You need a screen protector though. I had one without a screen protector a week in I noticed scratch. It was my niece with her long nails but still I went got it exchanged and bought a invisible shield.

Posted via CB10
    Fingernails? They shouldn't scratch any glass.
    05-12-13 01:18 PM
    I'll say this: I bought the transform case, but once I put it on the phone felt way more slippy. Also, I didn't like the new dimensions: it felt just a little too big and bulky.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:20 PM
    I only use the leather holster with it. Perfect blend of form and functionality, and it's still naked when I use it.
    Same here, I think this is the best of both worlds
    05-12-13 02:22 PM
    I love the feel of my phone without a case. That's when im using it. When I'm not I tuck it into a leather pouch which protects it and saves battery (from my experience). Best of both worlds. Keeps it naked and keeps it protected.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:35 PM
    Hbh

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:36 PM
    I was in an outdoor restaurant with some friends and my phone fell out of my pocket and onto the concrete. It's pretty dented but it's not that noticeable from a distance. Since the whole phone is plastic, dents are barely visible, even if they're major ones like on my own Z10.
    05-12-13 03:58 PM
    My white z10 is slippery when naked.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:49 PM
    On Friday I dropped my naked Z10 from 12'. I was on a ladder taking pictures above a dropped ceiling using my Z10 and it slipped (it's white) out of my hand as I started to climb down.

Couldn't find a scratch or dent on it, think it is so light that it didn't build up enough momentum to cause any harm. That said I imagine that if it had landed screen first or had hit differently, I might have a different story. So I'm looking at a couple of different cases on ebay and amazon.
    05-12-13 08:54 PM
    My white zed is a nightmare, the black one is a breeze.
    05-12-13 08:56 PM
    I actually had it on a gel case and now naked and I think I will be going back to the Case, it seems it is easier to grab with the case and type.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:57 PM
    I like it naked so I use a holster. Best compromise for me.
    05-12-13 09:05 PM
    Have had mine since end of Feb, I use the microfibre pouch but no case or screen protector. Dropped once, no damage at all. I just like the feel and form too much to put a case on it, and I'm pretty careful.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:05 PM
    At home no case.. when I'm not at home. Have to have the case.. feels way better without it though

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:08 PM
    On Friday I dropped my naked Z10 from 12'. I was on a ladder taking pictures above a dropped ceiling using my Z10 and it slipped (it's white) out of my hand as I started to climb down.

Couldn't find a scratch or dent on it, think it is so light that it didn't build up enough momentum to cause any harm. That said I imagine that if it had landed screen first or had hit differently, I might have a different story. So I'm looking at a couple of different cases on ebay and amazon.
    You'll find a dent later. I dropped mine probably like 3 feet high on marble floor and thought it was okay.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:25 PM
    Never used mine in a case. As you can see it's a little shiny in some areas on the side, corner is a little shiny too
    Attached Thumbnails How does the Z10 hold up naked?-dsc_0688.jpg   How does the Z10 hold up naked?-dsc_0689.jpg  
    05-12-13 10:09 PM
    I prefer mine without a case... after dropping it down the side of my seat in the car, and dropping it in the house a couple of times, it has a nick here and there but no damage and nothing really noticable... so I decided on the leather pocket to just protect it in a general way. I use the "pocket" for when I put the device in my pants pocket that may have loose change etc so it doesn't get scratched or dinged in my pocket... but one note: after I first got it I was in the habit of removing it from the case then holding the case in my hand with the phone in front of the case... and was puzzled why the screen wouldn't stay on: I thought the proximity sensor was acting up... but the leather pocket has the magnet in it that tells the phone it's in a case so the screen turns off... oops... so now after I remove it from the leather pocket, i slide the case back into my pocket.
    05-12-13 10:42 PM
    I used to use a flip case but the cover got in the way of me typing so now I go naked have dropped it a few times at home on carpet with no damage so far "Knocks on Wood" going to eventually get a sedio case for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:13 PM
    Incipio dual pro shine it's pretty slick looking but I do really like it without a case too it's a tough decision.
    05-12-13 11:19 PM
    mine wears a Tuxedo. Nothing but the best..
    05-12-13 11:25 PM
    Never used mine in a case. As you can see it's a little shiny in some areas on the side, corner is a little shiny too
    I think the same thing is happening to my Z10 as well, a little discoloration. I thought I was being weird and picky, but is that a common problem with soft touch plastic? The last thing I would want it for the whole phone to become shiny like that. Although it's not a huge deal.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:34 PM
    Screen protector and this Capdase soft jacket.

The BB logo shows through the back (even though the pictures on the website don't show this, the logo does show pretty nicely) and it protects the edges of the phone which tend to get worn out or shiny. and its almost unnoticeable.

I had a thinner smaller black colored one like those commonly used on iphones but it doesn't show the BB Logo and doesn't protect the top bottom front edges so I switched to this capdase.
    05-13-13 01:11 AM
    I love the naked feel of the Z10, but my butterfingers has prompted me to hide that sexy phone behind an Otterbox Defender. Beauty and the Beast.
    05-13-13 01:50 AM
    I love the naked feel of the Z10, but my butterfingers has prompted me to hide that sexy phone behind an Otterbox Defender. Beauty and the Beast.
    I'm in the same camp. I have a Ballistic's case with Ghost Armour screen protector on my Zed10. Makes the phone look like a tank but all you need to do is look at some S4 drop test videos on Youtube with their so called 'improved' Gorilla Glass and they make you run like hell to get a case and screen protector! My Z gets protected.
    05-13-13 07:49 AM
    Probably wise to use a case if your not using the oem belt holster. But if your rich or insured do what you want. This phone is great but it's not for kids. Check drop tests on YouTube. The z10 screen does not hold up well to cracks of any kind. Due to its radical new design one cracked renders the screen useless. So either don't crack it or insure it.
    05-13-13 08:20 AM
    I tend to use mine naked, particularly at home, though when I'm out in the wild I generally keep it stowed away in an OEM leather pocket. I've got a matte anti glare screen protector as I like the look of a matte screen on a matte phone. Also, it tends not to show up the fingerprints so much

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:11 PM
101 ... 2345