So I have been happily deleting emails from my gmail account on my bb10 for weeks now. Or so I thought. I logged into my email account on the computer only to discover that my z10 is archiving my emails as opposed to flat out deleting them.

Is there a way to change this in the settings? I could not find one. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    03-06-13 07:15 PM
    I heard that there is no option to do this on Z10 in a thread I read a couple weeks back. Same goes with hotmail and others. But I may be mistaken now if someone else can clarify.

I could on my 9860, what about Android and ios?
    03-06-13 07:30 PM
    I am a former iphone user, and I was able to delete completely. I suppose I can file to Trash, but that's so many more steps than should be necessary.
    03-06-13 07:42 PM
    My best suggestion if you use gmail, is to make a folder/label called something like "@Deleted mail"

and from your phone - instead of delete - just Move the emails to that folder, so they are removed from the Hub

then you can empty that folder whenever you want using your computer
    03-06-13 09:21 PM
    For Hotmail when u delete on phone it sends to your delete folder online.

Z10 I am using.

As for Gmail I forget as I do not use that email much, but I think u correct it archives it.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-06-13 09:57 PM
    i just tried it and i can confirm that it goes to archive.
    03-07-13 12:20 AM
    I had this issue A while back and came up with a fix. Search my post history and u will find it.

If not I'll come back tmr during the day and I'll link the thread where I posted the fix. It's a pretty simple fix

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 03:26 AM
    Yes I found this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-773238/

Have tried the recommended fix and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone! Now if only I could get my calendar to sync, I would be a happy camper.
    EastMcCauley likes this.
    03-07-13 08:39 AM
    Ideally, we'd want to be able to choose whether to delete or archive from the device. Is there a way to do this?
    03-07-13 08:49 AM
    This is a Gmail-ism that's existed for quite a bit. Nothing you can change on the phone. Go to Google Sync from the phone's browser and check the box for "Enable Delete Email As Trash For This Device."

That's assuming you've configured via ActiveSync.

If you're using IMAP, then you'll need to change your Gmail settings: Official Gmail Blog: New in Labs: Advanced IMAP Controls
    03-07-13 09:27 AM

Have tried the recommended fix and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone! Now if only I could get my calendar to sync, I would be a happy camper.
    What os version are you on?
    What's ur carrier?
    Cuz the calendar sync issue is fixed In the updated os
    03-07-13 10:10 AM
    On the latest OS (10.0.10.85), with Telus. My calendar only syncs one way... if I add an event on my phone it will show up in my Google cal, but if I add an event on the computer, as well as any existing events in my GC, it does not appear on my phone. I have tried everything (different methods of adding the calendar, deleting, re-adding) and I just cannot get it to work. I have given up.
    03-07-13 10:32 AM

Why not just use the mobile version of the calendar in Google? Works great.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-07-13 10:34 AM
    I have played around with this and have the SOLUTION!!

Log onto your Gmail account from your computer's Internet browser and go to your settings. In your settings click on the imap tab and change the setting to "Do not expunge Automatically." and then also change the setting under that to a setting that says something about moving deleted mail to trash. Save that and switch over to the Labels tab and look for the All Mail check boxes and un check the Show in IMAP option. This should get it working correctly. Just remember there is about a 15 - 20 min delay as to how everything is updated on the server when you do something on your phone. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:38 AM
    Ah - that's what I need to try. Showing all mail in IMAP. I've never turned it off, and had it once before on a desktop client, though, so was surprised to not see it on my phone. I created my own "@ archive" label for archiving from my phone, so delete is delete.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:03 AM
    Wait... Un-check 'show in IMAP' for all mail? What is the goal of doing that?

I want some way to both archive and delete. Since when I try to file to trash I get an error saying I can't, I have gmail set for IMAP delete to move messages to the trash folder. 'All Mail' doesn't appear in my folder list on the Z10, hence my hack of making an '@ archive' label.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 12:50 PM
    You have to remove All Mail from IMAP otherwise the mail gets moved to the All Mail folder on Gmail due to their basic IMAP properties.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:22 PM
    Wow. I see what you mean now. Definitely some wrinkles for BlackBerry to iron out. My 9790 handled this just fine. Disconnected my PlayBook from the account, so can't comment on what it does. Although the way I did things on the PlayBook was delete to archive and move to trash to actually delete...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 03:14 PM
    Ok. So this expunge /trash/imap thing we are talking about actually did not work for me. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:25 PM
    Nicole try this link and see what you see. You should enable the calendars you want

www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Are you waiting for the calendars to actually sync? It's not instant there is a delay

As for the imap thing basically if you want email to go to the trash label then disable auto expunge and choose the 2nd option under it I can't remember the words exactly. Then go to the labels tab to the left and disable all mail from showing up in imap by un checking it under the imap heading. Now when u delete it won't go to archive (what I call limbo) it will have a trash label and won't be in 'all mail'. I can't search my post history at the moment but this is the gist of it. It's a mess to search through this stuff in the forums I find lol but the post I made was from a few weeks ago maybe. It was in someone else's thread related to this issue as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:40 PM
    Here's the thread I'm talking about
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ptions-766344/

Note as I said the Gmail emails with the yellow tabs highlighted dont seem to be marked as trash. They still go to limbo aka archive.

I would just create a new label called archive and move everything you want to keep to that label. This labels thing kinda annoying with Gmail having no actual folders lol

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:44 PM
    I have this same problem, but it also happens on my iPad so its nothing to do with the z10 and more apple and icloud
    03-07-13 04:52 PM
    It's how Google and Gmail works from what I can tell. It works ok on my iPhone because it was set up using exchange active sync before Google disabled it for non paying users. I suspect the poster who said it works fine on the older BlackBerry is not using imap as well as this issue is only with imap from what I've seen.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:01 PM
    I did what everyone suggested, to no avail. All my mail, regardless of yellow tab or not, goes to archived after I delete from my phone. Really wish I could just "file" the email into "trash". Doesn't even let me do that.
    03-19-13 03:37 PM
    I did what everyone suggested, to no avail. All my mail, regardless of yellow tab or not, goes to archived after I delete from my phone. Really wish I could just "file" the email into "trash". Doesn't even let me do that.
    Did u disable all mail label from being seen in imap On a computer in gmail settings? Also have to disable auto expunge and enable the 2nd option as I posted in the thread I linked.
    03-19-13 04:22 PM
31 12