First poster here and long time reader!
    Sold my iphone 5 for a Z10 over here in the UK when they dropped to �180 and have not looked back! The best, and most refreshing mobile experience around.

My dilemma is this, I absolutely love the look and feel of my white z10 but have it in some cheap leather flip case. It's either in my hands or in its own pocket.

I really wanna use this without a case but I'm terrified it's gonna scratch like there's no tomorrow?

Is this the case or am I being too paranoid? Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:06 PM
    I don't know what's happened with all that html :/

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:07 PM
    Unless you're carrying rocks in your pockets, it should be mostly fine. However, just like any other phone.... a drop in just the right way... a scratch in the right way.. and your phone is messed up. If you're genuinely that worried about it, you shouldn't be using it without a case.
    niss63 and Carl Estes like this.
    12-16-13 05:13 PM
    It really depends on you. If you know you will drop your phone, then get a case. As for durability, I think Z10 is great. I've dropped it a few times on floors. Doesn't scratch or ding easily. I now have the BlackBerry transform hard shell case and the phone has taken some nasty falls with it and survived on floors. The only minor ding was from jogging on a trail where the phone took a nasty fall. It was facedown when I picked it up and survived with only small ding. I'd say from my experience with and without a case that the Z10 is durable.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:18 PM
    First poster here and long time reader!
    Sold my iphone 5 for a Z10 over here in the UK when they dropped to �180 and have not looked back! The best, and most refreshing mobile experience around.

My dilemma is this, I absolutely love the look and feel of my white z10 but have it in some cheap leather flip case. It's either in my hands or in its own pocket.

I really wanna use this without a case but I'm terrified it's gonna scratch like there's no tomorrow?

Is this the case or am I being too paranoid? Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    If i wasnt a holster type of guy, I would buy this:
    BlackBerry Flip Shell Case for Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Its thin enough to still keep the device's slim profile. but offers screen protection when in your pocket or bag and has the magnetic flap to save battery on standby.

Good luck
    FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-16-13 05:20 PM
    I've had my Z10 for several months without a case. Has held up really well, no scratches or dings. I do have a ghost armor screen protector on the screen. Love the way the phone feels without the case. Like others have said, depends on your environment.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:22 PM
    Any phones are durable enough to last minor scratches and falls now a days.

Investing 20-40 on case won't hurt though. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-16-13 05:23 PM
    Honestly I've dropped my Z10 about 50 times, Minor dents in the corners. The screen looks almost brand new (when it's had a clean). Still works absolutely fine! But I need to start looking after the little guy

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:24 PM
    I am opening beer bottles with it and somehow broke a few cases..... Since my phone is naked it didn't get any additional marks or scratches....

Bla1ze is right however....

I had a few other phones which I protected as best as I could and yeah.... my first TYTN II broke because the portable safe in the hotel has been dropped to the floor by my friend.... with the phone inside....

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:27 PM
    Another thing I find is that for some reason, the bulk that the case adds seems to effect the typing experience on the phone and for some reason my thumbs seem less accurate. Sounds bonkers but it's true.

How does the screen hold up? Is it likely to scratch from little grains whilst in my pocket? Also, thank you to all who have replied! Response here is rapid!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:27 PM
    Another thing I find is that for some reason, the bulk that the case adds seems to effect the typing experience on the phone and for some reason my thumbs seem less accurate. Sounds bonkers but it's true.

How does the screen hold up? Is it likely to scratch from little grains whilst in my pocket? Also, thank you to all who have replied! Response here is rapid!

Posted via CB10
    Screen is fine, sand is its worst enemy, though.... I would definitely get a screen protector then...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not all cases are created equally. My iSkin case works great and a screen protector is also a must.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-16-13 05:29 PM
    I'm starting to think that maybe the holster is a good shout. I can use my phone naked without a screen protector yet it will still be protected. The glass feels soooooo nice at the moment and I want to to keep it this clean.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:32 PM
    I'm starting to think that maybe the holster is a good shout. I can use my phone naked without a screen protector yet it will still be protected. The glass feels soooooo nice at the moment and I want to to keep it this clean.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly would use the leather OEM sleeve instead of a case. My Z10 has had quite a feel drops and you honestly can't tell. As others have said, it only takes one drop to make you wish you had a case. Ha
    12-16-13 05:37 PM
    I don't use one, but I'm not devastated if I have to replace it.

Get a case if you are worried about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would not recommend to go without a screen protector.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    angieberry10 and Rello like this.
    12-16-13 05:41 PM
    I put mine in a case for months but took it out 2 weeks ago and am loving it !
    12-16-13 05:43 PM
    I never get any case for any of my phone. I really take care of my things and never fall them. But, the time make is thing and even if you are very close of your phone, some scratches are going to appear. It you want to keep it the closest to a brand new phone, buy a holster or a case, the look or the feeling is not the same, but your phone will thank you

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-16-13 05:50 PM
    I bought mine and dropped on rock solid surface on the second day. Got two marks on the corner.

Got a case instantly after that

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    12-16-13 06:15 PM
    I use a holster and always put it in with the face to the inside. I have had it since Feb/13 and not as much as a scratch anywhere. It is used 14 hrs a day every day of the week. I would never put any protection on the unit, you just treat it with respect because it has the name Blackberry on it. Still the most respected business phone on the planet.
    12-16-13 06:15 PM
    Dropped mine in the middle of Lowes onto concrete from about 3 feet. I was relieved it only had a tiny dent in the corner and no screen damage. I was impressed

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:19 PM
    If i wasnt a holster type of guy, I would buy this:
    BlackBerry Flip Shell Case for Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Its thin enough to still keep the device's slim profile. but offers screen protection when in your pocket or bag and has the magnetic flap to save battery on standby.

Good luck
    I have this case. It's nice for watching movies and looks slick, but it makes actually interacting with the phone a pain.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:26 PM
    Dropped mine in the middle of Lowes onto concrete from about 3 feet. I was relieved it only had a tiny dent in the corner and no screen damage. I was impressed

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I got same

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    12-16-13 06:28 PM
    I have this case. It's nice for watching movies and looks slick, but it makes actually interacting with the phone a pain.

Posted via CB10
    Yea. I didn't like it because of how awkward it made single handed typing on a bus. A skin type of case that gives a lip between the screen and the ground is the best.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-16-13 06:28 PM
    my z10 flew out of my pocket in my jacket when headphones got caught on a door approx 4 feet of the ground on concrete in a parking garage it flew 10 feet, and all i have to show for it is a small dent/nick in the top right corner no screen damage or anything i was very surprised.
    12-16-13 06:44 PM
98 123 ...