I have a z10. My work policies require me to use the same password for the work area as the device. If I am in the work area, and the device locks out, when I reopen it it defaults back to the personal space. Is ther a way to default to work upon unlock?
    05-24-13 09:07 AM
    That may be a policy option on BES10. But, if that policy does not come from the BES10 server, there will be no way to do it. After all, that would be a major security violation.
    05-24-13 10:54 AM
    Hmm. You are saying there is a policy that forces you have a device password and controls what it must be? I don't think that should happen. The device password--whether you need one and what is must be set to--is personal space.
    05-24-13 10:57 AM
    There is a BES policy that says use the same password for both locking the device, and the work space - ie you have only one password to use the device. This is a perfectly normal thing.

I answer to the OP, no, frustratingly it appears there is no way to get the device to default to the Work space when you start up/unlock/anything else. It insists on going first to the personal space. This is really annoying, especially as a corporate that uses a work side app that doesn't appear for users when they start the device which is just confusing for them. For us the work side should be primary, and anything else is just a bonus.
    09-02-13 09:13 AM
    I totally agree... the device should default to the Work space when you start up/unlock/anything else. We've already had a few users put meetings in the wrong calendar because they get confused as to where they are. And if you push out an app from the BES it goes to the Work space and users can't find find it. I get the concept and I think it's a good one but I think we need to be able to decide which space is the default space - it would solve so many simple issues.
    09-03-13 04:38 PM