time it's all crap even developers dont even bother updating. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:46 AM
    Did it kill someone in your family or something?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:06 AM
    Perhaps you'd rather just have all useless apps on your device, than have productive ones then?

06-17-15 06:11 AM
    Third party apps from different app stores are sourced from google's playstore hence they are all apks. They get later updates behind google's. And having a single example of app which no one even uses doesnt justify how good BlackBerry's android runtime is, most of the time it's all crap even developers dont even bother updating. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Well, you are wrong on just about everything you've said here, but apparently you couldn't be bothered to read the link I provided. For those who really care: you do not need Playstore to create, distribute and obtain apps. Those actually created by Google (Google Maps etc.) are designed to require Playstore interaction. All the others -- not created by Google (most apps) -- are on Playstore for one reason: that's where everyone goes to get apps. My writing partner is an iOS and Android app designer. Yes, Apple has a lock on their apps, but he does not need Google to design, and distribute apps. No one does.
    06-17-15 10:44 AM
    I removed those from my BBZ10 using Darcy's Blackberry tool. Launch Darcy's tool, connect your device and type in the password to login if your device is password protected, click on installed apps, select the apps that you want to remove by checking the corresponding boxes, click on delete selected. Enjoy!
    06-18-15 04:03 AM
    Well, you are wrong on just about everything you've said here, but apparently you couldn't be bothered to read the link I provided. For those who really care: you do not need Playstore to create, distribute and obtain apps. Those actually created by Google (Google Maps etc.) are designed to require Playstore interaction. All the others -- not created by Google (most apps) -- are on Playstore for one reason: that's where everyone goes to get apps. My writing partner is an iOS and Android app designer. Yes, Apple has a lock on their apps, but he does not need Google to design, and distribute apps. No one does.
    Doesn't matter how or where they come from what's important is their availability, functionality and support coming from their respective developers which BlackBerry world and amazon appstore lacks.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:07 PM
    Doesn't matter how or where they come from what's important is their availability, functionality and support coming from their respective developers which BlackBerry world and amazon appstore lacks.

Posted via CB10
    OK, so you agree you were wrong first two times out -- now how about a citation proving this new idea? In fact, I have had issues with two apps from Playstore and my recourse was the developer -- just like BB World and Amazon. Look, if you insist on using apps downloaded from Playstore, fine. That's not going to somehow make them intrinsically better.

Of course Goggle would love everyone to download apps from their playstore. (Apple forces you to buy from them). With the exception of apps actually created by Google, there's no need. And, certainly no advantage.
    06-18-15 06:21 PM