Hello,

Sometimes my friends broadcast some songs links on BBM but when i click the link which is for example: www.website.com/song.mp3
    it starts playing the song through the browser but i still can't figure how to download the song.

I really like my Z10 but it is missing so many things.
    Help please.
    07-04-13 06:34 PM
    Hello,

Sometimes my friends broadcast some songs links on BBM but when i click the link which is for example: www.website.com/song.mp3
    it starts playing the song through the browser but i still can't figure how to download the song.

I really like my Z10 but it is missing so many things.
    Help please.
    Maybe the songs are copyright protected and you are NOT allowed to save or download them. Maybe they are streaming ONLY.

If you give me the url I can check it for you.
    Welcome to CB
    07-04-13 06:42 PM
    Just long press the link and select Save Linked File
    Mel25 likes this.
    07-04-13 06:45 PM
    Hold down on the hyper like to the mp3 file. Then click on save link as. Works every time.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:47 PM
    Maybe the songs are copyright protected and you are NOT allowed to save or download them. Maybe they are streaming ONLY.

If you give me the url I can check it for you.
    Welcome to CB
    No its not only one song, every other songs.
    I can download them on every other blackberry except my Z10.
    07-04-13 06:48 PM
    Just long press the link and select Save Linked File
    Hold down on the hyper like to the mp3 file. Then click on save link as. Works every time.

Posted via CB10
    If I am surfing the net on my Z10 browser and i see a download link i can use this method but if the link was sent over bbm i can't figure out how to download it.
    07-04-13 06:50 PM
    It might be impossible from within BBM, but when you hold down on a MP3 within your browser, will it enable you to save the file? If this is the case, I will fire up a tool to save copied links tomorrow since you can copy a URL from within BBM.

Let me know.

Posted via CB10 on LE Z10
    07-04-13 06:53 PM
    Thats what i mean guys:

Photo: How to download mp3 Links on my Z10-img_00000872.jpg
    07-04-13 06:54 PM
    It might be impossible from within BBM, but when you hold down on a MP3 within your browser, will it enable you to save the file? If this is the case, I will fire up a tool to save copied links tomorrow since you can copy a URL from within BBM.

Let me know.

Yes when i hold down on a MP3 link when surfing through the browser i can see save as but when i hold down a link through bbm i dont see a save as. Check previous post.
    07-04-13 06:56 PM
    Thats what i mean guys:

Photo: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000872.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	179045
    Tomorrow I will fire up a URL that does just this specific task. It's almost 2 o'clock at midnight right now so I will update to you later today so you can download your copied URL's (again).

07-04-13 07:00 PM
    Tomorrow I will fire up a URL that does just this specific task. It's almost 2 o'clock at midnight right now so I will update to you later today so you can download your copied URL's (again).

Great, looking forward to try your work.

I'm curious, is that it? How is RIM that dumb.. so people can't download links which are sent via bbm?
    07-04-13 07:03 PM
    Great, looking forward to try your work.

I'm curious, is that it? How is RIM that dumb.. so people can't download links which are sent via bbm?
    I can imagine they "forget" to implement this within their apps since it's not common to download directly from a URL. Opening and copying a URL makes a lot more sense to me.

07-04-13 07:07 PM
    There is currently no menu item from within the streaming player that will allow you to download the file. As a workaround, once the file is playing, click on the address bar. Keep the original URL intact, and add the following text around it:

In front: "data:text/html,<a href="
    Behind: ">download</a>"

So, for example, I found this (completely random, don't judge me!) MP3 link online. The embedded player opens to "http://linkmusic.webs.com/12. Goodbye.mp3".

Change that to "data:text/html,<a href=http://linkmusic.webs.com/12. Goodbye.mp3>download</a>" and you will get a blank page with a link to the file saying "download". Long hold on that and you should get a Save Linked File option.

You can save the "before" and "after" text inside a note in Remember to make it easy to paste in the future.
    JunkieXP, krsholl and sabrefan73 like this.
    07-04-13 07:07 PM
    There is currently no menu item from within the streaming player that will allow you to download the file. As a workaround, once the file is playing, click on the address bar. Keep the original URL intact, and add the following text around it:

So, for example, I found this (completely random, don't judge me!) MP3 link online. The embedded player opens to "http://linkmusic.webs.com/12. Goodbye.mp3".

Change that to "data:text/html,<a href=http://linkmusic.webs.com/12. Goodbye.mp3>download</a>" and you will get a blank page with a link to the file saying "download". Long hold on that and you should get a Save Linked File option.

You can save the "before" and "after" text inside a note in Remember to make it easy to paste in the future.
    Wow! That worked mister, it created a black page with a text " download " which is hyperlinked to the song link and i could download it.
    <3!
    07-04-13 07:18 PM

That does indeed work =). Isn't there a way to immediately trigger the download screen like some webpages already do (within desktop browsers?)

07-04-13 07:19 PM
    That does indeed work =). Isn't there a way to immediately trigger the download screen like some webpages already do (within desktop browsers?)

I can download any link now within 5 seconds only. Here is what i did to make it simple:

I created a new bookmark with this link:

data:text/html,<a href=>download</a>

When i want to download a link i just copy it then paste it HERE:

data:text/html,<a href=HERE>download</a>

Then i press enter
    Hope that helps...
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-04-13 07:32 PM
    I just use a third party browser like naija browser, it let's you download a link file.

Posted via CB10. -PlayBook & Z10-
    07-04-13 07:42 PM
    I don't see a save as option either! I miss my music
    08-03-13 06:36 PM
    I wish I'd found this three yours ago.... Been so frustrating!
    Thank you Cozz4ever & SicCorrado!
    Eddy
    08-07-13 07:22 PM