Mine has been "naked" since launch day in the US. It is cosmetically and functionally in perfect condition.

Pretty good, if you ask me. Samsungs don't hold up that well cosmetically; I always put a rubber or TPU case on those. This? IMHO unless you're rough on electronics and like to drop things, no need.
    mkelley65 and meltbox360 like this.
    12-16-13 06:50 PM
    Very

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:01 PM
    I carry my Z10 in my pocket, no case, had it since February, there are some very minor scratches and dents from a few falls, it doesn’t bother me at all. Although, I’ve had a phone for an almost complete 3 year contract before and it looked like new when I put it away.

Was using someone else’s Z10 last Friday, they have no case, it has definitely had more than a few falls but it was still in good shape. Its screen has some small scratches and marks, the frame around the screen is marked up (almost all around it), and the corners had a few small dents. Considering what their other phones looked like it’s still in good shape, a little more banged up then my liking but I would be able to live with it.

On the other hand, one of my buddies dropped his Z10 once, got a small dint and immediately bought the transformer case. I’d say the Z10 holds up well, as good or better then any other phone I have had. Although, it really depends on you, are you going to drop it every time it’s in you hand? Are you going to freak out if it gets a little mark on it?

Edit: One main thing I wanted to point out was that even if you dent it or scratch it its not very noticeable as the coating doesn’t seem to come off (or is still black/white underneath)
    sid89 likes this.
    12-16-13 07:01 PM
    I've had mine since day one without a cover, skin or touch screen film.

I have dropped it twice resulting in only 3 nicks. Still good as new. Love it!
    12-16-13 07:25 PM
    I've had mine in and out of a case and it has held up pretty well from several falls with only a nick.
    12-16-13 07:28 PM
    I don't know what's happened with all that html :/

Posted via CB10
    Edit your post and remove the pound sign from your post and it will post correctly with no HTML tags visible. There is a CrackBerry bug, I usually write 100 GBP for example.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:43 PM
    If you like the feel of the Z10, then leather is the next closest thing. TETDED makes some really nice thin leather cases. I have several. Z10 - TETDED LIMITED

How durable is the Z10 without a case?-tetded.jpg
    sid89 likes this.
    12-16-13 07:44 PM
    I think it comes down to one basic question: do you want a high-quality phone that works reliably for years and isn't broken, or do you prefer bar jewelry to show off?

Mine's been in an Otterbox since Day 2 - that should tell you how I answered the question.
    12-16-13 08:12 PM
    I carry mine naked with a screen protector. Dropped it hard a couple times and not a scratch. It's only been less than two months so we will see. So far very tough and durable, though.
    12-16-13 08:18 PM
    You should get a bumper case for it. That's what I primarily use, and have dropped my Z10 a couple times on concrete. There is absolutely no damage to my Z10, and the bumper case was only like $10 or $11 from WirelessGround.com

The Incipio Dual Shine Pro is cool, but it's like $40. The BlackBerry transform case is good for using your Z10 to watch things, but it offers minimal protection and I've seen people on here that have had their screen shattered by dropping it in that case...theres just no real protection.

Lately I've been using my Z10 without a case, but I'm never really comfortable with it. I've never dropped it without a case so far, but I know what a risk it is. These phones are useless with a cracked screen (unlike the iPhone), so I know if I cracking my screen, it will be over for this phone and I will have to use my insurance for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:27 PM
    Dropped my device multiple times on concrete, wood floors, tile, etc... nothing extreme, all the falls were three feet or so, but none the worse for ir, except for a few chips to the case.

Having said that, if it's something you're gonna be worried about, get a case and sleep easy. One fall the wrong way and it's history...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:34 PM
    If i wasnt a holster type of guy, I would buy this:
    BlackBerry Flip Shell Case for Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Its thin enough to still keep the device's slim profile. but offers screen protection when in your pocket or bag and has the magnetic flap to save battery on standby.

Good luck
    Ah, we meet again. That's the case I have. I do like it - built-in screen protection. It also can be used as an easel stand. Protects the corners, somewhat, too.
    12-16-13 08:38 PM
    Amazing at how many have dropped their z with only minor dings O_o I guess nobody who has a smashed screen from a little drop has seen this post. Personally if the otterbox wouldn't obstruct my gestures so much my Z would be in it, but since it does I use these
    How durable is the Z10 without a case?-img_00000165.jpg

Few different colors to match my outfits and I love that the bb symbol is visible. Dropped my phone 3-4 times with no dings and I have a mirror screen protector on as well. Don't get me wrong I would love to carry my Z bare but I can't afford a replacement and love my phones in mint condition.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-16-13 08:50 PM
    I've had mine since release day (end of Feb or March I think), dropped it and launched it a couple of times. I keep mine between my legs while driving and forget it's there, so when I get out quickly it gets "launched".

So far only minor dings on the corners, hardly noticeable, but no screen damage.

Unlike older bb's designed to come apart, back cover and battery on impact, this one doesn't. But unlike so many of my iPhone friends, who's screen cracked on impact, no damage to this one.

I'm not a holster or case guy (I love the sleekness of the design), so I keep mine in my pocket. I even keep change in the same pocket.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:22 PM
    To be honest, Z10 doesn't need a case but only a screen protector IF you "handle with care"

In my case, I love my phones than anything else in this world.. lol.. So, my baby has BlackBerry Transform shell case.. Perfect case, no bulk added and great for watching videos..
    12-16-13 10:53 PM
    I've kept all my BBs naked with a holster. At work it's on my desk, so there is minimal fall threat. I have a friend who has an Otterbox, and he curses that he can't use gestures properly. I did try the flip case but returned it after one day - couldn't get used to the feel of having the case "in the way" while typing.

The Z10 just feels right without a case on it. The back battery cover plate has a great texture that helps me grip the phone properly, even better than the 9900 it replaced. Maybe I've been lucky so far and am tempting fate, but I've successfully kept all of my BBs in great condition and sold them off for good value whenever I upgrade. Take care of it, and it will be fine.
    12-16-13 10:59 PM
    I have the transform flip case and have dropped my phone many times. Twice on concrete. Screen is fine, I do not use a screen protector. Some small nicks on one side. I just like the practicality and beauty of this case. I am rocking the red one at the moment.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-16-13 11:11 PM
    From within, pretty durable. Outside? Not so. I posted this somewhere else, and after an idiotic accident, this is what was left of my Z10. Surprisingly, it still worked (other than the screen). Today, my replacement has an Otterbox. Yes, it's bulky, but I can't go through this again.How durable is the Z10 without a case?-img_00000070-3-.jpg
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-16-13 11:33 PM
    Any phone with a glass screen can break if you drop it a certain way.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-16-13 11:54 PM
    I still use it without a case and consider it quite durable.
    I dropped my first Z10 (white) several times and didn't have any problems until that awful day it fell face down onto tile flooring and the screen shattered.
    It's funny how that shattered screen cures you of the dropsies...haven't dropped it since.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:59 PM
    From within, pretty durable. Outside? Not so. I posted this somewhere else, and after an idiotic accident, this is what was left of my Z10. Surprisingly, it still worked (other than the screen). Today, my replacement has an Otterbox. Yes, it's bulky, but I can't go through this again.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000070 (3).jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	230733
    You went one from one extreme to another. You don't need otterbox for sufficient protection. A slim case with lip can protect the glass, but you would still need a screen protector.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-17-13 12:15 AM
    I got a Survivor case for mine (probably a knock off, who knows) but I know that it is made the same way as the survivor case for my ipod touch and our resident iphone 5 are... so... it protects the phone very well. I am very rough when working out in the world (in the house, it's a different ball game, but it's a MOBILE phone... so it has to stand up)

The Z10 feels stronger than our two tablets (both of which have cracks in the screens, thanks to the wife... and yes, one was in a case when she managed it... go figure... her next tablet is going to be a Zubu or whatever it is that is a "kids" tablet) and definitely better put together than my old Galaxy was. Doesn't feel quite as solid as my old nextel did, but put the case on it, and I think it's a draw now.
    12-17-13 12:46 AM
    Knock on wood, I have yet to drop my phone. I use the leather pouch, and like you I love the feel of my phone. I tried a case once but it only take me a day to take it off.

As many people have already said, just depends on how you are with your phone.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    meltbox360 likes this.
    12-17-13 01:18 AM
    You just need a case that is sufficient to offset the glass surface a little so that it won't contact the ground when dropped. You don't something very bulky. IMO. I use the transform hardshell case from BlackBerry. Which is slender but primarily protects the corners and offsets the screen.

Of course there is still always the chance you'll drop it so that the screen contacts something hard that juts out -- like the corner of a brick on some steps. There is really no defending against that. But that is a much less likely drop than on flat pavement, concrete, or tile floors.
    12-17-13 01:23 AM
    I feel the Z10 is very durable I have dropped mine a couple of times & no scratches. I now have a bumper case on it and screen protector.
    Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook...
    12-17-13 01:32 AM
98 1234