If you carry your phone in a case all the time, how do you keep the case from looking worn? This defeats the purpose of your phone looking nice. Do you get a case for your case?

What is the point of a case? So your device can be pristine when Prince Andrew and Kate come to visit? This is like when some of our grandparents covered their furniture in plastic.

The case is... the case! Blackberry enclosed the electronics with a case. Just keep it separate from your keys, etc. My Z10 has held up very well. Bette than any BB I've ever owned.
    Warlack likes this.
    12-17-13 01:55 AM
    I've had my Z10 since April...always in a flexible rubber type skin and with a screen protector never had an issue dropping or tossing it on a table. My brother however had his for a week unincased and dropped it out of his pocket onto a wooden deck and had the motherboard break some connection.

I say use a case...it's not just about your phone looking nice.
    12-17-13 02:12 AM
    Dropped mine in the middle of Lowes onto concrete from about 3 feet. I was relieved it only had a tiny dent in the corner and no screen damage. I was impressed

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I got same

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    Me three, dropped mine from chest height onto concrete. Tiny scuffing in the top right corner, easily hidden by the case I immediately bought afterwards.
    12-17-13 02:15 AM
    Got a z10 since march 2013 and not using any protective case. Still looks like New! I am just carefull and make sure it wont drop.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:43 AM
    Speak for yourselves. I dropped my Z10 the first time three weeks ago and the screen shattered. Fair enough, it happens to the best of us... I got it repaired and moved on... until my friend slapped it out of my hand yesterday by accident and now it won't turn on. I would be one angry fellow if I had to pay a second time.
    12-17-13 06:10 AM
    My Z10 has a bunch of scruffs from drops, usually from chest height. I'm 5'6", so it's really not that high. HAHAH. I've dropped my Z10 about five times, but it still runs really well. The only damage dealt to it was the physical damage at the corners. Screen runs well, phone runs just as fast, all sensors up, and no crashing, or sudden reboots and freezes.
    12-17-13 06:47 AM
    From within, pretty durable. Outside? Not so. I posted this somewhere else, and after an idiotic accident, this is what was left of my Z10. Surprisingly, it still worked (other than the screen). Today, my replacement has an Otterbox. Yes, it's bulky, but I can't go through this again.Attachment 230733
    WTF!?!

Did you get run over by a bus?
    12-17-13 07:20 AM
    I think the leather sleeve/holster is the best option and here in the UK it can be picked up for a little less than 10GBP which is awesome. Some of these horror stories kinda scare me from going completely naked.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:37 AM
    Do they make a pocket pouch? That's what I prefer using.
    12-17-13 07:48 AM
    I've had my Z10 since April...always in a flexible rubber type skin and with a screen protector never had an issue dropping or tossing it on a table. My brother however had his for a week unincased and dropped it out of his pocket onto a wooden deck and had the motherboard break some connection.

I say use a case...it's not just about your phone looking nice.
    I'm thinking even with a case the connection would've broken.
    12-17-13 07:53 AM
    First poster here and long time reader!
    Sold my iphone 5 for a Z10 over here in the UK when they dropped to �180 and have not looked back! The best, and most refreshing mobile experience around.

My dilemma is this, I absolutely love the look and feel of my white z10 but have it in some cheap leather flip case. It's either in my hands or in its own pocket.

I really wanna use this without a case but I'm terrified it's gonna scratch like there's no tomorrow?

Is this the case or am I being too paranoid? Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    That depends how many times u drop ur phone buy a case for ur phone it will protect the phone

Posted via z10
    12-17-13 08:28 AM
    Speak for yourselves. I dropped my Z10 the first time three weeks ago and the screen shattered. Fair enough, it happens to the best of us... I got it repaired and moved on... until my friend slapped it out of my hand yesterday by accident and now it won't turn on. I would be one angry fellow if I had to pay a second time.
    Get the Square Trade warranty that includes spills and drops. I have it on all of our devices in our home.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-17-13 08:33 AM
    i used a rubber+plastic cover and works fine, just a little problem when you want to connect the usd cable, i cut the cable in the base and problem solved...
    12-17-13 09:35 AM
    I like the transform case. Nice and lightweight, adds a great amount of grip to the sides and back of the phone without making it monostrous. When I hold the phone without a case I am super conscious about how the phone could slip out of my hands. With a good case, it gives you something you can grab onto.

Would like to get a flip shell, as those look like good cases too, but maybe a bit more bulky.
    12-17-13 10:13 AM
    Honestly I've dropped my Z10 about 50 times, Minor dents in the corners. The screen looks almost brand new (when it's had a clean). Still works absolutely fine! But I need to start looking after the little guy

Posted via CB10
    It's been awhile since I gave out any awards, but this guy definitely has earned it...
    .... not so much for dropping his "device" more times than anyone else,
    but for actually admitting it!

As for protection that won't take away from the look of your device...

If you're not planning on dropping your device in the toilet and have curbed your destructive tendencies and are not too terribly abusive to your device from this point on...
    the "
    Ventev ColorClick Pro Case works real good!
    The case stands up well to any and all name calling
    and yelling at it has no effect.

I use it and not a scratch can be found
    ...probably cause (I'm embarrassed to admit)
    I've never dropped my device.. which is kind of a bummer cause
    the other kids won't play with me!
    12-17-13 10:44 AM
    I don't use a case. I sometimes put it in a leather sleeve or holster, but never keep it in a dedicated case. The Z10 is a pretty durable phone. during the summer when I was biking, it managed to slip out of a pocket of my backpack (I forgot to zip it up), and it fell on the pavement at a pretty good speed. I actually didn't even notice it fell out, but someone on the sidewalk yelled and pointed behind me. The battery door flew off as did the battery. It booted up fine and there were '0' scratches on the display. However, the internal camera lens cracked and all my pictures have a black line running through them now :*( I regret not having it in it's sleeve when that happened....
    12-17-13 10:46 AM
    I'd say yes as long as you don't crack the screen. Mine's fallen twice from the hip to the hard floor (about 3ft) and has scuffed the corners and still works.
    12-17-13 10:47 AM
    I'm going to say my Z10 is pretty durable dropped more than 20 times once it fell down 2 floor on cement n it chipped the top left side a little but nothing to worry about still works perfectly not even one scratch on the screen ( I've had screen protector on since day 1)

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:49 AM
    blackberries were designed to be used without a case unlike pretty much every other phone out there
    12-17-13 10:56 AM
    I think very durable. I was riding a bicycle in Florida with my naked Z10 in the pocket of my shorts hit a bump and it fell out onto the street, screen side down. To my delight not a scratch on it!
    12-17-13 11:17 AM
    I've had mine naked with only a belt holster since day one. Used to drop my 9810 occasionally and had a nifty Dexter case for that, but felt the Z10 needed to be out in the open.

The initial black ribbed-case that seems so general these days was given to the gf when she got her Z10.
    12-17-13 11:26 AM
    I have a red flip shell case and it does a pretty good job of protecting the phone without bulking it up. My case has a crack in it and many scratches, so it has protected the Z10 without a doubt. I do think you tend to treat a phone better when you know it has not case. I also have a Q10 with no case, but it does hang out in its holster a fair bit.
    12-17-13 11:29 AM
    Z10 LE. Fallen quite a few times on the floor. It has a few small dents from it, but it's not visible on this pic (too small). Gloss on the back is a bit removed on a few places, but the black and white ones look and feel better quality.
    Had it for over half a year, my only phone. I don't use any protection whatsoever (except common sense, so I don't put it next to keys etc)
    How durable is the Z10 without a case?-img_00000012.jpg
    How durable is the Z10 without a case?-img_00000013.jpg
    anon5781939 likes this.
    12-17-13 11:40 AM
    If you like the feel of the Z10, then leather is the next closest thing. TETDED makes some really nice thin leather cases. I have several. Z10 - TETDED LIMITED

Attachment 230643
    Wish they has z30 products. They look like awesome products. Thanks for the info

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-17-13 12:13 PM
    I really wanna use this without a case but I'm terrified it's gonna scratch like there's no tomorrow?
    The phone is pretty durable alone and the back gives it a grippy feel, more so than say the Nexus 4 or iPhone 4/5 stand alone. If you do go for a case I don't recommend the BlackBerry flip shell because it's hard to pull the phone out for battery or SD swaps and when charging in the flip shell you have to fold the top flap back under which tends to prevent the flap to re seat flat on the screen. I also don't recomend the BlackBerry leather sleeve as it fits too tight and it's awkward to remove the phone.

Either the holster or the microfiber sleeve is a better bet. The BlackBerry microfiber sleeve is sturdier than it appears and allows for energy saving and NFC.
    12-17-13 12:24 PM
98 1234